Sunrise Lights / Scam

I placed an order with company on 8-24-06 for yard outside lights. Company sent me items that were not ordered and charged my CC without my permission. I contacted company and was told they would not have black items until Oct-06.(all info is copied in emails). I asked why these items in copper were sent when I did not order them. No response. (for info, the “mail order rule of the FTC may have been violated in this instance and has been reported). They gave me a return number #rga7654-mh of which I sent back on 9-15-06 and was signed as received by Hanna at company. They said they would credit my CC but this never happened. Am exp stopped dealing with them so they said they would send me a check. This has been going on for 4.5 months. The BBB of their area ( www.labbb.org) has had numerous complaints of this nature on this company. The last email I received from this company on 1-19-07 said: “OH I WILL GLADLY SPEND WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR NOT HAPPY!!!” As said, all correspondence has been documented as I continue to request funds and return postage as promised.

Re

Comments

• Jc
      19th of May, 2009

We purchased several items from SoCal Lighting April 2009 and will never buy from So Cal again. My goal in life now is to expose them publicly. The depiction they represent is far from honest. My order was missing items and the items that did arrive were not USA made as advertised. And they would not take my claim on the phone or Email!
    This is how So Cal Lights replied to me in their emails:“YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR TRYING TO STEAL FROM US”. And because I stopped taking their calls (as I was tired of the insults) they also emailed me:“ YOUR NOT A MAN…BE A MAN PICK UP OUR CALLS”
    Below is a break down of the events.
    Length of Time—3 weeks for 6 light fixtures;
    Order was placed on April 15th 2009 early AM. I received it May 1st 2009! That’s 16 days after I placed the order and they are located only 4 hours away from me.
    After I did a Google earth I realized that Socal Lights is nothing but a small rented office with a warehouse not much larger than a 2 car garage. They are not a factory or large corporation, a far cry from how they represent themselves on their web site. They are obviously drop shippers.

Misleading and False advertising on Socal Lights Web site:
    And on their web site the clearly note that ALL of their brass and copper items are USA made. Well the items I received were brass and copper and they were NOT USA made. When I noted this in my email/claim, the reply was “your right and we should change that to MOST of our items are USA made”. I replied that would not be acceptable or honest as the word “most” does NOT tell the public “WHICH” specific items are USA made.
    They also post that they are #rated by some contractors digest. Well I checked this out and found no such place exists to provide a rating. And the BBB (better business bureau) verified this as well (see below).
    They also display a large banner making you believe they have 20 years experience.
    They have only been open since April 2004!
    And based on the BBB records and after speaking with Mr. Mitchell (the president of the BBB southern California branch) we concluded that there is no way that any one at So Cal could have 20 years experience.
    The Better Business Bureau
    When I checked out SoCal Lighting with the BBB I noted that not only was BBB after them but so were several other government agencies. And the BBB provides the real information on ownership. So Cal lights web site posts phony owners name. The BBB also identified them under two company names. Apparently they are also a company called Sunrise Lights which has an established bad reputation. Hence the attempted name change to Socal. But the BBB caught that and exposed that as well.
    Here is what the BBB also notes about So Cal Lighting:
    “On March 27, 2009, we wrote to this company asking them to substantiate their claim that they are rated number one. We are requesting the company to provide the specific publication where they bestowed this rating on him, provide the circulation of the publication, and explain in detail the criteria that was used to designate his company as number one. We asked the company to contact our office within the next ten days. The company responded to our request by stating they will provide a copy of the publication in May 2009. We will await the publication. This company is not a member of the Better Business Bureau. The company continues to misuse the Bureau's name and/or logo improperly and without permission. The company has been notified to remove all references to the Better Business Bureau's name, logo, and/or initials.”
    They would NOT take our claim on the phone or via email:
    When we purchased no where did it say should we have a claim we would need a fax. And since we did NOT need a fax when we bought it only makes sense that we would NOT need one if we had a claim. When I explained that I did not have a fax, the unidentified person who refused to give his or her name replied that’s our policy. They would NOT even take my claim VIA email!

• Ga
      12th of Apr, 2010

Sunrise lighting changed their name to So Cal Lighting and is also known as SoCal Lighting. They also change the owner's names around go check other owners on the LA BBB. Their verbal insults are intolerable and they do not seem to stop when it becomes electronic communication. Sadly, one of the "remedies" VISA wants is for me to "call them".

Well, no more "he said this, no he said that. Plus when I see you are all waiting for your money, I do not intend to send anything back first. They are still the same company as of April 2010, just different family and friends as owners. The lack any regard for professionalism and seem to enjoy creating hardships.

Gary Fuller

• Ih
      7th of Feb, 2016

They have changed their name again, look up coast to coast lighting in the Westminster Calif area (southern calif). Buyers beware, they are true scam artist and change their business name with tremendous regularity.