Sunset Travel / travel agent

1 9/136 Pacific Parade Bilinga 4225, Coolangatta, Queensland, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 07 55361017

Had a phone call Sept. '2010 from Grant tell me about this great offer for fight's and accommodation in Australia 3 years to use them, destination Adelide, Sydney, Canberra, Gold Coast, Hobart, Cairns, , Mackay, Alice Springs, Perth, Darwin just to name a few. So with this great offer i bought a flight package which included 5 x $199 return airfare voucher's 8 x $99 booking voucher's(accommodation) and 8 x $59 booking voucher's (accommodation) for the grand total of $407.95 .The booking ceritificates were fully transferable and non-refundable.Know thinking it's that time of the year we are getting ready to book our holiday, try to get in contacted with Sunset Travel only to find that there is on answer with the number we were given, just a message telling the hours they work and to leave a message.I have left a message every day for a week, but still no return call.

More Sunset Travel Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ri
      Jul 21, 2011

hi
    what happened with the package? was it resolved? Well I just got sucked in . I ve been trying to ring them for the past two weeks but no answer just a recorded message

• In
      Jul 21, 2011

Do you believe everything people tell you. How are you not in a cult? Perhaps before handing money over to someone you should check the business out and research what you are about to do. A little thinking beforehand goes a long way.

• Lo
      Jul 25, 2011

I've been trying to call up too. They played bully tactics in the selling of the product phone call and when the documentation arrived and read through the t's and c's it wouldn't work for us as you had to book accomodation at the same time as using the flight voucher so managed to get in contact with them and write a request for refund letter which was submitted to them. Managed to get through to them to make sure it arrived but now everytime I call them I get that same answerphone recording

Jul 28, 2011

went to the bank who contacted sunset travel on my behalf and requested that they refund my money. Georgina Manager said she would do it straight away -- still waiting .

Jul 28, 2011

i should report them to the ACCC

• Ai
      Jul 29, 2011

I was worried when i saw this sight as i purchased from them last year, I phoned them today and got through to them straight away, they have been changing their phone system over and it affected their message bank, so were unable to return calls, i suggest you try and call them again as they were extremely helpful to me.
    Happy Customer

Aug 01, 2011

I have spoken to Georgina too. She has been really helpful to me. They have had their phones being changed over and lost a lot of their voice mails. They can't call you if they don't have your numbers!! I think you're being unfair, it isn't nice to post up stuff like this and I am sure they can't be happy that you are saying things like this about their business. You should deal with it properly and through correct channels. I called the office of fair trading and they said sunset travel is a legitimate business thats been trading for 10 or more years. I think they are just really busy. Carol.

• La
      Aug 02, 2011

Hi all,
    I too have been trying to get a refund from this company since 7/6/11. I have spoken to Georgina on numerous occasions and sent 5 emails all ignored. Georgina has promised on each and every occasion to fix up my refund and that she will contact me by close of business that day. Call or email never arrives. I too have contacted the department of Fair trading, info sent and I and still waiting . Georgina has listed every excuse I can think of when I called her from, just about to process your refund to our phones and internet service is down at the moment. This is a scam. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.
    John.

• Al
      Aug 22, 2011

Hi
    How are you all going wit being scammed by the company Sunset Travel. I did too. Advice to anyone out there. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE RIP OFFS, ARRANGE YOUR OWN DEAL HEAPS CHEAPER. Conned again.

Sep 15, 2011

Got in contacted with Sunset Travel again on the 7th Sept 2011.Anita the new head of booking is working on my booking personally, she said she would get back to me within 24 hrs still waiting.But I have recieved and email from Sunset Travel apologizing that I have had trouble making my booking under the previous sale person.Now Anita will be looking after me.They also asking me in good faith to remve my post from this web site and anywhere else that I may have put it.Today I have email them to say I will be more than happy to remove post when I feel my money was well spent.
    Marlarka

• Be
      Oct 04, 2011

I have too been scammed, the voucher hotels in darwin have asked them a long time ago to delete the advertisement as they have nothing to do with Sunset Travel and have never, its a very clever scam, for people living close to other destinations, try and ring the chosen places to stay and see if they have heard of Sunset travel i bet they havent. Ok its free advertising but they dont want to discount in peak season. and you have to pay up front, i dont know how people can sleep at night, this ms goeorgina day, and the travel agent Grant Richard Culell who is the licensed agent. i wonder if he knows about this and is she is using his number on the website. i have tried to ring and email for only 2 days so i feel sorry for the poor buggers who have been doing it longer.
    So has anyone actually had a successful holiday with this mob, can you let me know, my girlfreind still has a smidgen of faith that people cant be that bad, so im a sceptic, i would love to hear of how you booked and it went ok,
    Soozie

• Al
      Oct 14, 2011

Is this in Australia. I just got a call from Jade from Sunset travel offering me a deal and I said that I was suspicious and googled it and it came up as a scam and she said oh no that's not us that company is in America/South America we are a legitimate company in Australia. So all of these complaints here are you in Australia????

• Ex
      Nov 28, 2011

Grant culell is an ex bankrupt i worked for this scam artist for a short time until i found out how much of a rip of business it is the accc are looking in to his practices as we speak

• Pm
      Nov 30, 2011

I too have been ripped off...I got a phone call from jade telling me about this promotional product and she told me there were no hidden costs but surprise surprise...taxes for airline tickets, booking fees, luggage fees and many more...that i wasnt told about...have emailed her over a week ago and no response now been in contact with fair trading and see what happens...i want a full refund on 2 packages

Jan 05, 2012

Yes I too have been ripped. On 16 Dec was contacted about 10 flights any where in Australia for $447 fully transferable wow what a deal. After taking look at there website immediately canceled even rang my bank to stop any payments . Thought nothing of it until 27 Dec when I received email from Sunset travel yeh u guessed it they got the money out of credit card dumb bank and what a noob I am . Fighting ever since get my money. Back.

Jan 06, 2012

You are all so ###ing dumb! Do your research people! Or how about you actually listen to what the booking agents are telling you on the phone! It is a fabulous offer! It says in the comprehensive package that the Airline taxes may vary from each Airline and each State. Sunset Travel is not a scam whatsoever! The booking agents are very busy people! The booking agents explain the accommodation numerous times on the phone.
    Get a grip people!

Jan 09, 2012

I f your going to sell flights well then sell the ###ing things but this business is a dead set scam no mention of accommodation until I did a search. They don't honor there cooling off period, Have to go to consumer affairs to get my money back, so don't talk ###. If there so busy why did they have time to reply to 15 emails just maybe Catherine your part of Sunset Travel I bet.

Jan 13, 2012

No, I don't work for Sunset Travel, I am a happy customer.
    If Sunset Travel was a 'dead set scam' they wouldn't have their travel agent license number and wouldn't be registered.
    Fair Trading have checked over Sunset Travel and they say it is a legitimate company.
    Stupid people.

Jan 13, 2012

Who did all you people deal with on the phone?
    I booked my package with Sammy. Lovely girl. I too am a happy customer.

• Xx
      Jan 19, 2012

These people are con artist ACCC are looking into them as we speak the fine that they will recieve is huge

• Su
      Mar 01, 2012

I have received periodic calls from these guy for a few years now. Same deal. They tell me my friend recommended them (and he doesn't, he got scammed too) and they do their sales pitch. Each time I ask for my name to be removed from their database they say sure yet I still get these calls. Today it was Sammy, a nice sales person until I explained my experiences with them and before I finished requesting my name to again be removed from their database she hung up on me mid sentence. So I called them back and spoke to another nice person who apologized and then removed me from their database. I still expect to get a call in 6 - 12 months...

• Tr
      Mar 02, 2012

I'm curious. Why would somebody who has only good things to say about Sunset Travel look up a scam web site in the first place? When I get good service from a shop, I certainly don't think to look them up on a scam site. So, all you "happy customers" obviously have interests in some way in Sunset Travel. I'm afraid your word has no logical credibility. The alternate evidence is overwhelming and far more believable. For every complaint reported there are many more not reported. This company is a shonk and good people pay for it.

• Su
      Mar 14, 2012

As the Manager of Sunset Travel. I am concerned (and somewhat saddened) to read such statements made on a website like this.

As a fully licensed Travel Agency, it's true that we must comply to the Australian Consumer Law in regards to how we sell our product (Flights and Accommodation) and deal with Complaints.

As a result of our Complete Compliance, we have a very good business relationship with the Justice Department (Office of Fair Trading, Consumer Affairs, ACCC) and its affiliates.

If you are outside your 10 day cooling off period and no longer want your package, under the Law Sunset Travel is not required to give you a refund, if it has complied to the Law.

It is considered a change of mind, under the Law.

If small businesses gave refunds to every purchaser that had a change of heart, it would cause small businesses to go under and with the loss of jobs, ruin the economy.

It is with this mind, that the Australian Consumer Law covers small businesses like Sunset Travel.

If you are inside your 10 day cooling off period and you no longer wish to purchase your package, then you are entitled to cancel by contacting Sunset Travel and going through the Complaints Department accordingly for a refund.

Whilst all individual situations are different, I am disappointed with those who have been denied under the Law (and by the Office of Fair Trading) have taken their concerns to a website like this, not only making derogative comments about our companies legitimacy, but libellous opinions about its employees and Management.

Please Note : Those comments that have been made from persons other then clients (ex employees, industry competitors) will be investigated and pursuant to legal action.

I recommend to each and every one of our clients who have concerns, to deal with those in the appropriate manner by contacting Sunset Travel and it's Management on [protected]@sunsettravel.com.au

We look forward to assisting you.

Manager.
    Sunset Travel.

• Om
      Mar 16, 2012

To the manager. Don't you realise that your clients have contacted your business many times and haven't received any logical and fair outcome. Fair Trading and comment pages like this is all that's left to share the emmence frustration that your clients feel. Going back to your company is a waste of time. Maybe instead of writing your defensive letters, you could spend some time on resolving the issues. And trying to shift fault by blaming competitors & ex employees shows an underlining guilt. Be professional...don't blame...resolve.

• Ba
      Mar 28, 2012

That's right you have enough time to hide behind bull ### and don;t take the time to talk to the customer only when it suits your company & your pocket so pull your bloody heads in & do something about it

• Da
      Jul 23, 2012

Mega Scam, they may book your hotels but you pay twice the amount for a hotel than another travel agent. Paying 150 a night extra for 7 nights doesn't make those flights cheap.

• Cc
      Jul 28, 2012

I agree this company is dodgy! We are in the process of making a formal complaint to consumer protection after we were given false information regarding their flight packages. We were certainly not given 'honest' information regarding the requirements that needed to be met to redeem the flights, something that breaches their refund policy. All attempts to come to a mutually agreeable arrangement were disregarded by sunset travel. They also did not advise us of the 10 day cooling off period which surely breaches some kind of legal requirement? Since we have made our numerous complaints, I have noticed sunset travel has removed their package information including the refund policy from their website. Guilty people?

• Co
      Aug 30, 2012

Hmmm I'm worried. I cautiously purchased a flight package in feb 12 and am currently looking to submit my booking form. I came across this site when searching their website to pick a resort. I was very skeptical when they called but after some checks were satisfied and purchased the package.
    Now I am worried coz so far sunset travel have been responsive and helpful but I don't want to impart more $$ when booking without being 100% confident in their legitimacy.
    Has anyone actually taken a holiday with them? Or lost money after booking etc?
    Should I cut my losses now at $230??

• Bl
      Sep 18, 2012

These guys rang me yesterday saying we were on a database from the co Tru Blue based in nerang. We were scammed last yr by these guys. My husband even went to their office in nerang after he wanted a face to face and thought ok we do it.
    Well the office is no longer there.
    Obviously when sunset travel rang to say they would honor this I thought great! But after reading all this it is just the same guys running it to get a second bite at us. Of course they look legit but when u go to book the accom of course it's too dear so u automatically can't use the flights as you'd be foolish to pay twice the price. These guys are nothing but ###

• Bl
      Sep 18, 2012

These guys are scam artists

• Ke
      Jul 25, 2013

Why do these people get away with these scams... My grandmother purchased 10 of these flights for her grand children to come home for Christmas last year ... All she got was a lonely Christmas with hardly enough money to feed herself.
    I have been trying to call these scammers. What a joke. Something has to be done.

• Ge
      Aug 02, 2013

We travel quite a bit and so I purchased a package from Sunset Travel. I bought on the premise that my friend had bought one too etc... The package arrived outside of the 'cooling off' period so there was no legal recourse to cancel payment. I did try to organise a holiday to Darwin using the package but it was double the cost of doing it myself. Anyway, I thought that if I don't use it then they won't get my money. Success! Sunset Travel has now gone into liquidation. There is no room for dodgy operators when there is so many good travel agents out there.

• Me
      Jun 21, 2014

Glad I done my research with this company. On there website it says no complaints. Thx folks.