Sunset Lakes Dental & Orthodontics Center / Dishonest practices

1 18431 Miramar ParkwayMiramar, FL, United States Review updated:

The Sunset Lakes Dental & Orthodontic Center is probably committing fraud against insurance companies and forcing its patients to pay co payments for costly treatments they never received. This dental clinic is located at 18431 Miramar Parkway, Miramar, FL 33029 (to the left of Publix). I was a victim of such scams. Dr. Dennis S. Sevel inflated the price 400% on a treatment they carried out on me.

I contacted my insurance and they called the clinic right away. The clinic explained the charges by adding procedures that I never received. Later I confronted the dental office and made them change the statement to reflect the only simple treatment they performed, but they did not change the dollar amount. I contacted my insurance again, and when they called the dental office for a second time looking for an explanation, the clinic put them on hold and never picked up the phone again. The whole case is now under investigation.

The main purpose of this post is to warn neighbors of West Miramar and current patients of Sunset Lakes Dental about the dishonesty of this clinic's dentists and the complicity of its staff. When I confronted them with questions about my charges they looked very nervous, as if they were hiding a serious crime. If you are thinking about becoming a patient of this dental practice, I strongly recommend that you steer away from them. If you already received treatments there and it is not too late, verify your bill and inform your insurance company or the fraud bureau of the state of Florida if the bills are forged. It is this disturbing number of deceitful dentists, that capitalize on the ignorance of their trusting patients, what causes dental premiums to rise, not to mention the damage they cause to the reputation of the majority of ethical professionals who provide their patients competent treatment.

Va

Comments

• Dr
      14th of Dec, 2008

This is simply ABSURD. I'm Dr. Fendrich of Sunset Lakes Dental and I have never, and I repeat NEVER, had such an outrageous charge leveled against our doctors, our staff and our practice. As all our patients know, we are a full-service dental and orthodontic practice with 6 dentists treating people from all over Miramar, Pembroke Pines and Weston with high-quality care at affordable prices.

FIRST and foremost, WE DO NOT HAVE A PATIENT NAMED "Rick Burghdorf" listed anywhere on our computer records or in our actual patient files. So I don't know who this person is, but that's not their name and if they are so bold as to make such an outrageous accusation against our caring and dedicated dentists and staff, the individual should at least be able to use their real name.

SECOND, WE ARE UNDER NO INVESTIGATION by any insurance company and have NEVER ever been under any type of investigation by either an insurance carrier or any professional regulatory group (i.e- Department of Professional Regulation, Florida Dental Association, etc.).

THIRD, if we ever happen to mischarge someone, which potentially could happen in any dental office, but RARELY- IF EVER- happens in ours, THAT IS NOT INSURANCE FRAUD. That's called an HONEST MISTAKE and if that should ever happen we would gladly provide an immediate refund to any affected patient.

FOURTH, we highly encourage all of our patients to understand their insurance benefits and to take advantage of those benefits.

For over 8 years we have served the people of Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Weston and others with the utmost care and respect.

I HIGHLY encourage anyone who reads "Rick's" lies to come to our office and see for yourself what quality dental care is all about

THANK YOU for your support and we look forward to helping you with any of your dental, orthodontic and oral health care needs.

Dr. L. Fendrich for Sunset Lakes Dental and Orthodontic Center.

• Mi
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I know Dr. Fendrich on a professional level and this complaint is utterly bogus. Anyone that would use this website to post an anonymous complaint, obviously has some hidden agenda and zero credibility. I work with HUNDREDS of dental professionals and I can tell you that Dr. Fendrich is VERY careful about his associations and he, his partners and their staff are among the most professional in the dental industry. I would give NO WEIGHT to this complaint. Make an appointment, visit them and find out for yourself instead. -Michael Arredondo, MicroDental Laboratories

• Ka
      5th of Jul, 2010

I was planning on making an appt with this office (sunset lakes dental) and now I am scared. Please if anyone has any other complaints please inform me before I make an appt: My email is rkmrestrada@hotmail.com

Thanks,