SunTrustBank / poor service
This company talks about how they are so customer friendly. They are nice to you on the phone, will listen, but offer nothing and provide nothing. Because the market was bad, they ignored me on refinancing in the beginning of 2008 when interest rates were low and then called me to refinance when interest rates went up.
In July 2008, suntrust froze my home equity line of credit which had a zero balance. To test there customer service, I asked them to just close the account and waive the $400 closing cost early termination fee. They said no. So I have an equity loan with zero balance that I cannot use but will have to pay $400 to close it within 3 years.
The whole time they keep saying how they know me as a customer now, how they are rated high for customer service with JD Powers, and keep wanting me to open bank accounts with them. All I have to say is hell no. They should remember to take care of there customers in good times as well as bad times.
This bank is not a consumer friendly bank and I do not recommend SunTrust bank at all.
More SunTrustBank Complaints & Reviews
- Suntrust - overdraft fees 
- SunTrustBank - unauthorized bank charge! 
- Sunlife Financial Trust Inc - fraudulent lottery winnings 
- SunTrustBank - closed checking account (what a joke) 
- Suntrust - not to be trusted - horrible customer service 
- Suntrust Banks - visa prepaid gift card
- Suntrust Banks - overdraft fees
- Suntrust Banks - check cashing
- Suntrust Bank - service
- Suntrust Banks - car payment refunded to the wrong party