Sunshine Winters Photography / Wedding Album

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

This is about our wedding photographer. It took 1 yr to get our wedding album that was supposed to take 6-8 weeks. After following up with the photographer several times, it got to the point where I had to go behind her and make sure she was doing her job. Very frustrating when you pay a photographer $3200 and have to go through hell getting what you paid for.

Comments

• Su
      18th of Jan, 2009

Unfortunately, the wedding album for Angie took longer then it should have, but these are the reasons. In the contract is states, "Please allow 8-10 weeks for the final delivery of wedding album." This means after all of the selections are submitted and the final album proof is approved by the bride are turned into the studio. The process in which it takes to make the album can take several months. There are many factors that come into play when creating a unique and one of a kind wedding album and this process was like no other I have ever experienced in the years I have been doing wedding photography.

In this case, we had many issues to deal with. The album selections were misplaced by us initially and the bride had to make her selections again, which took some time. In response to our mistake, we offered the bride enlargements from her wedding which she was happy about. Then, several changes to the album design were requested to be made by the bride. This dragged the process out several additional months. The wedding album company we used for her album is out of Italy and was going through some changes at that time which delayed this process even more. Just to make matters even worse, Ike happened which put us out of business for a month.

So, unfortunately this album process took way longer then it should have. I really wish it didn't take as long, but there were many factors to take in consideration for this situation. We understand that the album is very important and it is the end product. It should be perfect, but sometimes it takes time creating perfection. We strive to make all of our brides completely happy throughout the whole process including the albums and we'll do what ever we can to please our brides. The album is the most valuable memory from your wedding. We work hard in creating our wedding albums. This is the first time this has ever happened and we will work hard to make sure it is the last time. Making an album is a team effort between the photographer, bride and album vendor. We try to make it go as smooth and easy as possible.

Quite honestly, I understand her frustration and at the same time I was very frustrated myself during this process. I did everything in my power to please Angie like I do all my brides. I really want everyone to walk away happy and as a small business owner it is very important to me that I please everyone. Once the album was finally completed, she seemed very happy and excited to get her albums. I received several print orders from her wedding and was told great things about my photography, so the only problem was with the album design process and we are truly sorry it took so long. We now are encouraging our brides to come into the studio and sit down with us, so we can help make this process less time consuming and easier for everyone involved.

I received this testimonial from the mother of the bride: "Best photography I have ever seen. I heard lots of compliments throughout the night about you and your work. Thanks so much." Shirley Wilkins (Mother of the Bride)