[Resolved] Super 8 Tucson / unsafe motel room stay in terms of shower rod and curtain

VANESSA M. MONTGOMERY [protected]

_515 East Lavitt Lane, Phoenix, AZ 85086

November 3, 2017

Super 8 Complaint Department
Super8.com

Dear Reader,

I have been a victim of the most unsafe motel stay and a potential scam at Super 8, Grant Road, Tucson, Arizona (Super 8 Tucson, 550 W. Grant Road, Tucson, AZ 85745; phone [protected], FAX [protected]). I paid for one night in a room with a shower rod that was not connected, a torn shower curtain, and multiple breaks in the wall. The dry wall crack in the bathroom appears to have black mold growing in it. I could have fallen and broken my leg in the shower if I grabbed the shower curtain or rod.

I have never stayed in such a broken down motel room before. I had the worst check in experience as well as the attendant would not give me my AAA discount as he said "I cannot rerun your AMEX card or cancel this reservation". I wanted to move to the Comfort Inn next door (which is the same price by the way but rooms are clean, safe, and towels are not thread-bare) but felt I could not afford to "eat" the $90.28 room charge (includes tax).

I am asking for a refund of $77 for this motel stay and for Super 8 to check out this franchise for safety and health.

I am a regular Motel 8 customer; been staying at Motel 8 in Tucson for the past 6 years.

Arrival Nov 2, 2017
Departure Nov 3, 2017
Room 124 King, non-smoking. paid with AMEX
Confirmation number: [protected]
Account number: [protected] (Wyn. Rewards member)

Thank you for your help.

Respectfully,

Vanessa M. Montgomery

Vanessa M. Montgomery
Adjunct Anatomy professor
Glendale Community College, Phoenix, AZ

cc: photos of Rm 124, Super 8 Tucson, 550 W. Grant Road, Tucson, AZ 85745

• Resolution statement

Contacted and refund in the mail.

Ne
Nov 05, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Nov 05, 2017

Unfortunately they may not be able to refund you since you did spend the night. It doesn't hurt to try though. I would recommend forwarding your pictures and information directly to Super 8.