Sunshine Vacations / Terrible company

1 304 Cramer CourtDublin, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-309-7000

We got called from Sunshine Vacations, and asked how they got our number. They said we qualified for a free vacation, consisting of 3 nights and 4 days on a Bahama cruise ship, with air fare included to and from the port of entry.

Duh! They got our names and numbers from The Rave Theater at Polaris, Lewis Center, Ohio, when we entered a drawing for a Mini Cooper car! All we had to do for this free vacation was to come to their location and listen to a one hour presentation. They are not TRAVEL AGENTS! They are wholesale (buy-in) time sharing condo vacation package sellers. They were trying to sell a a package of 15 to 30 vacation deals a year.

For the mere sum of: Now get this! $336.00 per year membership. Plus. Now get this! $99.00 scheduling fee each time you go on a vacation. Plus. Now get this! $600.00 for the week at the condo. Plus any taxes and tariffs added on. That doesn't include any travel expense, air fare expense, food expense, etc. That's just the price for staying in the condo for one week. You add it up.

It will cost you $336.00 even if you don't vacation that year. And your free vacation on the Sea Cruise is scheduled around all the holidays, so you aren't able to take the vacation they offered. We did however get 2 tickets to see the Blue Jackets in Columbus. Whoopee! And we're not sure they are any good, because we haven't used them yet. We'll see on March 3rd at 7:00 p.m. and let you know later whether they were good or not.
Sound like a RIP-OFF to you?

Br

Comments

• Re
      16th of Sep, 2009

How is this a terrible company? All it sounds like to me is that you got free tickets to a professional sports game for one hour of your time. What do you really have to complain about? If the sales pitch isn't for you why didn't you leave? This seems like a legitimate business offering an incentive to lure customers in. No different from a buy one get one free deal but on a larger scale.

If you're really upset about getting lousy Blue Jackets tickets because you were gullible enough to drive to the sales pitch and spend an hour of your time, then let's call a spade a spade.

They sell time shares and vacation packages. Millions of people buy into these and I'll guarantee you're friends with someone who has one, if you have any friends that is.

• Ba
      3rd of Oct, 2009

I actually received the same call in February because I entered to win a car at Tuttle Mall. I went to the whole "sales pitch" presentation. It did take longer than an hour and I had to tell about 5 different people I was not interested in purchasing a vacation package. At the end of all of it I received my certificate for a 3 day cruise on Carnival and airfare for 2. I also received 2 tickets to a Blue Jackets game. I went to the game in March and the seats weren't great, but hey it was free tickets to the game!!

As for the cruise, I followed all necessary steps to receive it. That included registering your certificate, putting down a deposit, and selecting 3 possible sailing dates. After all of that I had to call to schedule it. I did not get my 1st or 2nd choice of sailing dates, but that was expected. The process was all pretty simple and I did have to pay for taxes on the airfare and cruise. We also chose to upgrade our room on the cruise.

My boyfriend and I just went on the cruise this past weekend (September 25th) and it was amazing! We had a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas and airfare to Miami, FL. We had such a wonderful time and I am so glad I did not listen to all those people about it being a "rip-off." I am attaching a beautiful picture I took of the Bahamas!

So to all those people who are wondering if Sunshine Vacations is a rip-off... it is not. You get a free cruise for a little bit of your time. If you think your time is too valuable and you can't miss 2 hours, then maybe you need a vacation.

My roommate just won the same cruise and is in the process of booking hers now!

20th of Nov, 2009

I agree with the original complaint! Sunshine Vacations IS a sketchy company.

This past week, I went in for my "1 hour sales presentation" and it was stupid. The guy who gave our presentation was TERRIBLE and he rushed through the numbers at the end just to confuse everyone and make it seem like your spending way less, when in reality this is a huge rip off!

Who actually has time to go on 30 different vacations in a year? (except if you're retired and have a ton of money) I found the whole process sketchy and on top of that, they claim they have offices all over the U.S. but why do they each have different names? Um, does that sound like a pyramid scheme to anyone? That is like one of the key characteristics of multilevel marketing companies and pyramid schemes.

I supossedly have won a 3 night cruise to the bahamas but honestly, it still will end up costing you about $500 or more in the end for 2 people to go on it. There are a lot of hidden costs that aren't apparent in the beginning. And on top of that, they make it has hard as possible for you to go when you actually have time.

I would NEVER get involved in a company like this! My first job out of college was with a company similar to this and I learned my lesson after 1 day of working there...I did a little research on the internet about the company and found out it was a pyramid scheme and I got out of there as fast as I could! I did so much research on companies like this and I can spot one when I see it. My theory is, if you google a business and they are listed on multiple websites for sketchy behavior and complaints...there is definately going to be truth to that. Yes, you will always have a few people unhappy with your business no matter who you are but this is not just a few...

Stay away from Sunshine Vacations and if your an employee who clearly goes around and writes on these websites trying to claim your a great company, just quit your job and find a real one! In the end you're gonna get screwed and you know it...