Super 8 Motel / the man scares me!

I had made reservations online for June 28th, 2006.This was the first day of our vacation-we were on our way to a family reunion that had been 2 years in the making.We checked in and went to our room.It was approx. 8:30. We were not impressed with the room but the rate was good.They had a worn recliner in there that was a bit wobbly so I sat in very carefully to make sure it worked.It seemed to be o.k. I then got up for some reason and when I went back to sit on it ,it totally open up on me and we went backwards. I hit quite hard jarring my neck and back. I have a metal plate in my neck from a herniated disc so I am always very careful.I was sore when I got up but I was more angry.To put a broken recliner in a room where some one could get seriously hurt is just asking for a lawsuit to happen!! I went down to complain. I'm sorry to say I took it out at first on the employee but later apoligised.He dialed the owner and put me on the phone.I told him what had happened in his "### ###" recliner and said if I end up with neck or back problems I would sue.The owner was very nice,he was sorry and that the chair had been broken by previous renters.I said that he should have removed it before someone else rented the room.He agreed and said he would move us to another room and upon my asking,refunded the cost for the night.I then handed the phone to the employee and told him to keep record of what happened this evening incase the soreness I was feeling ended up to be more.

When I returned to the room I told my husband what we had discussed and he told me I should have gotten something in writing since they could get rid of the chair and get convenient amnesia.I did not want to go back down there so I told him to go.When he walked to the desk the employee was again talking to the owner and he said "that lady's husband wants to talk to you".My husband got on the phone and -nicely- asked if we could get something in writing.The owner went beserk! Something was said about us coming to his f---ing town and to his f---ing motel.to get the f--- out of his hotel and last but not least he was on his way there and him and my husband were going to "dance".My husband threw the phone to the employee and said he was calling the police.

Which my husband did when he returned to the room.And because this was all over my falling,the fire dept. came along with an ambulance and then an officer.I was so embarrassed that they all had to come when I was just sore from the fall.I had to explain everything to each person that came and that I really did not see that I needed their help at this moment.I was hoping that it would be gone by morning plus we were on our way to a family reunion.I also had a pet along.The owner came into the room while I was explaining and after a while identified himself.I asked why he thought it was necessary to "dance" with my husband and he of course denied everything.He said my husband was the one using foul language. My husband never even had a chance to say anything to the man and the only foul language was used by me in my discription of his recliner.My husband and the owner stepped in the hallway with the officer and the man just kept on lying about the whole incident.So finally since nothing was getting resolved we packed our bags and left.

Now, one would think that it would end there but it doesn't.The owner followed us from the hotel and when we stopped at another motel he sat there in his car watching us.We decided not to stay there and left but making sure we got behind him.We followed him a bit til he turned off on some road and then went in the opposite direction.We finally found a room about 10 pm.I could hardly sleep because I thought the owner would find us and only God knows what!

I was very happy to be on our way the next day and out of that town.

I have called in to Super 8 and complained.They said they would contact me with in 7 days.It is now July 18th and I have not heard from them.I also emailed the owner and ceo of the company that owns Super 8 and have not heard back. But it was through thier investor email since it's impossible to reach him directly.But it went through Cendant Co. and his attn.

I have had an X-ray and right now I believe just inflamation is the problem.I feel that the owner of the Super 8 should pay for any medical expense's that should incur.BUT....The man scares me! We are only about 2.5 hours away and he has all our information.I would prefer not dealing with him but go through Super 8 headquarters.I really need help with this situation but not sure where to go with it.?????????

Comments

• Ju
      7th of Oct, 2007
    Super 8 Motel - Cottonwood, Az - Rude and non accommodating clerk

I stayed at Super 8 Motel in Cottonwood, AZ. I warn all visitors beware. There is a clerk from hell. I was placed in a room next door to an extremely loud guest next day. I asked for another room. I was put into a room with a broken television. I asked the clerk for another room. She said none was available and nothing could be done about the broken TV. Then I asked if I could receive a credit since I did not have TV. She said she offered my the room next door to the loud guest and that's all she could do. So I told her I will contact the management of the Super 8 Motel by letter. She said go ahead since she would tell me that I refuse to take the room she offered. After, she finally contacted the manager she called to apologized and said she would give me a credit of 10%. It should not have been necessary to call the manager she should have known better than to treat a paying guest this way.

• Sc
      4th of Feb, 2008

Most Super 8 Motels do not allow there employees to give discounts! It's not the employee's fault. Stay some where a bit nicer next time! The discount thing goes for most ghetto hotels, Super 8, Red Roof Inn, Intown Suites, Extended Stay, Fairfield inns, etc...

• Wa
      30th of Apr, 2011
    Super 8 Motel - Carlisle, Pa. - Jacking Up Prices For Special Occasions
    Super 8 - Carlisle, PA.
    100 Alexandra Spring Road, Carlisle, PA. 17013
    Carlisle
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 717-245-9898

This motel doubles their prices when there is a car show in the area.
    I had stayed there once a week in my travels back and forth to the northeast in the past couple months.
    They feel no loyalty to their regular customers and think nothing of doubling the price of their rooms.
    This is a cheap motel that happens to have truck parking. I will be staying elsewhere from here on.

24th of Jun, 2011
    Super 8 Motel National City - DO NOT GO THERE!
    SUPER 8 MOTEL NATIONAL CITY
    ROOSEVELT AVE
    National City
    California
    Phone: 800-800-8000

I reserved a room for 14 days and had to check out after 5 due to an emergency. Only at check out I realized that I would not get a refund. Now since I can't get a refund, I asked for the room I paid for back. They refused. Do not use this motel, they are an absolute rip off! On top of that there breakfast was horrible. Although the bread and pastries were covered, with glass, the case was full of flies. I saw the receptionist shoo out the flies and cover it back up. Also an added bonus, the A/C blows out warm air. DO NOT GO HERE, it is not a clean motel and you will get ripped off!

• Cu
      12th of Jul, 2011
    Super 8 Motel - Stay away
    Super 8 Motel

I was denied a room unpon arrival at the Super 8 Motel in Grand Junction, Colorado. Many rooms were in fact available and full standard identification was provided even including a Super 8 Rewards Club member card and an AAA Member card. All normal and usual methods of payment were offered including credit cards and travelers checks. The desk clerk however refused to provide a room and refused to provide a reason for this action.

Multiple formal written complaints have been made to both Super 8 management and to the franchise owner, the Feeley Family Limited Partnership. Both the company and the owner have refused to provide any reason for their action, have refused to provide location information for witnesses to the incident, and have refused to provide any information on the results of the internal investigations they claim to have undertaken. They have completely stonewalled and have not made any good faith effort at a just resolution of the case.

I have concluded that after many months of unsuccessful efforts to obtain just treatment, that only formal complaints will cause this motel company to respond properly and justly to my complaint. Since they have refused to provide the requested reason for their refusal to provide a room to me, it must be concluded that their denial was based on what I believe to be unlawful and and improper discriminatory factors. There is simply no other plausible reason for their denial of a room to me.

• In
      12th of Jul, 2011

Here is a reason, you seem like a jackass and they did not want to deal with you. As a private business on private property they are allowed to make such decisions, sleep someplace else.

• Sh
      7th of Jun, 2012
    Super 8 - scabies
    Iowa Falls
    Iowa

My husband and I stayed at a super 8 in Iowa falls Iowa. When I woke up I had small red marks on me and they itched. I then found dog hair in the bed I slept in. I thought it was flees. I finally went to the Dr. and found out I got scabies from sleeping in that bed. The manager was very rude to my husband. She said she would give us half our money back. She never did. We stayed there over memorial weekend. We stayed only 1 night.

• Gr
      21st of Aug, 2012
    Super 8 - Hospitality and cleanliness
    Super 8

Recently I stayed in Super 8 “hotel”. It was the most awful place I have ever been for. There was too little place in the room. The price was too high for this service. Talking about breakfast it was so bad that I we decided to eat outdoors. Never stay in this hotel!

• Ra
      5th of May, 2013

People don't get scabies from dogs. Humans get scabies from other people. First place to investigate is who your husband has been bedding down with. If out of sight for 45 minutes or more in the past 2 months, , it isn't out of the question. Just sayin.

• Da
      14th of May, 2013
    Super 8 - Gives away room and doesn't care
    1203 S. 12th
    Clarinda
    Phone: 712-542-6333

On Saturday 5/11/2013 we arrived at Clarinda Iowa super 8 for our week long vacation. They had given our room away and had no apology. As a matter of fact they said it was our fault. When we made our reservation the lady on the phone said that we didn't have to give our credit card number since we would be staying for a week. They say their policy is you have to give your credit card. No manager was on duty nor could we speak to her. Even after explaining that our email said we must cancel 24hrs in advance (and we didn't). Our email said nothing about had to tell them we would be there. They clerk on duty would just say its our policy to give away rooms at 6pm. I asked her if she knew how it felt to drive 1200 miles( its really 1600) to find out you have no room. The next day still could not speak to a manager. Called the corporate office 1-800-454-3213 and they wanted to give me a 30 dollar gift certificate. Than what that turned out to be was they were trying to charge me with a membership. To this day we have had no apology nor phone back. Its 5/14/2013. They don't even care but they will sell you a membership and give you a gift certificate. Everyone look at complaints for super 8 before you get a room. THEY DON"T CARE

• La
      6th of Dec, 2013
    Super 8 - Hospitality and cleanliness
    Fort Madison
    Iowa

The Manager at this motel, is the worst, she has a serious personality problem. At present their are a group of men who is working on the railroad staying here, and she sits and have conversations with them for lengthy period, not doing her job. She does not even check the rooms to see if the cleaners are even doing a good job, and for most parts, they are not. The microwave in the breakfast area is always dirty, you are not lucky if you get coffee and the fruit is rotten for most part. I am sorry, but I am completely turned off .

25th of Sep, 2015

Bad time at Savannah, Georgia
    Bait and switch on rates
    Desk light strange couldn't get it to work at night to do work
    In morning spigot shoots off pipe in shower bruised grandmaws leg.
    Hot breakfast a joke. just bisquits and gravy and wafle no eggs meat or anything except toast and cod cereal and juice.

Tried to call to make complaint bad numbers endless ads 40 minutes wasted on phone no immediate help out there

Its tied into that Wyndam ponzi like scam as far as i see. all glitz and hype run away from super 8 and wyndham

• In
      22nd of Jul, 2016

Not the American Dream you envisioned when you ran through the dessert illegally.

• Ha
      22nd of Jul, 2016

if you were in this country legal this would have never happened

• Fr
      22nd of Jul, 2016

At a low rent motel there is normally one person on the desk. That is the whole staff. If they go to a room, nobody answers the phone. Could be the poorly paid housekeepers sabotaged the room before they quit. The local health department can inspect and close a motel that isn't maintaining standards.
    super8.com

• Su
      22nd of Jul, 2016
    Super 8 Motel - Feces on the Sheet, and bug spray fumes in the room.
    SUPER 8 MOTEL
    2815 OLD MONTOURSVILLE ,PA
    MONTOURSVILLE

ONOWER FOR THAT MOTEL HIRE PEOPLE FOR HOUSEKEEPING FOR WEEK AND FIRE THEM AS SOON SHE FIND SOMEBUDY ALSE FOR LESS MONEY SHE FIRE AT LEAST 7 PEOPLE IN 2 MONTH AND THE OWNER TAKES ALL THE TIP FROM THE ROOM

• We
      22nd of Jul, 2016
    Super 8 Motel - Feces on the Sheet, and bug spray fumes in the room.
    3304 S. Eastman Rd.
    Longview

Checked in to the Motel, no one was in the Motel, and we were given a room in the back of the hotel by the pool. The pool was filthy and it looked as if it had not been cleaned in months. We were in room 227, when we got ready to get comfortable I pulled back the sheet and the comforter only to find a ball of feces on the comforter and sheet. I was so upset I called down to the front desk and asked them to come to the room, I had to call them 3 times in order for someone to come to the room and when they got there they were really unconcerned about the whole matter. They offered to give me another room. I decided to give them another chance to resolve my situation and they then relocated me down to another room and as soon as they opened the door to the room all I could smell was bug spray fumes, we didn't even go in the room and the smell was in our cloths. At that point I decided to leave the motel and ask for my money back. I was given a refund. I just want to say that the Franchise need to pay this particular Motel a pop up visit. They are giving a bad name to the Motel.My family has always stayed at Super 8 and to go to one that was in such disrepair was sad. I really hope that someone can go and check the place out. Don't tell them that your coming but pop up They really need to do better than what they are doing.

• Ri
    Super 8 Motel, Athens, Oh - Proprietor is a rip-off artist
    State Rte. 50
    Athens
    Ohio

Do NOT stay at this motel!

The proprietor of this hotel is a well-known rip-off artist. If you attempt to apply a legitimate discount to your room rate, even if you've booked it online in advance, there is always a "problem" with it and he refuses to honor the rate. This has happened to me and family members on multiple occasions. We finally got fed up with it and realized he was reporting the low rate and then pocketing the difference. Super 8 Customer Service does absolutely nothing about it...nothing! They apparently don't care that this guy is sullying their chain's name. My advice is to not patronize ANY Super 8 motel. But for God's sake, stay away from this one!

• Ic
      12th of May, 2018

I dabble TV Commercial of parents showing their little girl going potty by the car in full view of passing cars. This is the worst commercial I have ever seen on TV. This is in very poor taste. I would like to have it removed from the T V viewers eyes. How can a parent allow their child to be in this commercial.
    I. Contreras, CA