SunTrustBank / poor service

This company talks about how they are so customer friendly. They are nice to you on the phone, will listen, but offer nothing and provide nothing. Because the market was bad, they ignored me on refinancing in the beginning of 2008 when interest rates were low and then called me to refinance when interest rates went up.

In July 2008, suntrust froze my home equity line of credit which had a zero balance. To test there customer service, I asked them to just close the account and waive the $400 closing cost early termination fee. They said no. So I have an equity loan with zero balance that I cannot use but will have to pay $400 to close it within 3 years.

The whole time they keep saying how they know me as a customer now, how they are rated high for customer service with JD Powers, and keep wanting me to open bank accounts with them. All I have to say is hell no. They should remember to take care of there customers in good times as well as bad times.

This bank is not a consumer friendly bank and I do not recommend SunTrust bank at all.

Da

Comments

• To
      15th of Aug, 2008

I am also struggling with Suntrust to reinstate a portion of my home equity line of credit. I have been following thier process to reinstate my line of credit which has ultimately required me to spend $240 for a new appraisal, since my six month old appraisal wasn't recent enough. Now ten days have passed, my check has been cashed and Suntrust still has no information from thier appraiser. I will wait five more days then requist my appraisal money back and discontinue doing business with SunTrust.

11th of Nov, 2008

SUNTRUST BANK HAS THE WORST PEOPLE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, THE WORST PEOPLE IN EVERY DEPARTMENT!!! I REGRET THE DAY I OPENED UP AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM FOR ANY TYPE OF LOANS!!! I REALLY DONT SUGGEST THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE!!! PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND JOIN THE MANY PEOPLE BEING SCREWED BY THESE BLOODSUCKAS!!!

• Eu
      26th of Nov, 2008

It's true! Suntrust is in the business of screwing over it's customers as much as possible. If these clowns are still in the black it's because they hit you with every fee and then some that they possibly can on even the simplest oversight. A mistake was made on our account for $1.86, which we owned up to through oversight, and were hit with over $200.00 in overdraft fees becasue of the way they figured it. Now get this...Suntrust has TWO different sets of overdraft fees they stick up your rear end before you get a chance to take a deeep breath. When you call to get them to work with you on a problem like this they don't want to talk to you. I mean they don't want to hear anything you have to say and ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to take off the charges. This was our very first problem with our account in 2 years and they basically set out to crucify us. It will also be our last problem with this bunch of blood sucking ticks. We couldn't close our account today because the person we needed to talk to has already started choking to death on turkey and lumpy mashed Suntrust mashed potatoes and is therefore unavailable until Friday morning. I urge anyone to THINK LONG AND HARD before falling in behind this bunch of crooks. They seriously could care a less about thier customers and they SUCK like no other bank has ever sucked before. ADIOS AMIGOS!!!

• Ou
      26th of Mar, 2009

Agreed, I my particular case regarding an auto loan. Suntrust seems to loose the electronic payment from my bank (Chase) this has happened numerous times at this point over the past year ultimately resulting in late fees and late pays….
    Now, if I call in a payment via phone where they get to charge me an extra 15.00 dollars for the convenience of it the get payment and everything is good.
    When talking with their customer service about this, it’s a futile effort; these people are rude and of no help. I will never do business with these folks again and will not recommend them to anyone; they run an underhanded business at the very least.

• Ab
      6th of Apr, 2009

Can't agree more. We want to refinance our mortgage and have tried to call them almost 3 weeks ago. Always got the answering machine that said they would return call within 5 business days. LIAR! I called 3-4 times already and never heard from them. I also got a direct phone number to a mortgage rep, so I started calling last week. Today I got a message that the mailbox is full. So much for customer no service. We are thinking of moving and if we do, we would never get a mortgage or do any business with SunTrust again.

• A
      8th of Apr, 2009

I have had a few cases with Suntrust and I thinkt hey are wonderful. ALOT better than being ignored when you walk into Bank of America like I was. :(

• Si
      9th of Jun, 2009

Suntrust Bank has currently delayed our conversion of a construction loan into a permanent loan for several months, trying to wait out higher interest rates or impose additional penalties. The service has been incredibly poor. The communication is incredibly poor. We have a solid history and account levels with this bank. They are really damaging the credibiltiy of their bank in my eyes, and I am very close to liquidating all of our accounts with Suntrust to move to another bank as soon as possible. I would strongly discourage anyone from working through Suntrust on a home mortgage. Strongly. I have tried everything to get better service, to no avail.