The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Super 8 South Jordan, Utah / toilet water shower

1 10722 S 300 W South Jordan, UT 84095South Jordan, UT, United States
Contact information:
Phone: 801-553-8888

I have stayed at this Super 8 motel in South Jordan, Utah (10722 South 300 West South Jordan, UT 84095) numerous times for business but this last stay for business was the absolute worst motel experience I have ever had. The bathroom in the room had a big problem! At midnight one of the nights we stayed a member of my group went into the bathroom to take a shower. Upon turning on the bathroom light water started to flow abundantly out of the light soaking the toilet and entire floor and starting to soak the carpet. We immediately called the front desk to let them know of the problem. The clerk came to our room about 5 minutes after we called him and looked at the light and then left. 10 minutes later water is still flowing so we had to go out and find him because he just left not fixing the problem. We found him playing on the internet in the lobby... when we found him he said he could do nothing for us. When we complained that it was a fire hazard to have the light and electricity wet he didn't feel it warranted any precaution and refused to change our room. The light in the bathroom was still flowing with a steady water stream. At this time the front desk clerk decided he would get a metal step stool and with a metal screw driver he would take down the light and then dry it with a towel while the light was still on and the water still flowing.. After fighting with the front desk clerk for two hours and asking that he call the manager and or owner of the motel, the front desk clerk gave us the manager/owner business card... which was no help because the only contact numbers on the card were the motel numbers. We were finally moved to another room after 2 hours. The room we were moved to smelled strongly of stale cigarette smoke, the carpet in the room was damp and the beds were damp as well and the air conditioner was on full blast making the room freezing and uncomfortable. The room was so filled with stale smoke that it cause all three people (including myself) to get sick and loose our voices after being in the room for only 4 hours. We are very allergic to cigarette smoke and we were all having difficulties breathing. One of the ladies lost a half day of work because of this and in turn lost money that she could have earned had she been able to attend the expo we were at. When she returned to the motel to talk to the manager (Jassi) who was working at the time and he basically denied that anything was wrong with the room and then mentioned that the water was not an over flow of the shower above us but was actually over flow of the toilet. He didn't feel that having toilet water running out the light and on top of us and the bathroom was of any health concern. He also insisted that we were immediately moved to another room and wanted to know what else we wanted from him. He also denied that there were any problems with the room we were moved to. He told us that no matter what the issue was (flood, fire or burglary) he wouldn't come down to the motel in the middle of the night to handle any concern . He would handle it the next day at 8 am

When a member of my business group mentioned to Jassi that she had attempted to call customer care that night when the front desk clerk wouldn't help us Jassi got angry saying it would cost him $100 because we called them. He offered to take 50% off of our bill for the stay. When we checked out they had only taken $26 off of our 4 night stay and when we questioned the desk clerk about Jassi the manager/owner's promise the desk clerk said the manager wasn't available today and we would have to dispute this with him another day.

I wouldn't warrant any stars to this establishment or its employees. I hope that my letters and calls to Super 8 will not be ignored and that a satisfactory result will be accomplished. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

Co

Post your comment