Sunwing Vacationsvacation to cuba

We booked a family group vacation to Holguin, Cuba. Flight leaving Winnipeg on December 25th for 1 week duration. Less than 24 hrs prior to departure Sunwing Vacations advised us that 4 members of our family were being transferred to a different hotel 40 minutes away from the remainder of the family due to over-booking at our hotel. We said that this was not acceptable because we wanted to remain togeather as a family for Christmas. We were told that the only other option we had was that these 4 family members could get a refund! We were very unhappy about this arrangement and were forced to accept the transfer, we were told that we could take it up with the travel company upon our return. I have been trying to make contact with Sunwing and Itravel2000 who we booked with. I have been unable to speak with anyone and have been told that since we agreed to the transfer we can consider that we have been compensated. We have been offered a $50. travel voucher for future travel but I think this is an insult!! Our once in a lifetime vacation has been ruined. Who can I speak with to get compensation?

El
Jan 27, 2015

Comments

• Pi
      Jan 27, 2015

Is there in your country some "consumers association"?