SunTrustBank / check cashed

I have been cashing my check at this brach for the past two months as I have some finiancial issues to clear up with another bank, so never the less I have been success[censored] at cashing my checks at this particular branch I was asked to do the famous thumb print and two forms of identification I produce a VALID md driver's license and SS card. never the less I recently got arried and the last names were different. The teller said ashe needed to get a signoff for whatever reason so I waited she goes and talks to the BM - branch Manager who tells here that my SS card is not a form of idetification since when? And was asked to produce a marrige certificate! Hater! She denied me the cashing privelage for that very reason and I am PO. I do not like when a Sister Girl is in a position of Minute authority thinks they are better than you when I have seen that Branch Manager sit in the same Ghetto Hair Salon and mibgle wioth the Same Ghetto people as I have on a bi-weekly basis she's a foriener and she is loclass hussy whereing Stipper shoes to work. Trying to cash in on an american to get that visa. Dumb ho! So I got the check cashed at the branc up the street and opened an account there so ther goes you commision. Tramp

Ti

Comments

• Wh
      4th of Mar, 2009

I think you are obviously confused.. first off, Suntrust does NOT do the "thumb print". Second, if your last name on your ID does NOT match then they will NOT cash your check unless you show proper ID stating the "name change". They have a limit where a 2nd piece of ID is required!! A SS card is not a form of a 2nd ID!!! Any bank will tell you that. If you went up the street to cash the check and they "cashed" it for you... then they must know who you are!! You are calling the BM a tramp because she wouldn't cash your check??!! Because she didn't want to LOOSE her job over a loser!!!??? COME ON!! Get a life! Have you ever heard of FRAUD?!?!?

• Sy
      5th of Jun, 2010

The identification you were asked to produce is for your protection. When your name changes, any reputable company will ask for documentation to prevent illegal access to your account. Again, for your protection. You would be writting an equally offensive comment if the bank had permitted someone, who had stollen your check, to cash it that bank. You would be complaining that the bank should have had a more stringent policy for verifying the identification of the person trying to cash the check.
    Based on your comment regarding SunTrust's security measures, I am convinced to transfer my banking to SunTrust. Thanks for the information.

• 60
      25th of Oct, 2010

Whyme, you are dead wrong about the thumb print! I do not have an account with Dumbtrust, but my wife does. She wrote me a $20 check to cash for her in my name. When I attempted to cash it they sent me an ink pad to get my print. I sent my government issued DL with the check. The teller said thumb print was required for anyone not having an account with them. My response was I would not permit them to intrude on my personal privacy for $20 and asked to speak to manager. They made me leave the drive thru and go inside only to state it was their policy. When asked why, they said it was in case of fraud, which I took as a slap in my face to accuse me of being a criminal. Will never set foot in any of their banks again for life.

IF YOU ACCEPT BEING TREATED LIKE THIS THESE "PRTECT OUR COMPANY AT ANY COST WILL CONTINUE TO BE OUT OF CONTROL!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!