Sunset Group Fishermen's Village / They lied to us twice!

My husband and I contracted to purchase a unit only if we could sell the timeshare we were staying in at the Mayan Palace.
The sales person insisted he could help with this and we could use the proceeds to pay for a unit at the Fisherman. They agreed to take the Mayan for Tax rebate and return it to us to sale with vacationweeks.com. Helen Mosello for a fee of $529. Four days later we decided to cancel the conract. We went back to the Fisherman and was told we could not cancel because our Mayan Palace had already been use by them for tax purposes. Helen Mosello is not available only the answering service. We are currently out of $6500 with $15695 due. They lied to use twice. I want this contract cancelled and all monies returned. I tried to cancel in the legal time frame.

Va

Comments

Go
  30th of Jun, 2009

Hi Diane and Cristine,
We would really appreciate if you give us the opportunity to contact you and clarify your issues with our firm, as the personnel for Gonzalez & Gonzalez is highly trained and supervised; and we can assure you that none of our customers have been attacked in any way.
Looking through the files and data base of our company we do not show any record under the name of ¨Diane Jersey¨ and/or ¨Cristine ----¨, who are the people complaining and defaming against the firm.
After 15 years of experience we knew some day this will happen, being conscious of this we back up ourselves by recording every incoming and outgoing telephone call.
In case of the existence of a recorded conversation with you under another name, we would like to expose it to the internet community to prove the opposite of the complaints made on June 30th against Gonzalez & Gonzalez to discard the fact that the post was exposed by our competitors or from the timeshare developers full of frustration by our advocacy and success on the resolution of the cases handled at Gonzalez & Gonzalez.
Also, Gonzalez and Gonzalez has never charged such exaggerated retainer fees, we have a long list of satisfied customers who support our firm, with identifications to validate their existence and able to show their satisfaction by the success in the resolution of their cases.
Gonzalez & Gonzalez counts with ample evidence, to show the Internet community and guarantee that there is no existence of this type of situation in our firm.
Respectfully,
Jose Gonzalez

Br
  16th of Dec, 2013

I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back

De
  17th of Mar, 2017

I also had a horrible experience with them. I've purchased my timeshare 3 years ago, and it's been impossible to get out. I was pressured to sign a contract,
and i was also scammed, they never did what they promised. We must do whatever it's in our hands to put finish to those thieves!!!
I was looking for some information about this resort and all their scam tactics, and i've found these articles that have a lot of info
about them, take a look: