Sunwing Travel Grouputterly disappointed with memories paraiso, cayo santa maria sunwing exclusive

Booking # [protected] Travel dates of Jan 16-23rd 2017. I am absolutely sickened by the horrific conditions of this so called "4*" resort in Cayo Santa Maria. Please note that I am an avid traveller vacationing in the south about 4 times a year. I am not comparing this resort to any other country ie. Mexico or Jamaica. This is apples to apples with other Cuban 4 star resorts and hands down this is a 2.5* at best. Shame on Sunwing for promoting this dilapidated and despicable hotel as a family friendly resort. The Sunwing rep promoted this resort at a Toopy and Binoo show I attended with my four year old in my home town of St. Catharines and other than a 30 minute show one evening and a brief appearance pool side there was nothing family friendly about it. Please note the photos of the resort showing visible safety hazards at every turn from the mold in the rooms, the sharp edged broken tiles in my hotel room and poolside where it is obvious that shoes are not worn, the exposed wiring and light sockets, rebar exposed walk ways and other tripping hazards. The garbage cans and ash trays throughout the resort were over flowing and the entire resort was not well kept and falling apart. The condition of the room was horrific with worn out broken down mattresses and furniture and stained lamp shades. The closet doors were missing and the toilet didn't flush for the first day. That was a real problem traveling with a 4 year old and arriving at 1230am. Luckily my brother was just next door. Your ad reads, crystal clear pool...lounge around...stay refreshed by the pool. First of all the pool area smelled of raw sewage and almost all the lounges were broker ... complete false advertising from your photos as the blue chairs are few and far between and located at Memories Grand. Furthermore, the pool was full of floating debris and garbage. Family friendly I think not. You write in your ad of the wide variety of outdoor activities?? Please refer to the condition of the shuffleboard and the basketball and tennis courts were no better. The towel service was non existent and only once in 7 days were we able to change our towels. We paid for 2 a la cartes and booked the day after we arrived to find we could get only one at 830pm one evening as all other spots for the week were booked. Shame on you Sunwing!! I hope it is not true that you actually own these Memories resorts because that would be unimaginable to think that a company I respected as a top tour group is actually a huge slum lord. The food was barely palatable and the food handling was atrocious. My husband (William Popovich) joined us in Cuba on Jan 18-25 and his room was just as bad. If it weren't for the fact that I was traveling with a group and many joining on different dates, I would have moved hotels and paid the difference. I am a big believer in getting what you pay for and had I paid half the price and knew the real star value I would not be half as mad. My last stay in Cayo Santa Maria was in 2015 at Playa Cayo and it was cheaper and far superior. Please refer to Global News report by Sean O'Shea as my feelings are mimicked in that report. You have had many complaints since that broadcast in 2015 yet you have made no changes to the star rating or photos. You proactively monitor the resorts you recommend?? Well if that is true then you will need to increase your standards, drop some of your exclusive to Sunwing properties, report proper star ratings based on TICO requirements or get out of the travel industry before you are run out. I am well aware of what Cuba has to offer compared to other destinations but really Sunwing...epic fail. Please explain yourself and make no mistake I expect compensation for myself and my husband and son and those traveling with my party. Please respond before I take it to the next level (Richard Smart of TICO or social media)
Read the countless online reviews and complaints regarding this specific resort and do the right thing.

Signed,