Sunoco/a Plus / child working

On 8/22 I visited a Sunoco gas station. I went into the station to pay by credit card. Behind the counter was a clerk, who was busy sorting reciepts, and a girl approx. ten years old. I presented my card and was surprised when the child took my card and preceeded to run the transaction thru the credit card machine. To add insult to injury, she made a mistake, and at that point the clerk interviened. It took her 10 minutes to rectify the problem. In the meantime the child continued to wait on customers. The clerk did not seem concerned in the least that this child was doing the transactions. I did not say anything to the clerk not wanting to upset the child Is it Sunoco's practice to emply children? Sunoco A-Plus 527 Southwest cutoff, Worcester Mass. Time 10:50 am Merchant #H[protected] Trans. 08262 Approval 022429 Trans ID 274406

Me

Comments

Do
  12th of Sep, 2008

I just wittnessed a Citgo Tanker filling the tanks at a Sunoco Station. Is this normal? I thought Sunoco gas was a better grade than Citgo. Is this legal?

Do
  12th of Sep, 2008

I took pictures with my camera phone. I am going to try sending them to Sunoco. They probably couldn't care less.

La
  17th of Sep, 2008

Good Day,

I agree and also have a complaint to file myself, using this forum because I can not find a separate complaint link.

I have been a Sonoco customer for the pass ten years. I do not drive but I buy coffee and other food stuff. There is a clerk at Sonoco #7550 ( merchant #h336420050001 ) who exhibits a negative attitude toward some customers. I stood back and watched her cheerfully greet mainly white customers with "have a nice day" while treating black males with indifferance and thinly vailed hostility. This person works the morning weekday shift. I am 56 years old and will not put up with this kind of foolishness. There are too many places to spend my money very close by. However I must say the rest of the employees are fantastic and treat and greet everyone the same.

J9
  18th of Jun, 2009

my complaint is i got gas at 4am station #7474 in eastlake ohio vine street 44095. i used my debit card at the pump put my pin # in. pumped my gas and went home. got home and i went on line to check my bank balance. here sunoco debited my account for the amount i debited twice!!! i called to speak to manager and guess what not their pboblem. the manager told me she had no way of checking the records of customers!!! WHAT? how do they keep track of business. i called my bank they can file a charge of fraud but that means cancelling my debit card and waiting for a new one or i can go back to the station and try to get them to reverse the charges. i think my chances of getting sunoco to reverse charges are slim to none. it may be worth it to file a fraud charge and wait for a new debit card. thanks for listening. j.n. eastlake ohio former sunoco customer.

Ho
  9th of Sep, 2009

I've also noticed a young girl running around and pumping gas at a gas station on the New Jersey Turnpike in Woodbridge. I stop there daily and seen it often, she had to be at least 10 years and looked very scrawny and unkept, I felt sorry for the poor girl! One day I did ask the worker who the girl was and if it's okay for her to be running around a parking lot frequented by many truckers, I was coldly told to mind my own business. I drove to the side of the station and went inside asking who the manager was and was told that the guy named BJ that punped my gas was the store manager. When I went home I called in a complaint about the man, and also called The Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS) and the labor board to see exactly what was going on there and suggest others do the same. Many may believe I done the wrong thing but I done it for the young girl, having a young daughter myself I don't see how any parent could allow their child to use a heavily populated truck stop as a playground. Soon after I seen the girl no long there and the manager gone too, I just hope they just didn't ship them off to another station.

Us
  16th of Feb, 2010

I recently went out of my way to buy Sunoco gas (as I asways considered it Premium gas) on 2/14/10. The store location was 5420 Rte. 38 West Pennsauken, NJ 08109. I decided to pay in cash and presented $40 to the clerk and told him I wanted $30. He came back to verify that it was $30 and my wife restated it as well. He started pumping gas and the next thing I noticed he was at $32! I told him to stop and he continued to pump to $33. He definitely knew what the English word "stop" meant but continued to round to the next higher dollar. So much for the excuse of not knowing English! He was either Arab or Indian descent and spoke with a heavy accent. (I guess this was another job we had to recruit overseas for as no Americans could be found who are competent enough to pump gas!)

The pumper came back to the car with only $7 in change. I proceeded to argue the case that it was his fault that he did not stop the pump. Needless to say, there was no owner or manager available and everyone's name seemed to be Singh.

If this occurs several times a day. They can rack up a sizable profit margin on THEFT in the course of a year. I explained this to Sunoco HQ and no awaiting an answer. By the way, a police report was filed on the spot.

Be
Watson's Sunoco Service Station/gas Station - Customer Service
Watson's Sunoco
Bensalem
Phone: 3611 Hulmeville Rd
watsonsunoco.com

This station should be on the worst gas station list... My car broke down at the gas pump at 4:10pm thursday afternoon, head mechanic and the gas attendant were in the garage and saw my car smoking thru the hood and they just walked away. My husband came and asked to speak with the Mechanic and the gas attendant said, "oh he is done for today." All the bays were opened and he was in the shop tinkering around. All the car needed was a clamp and they couldn't help out. It gets worse, this little elderly woman drives in with a flat as I sit there waiting for the tow truck and they told her they couldn't do anything till tomorrow, my husband told the woman he would jack her car up and place her spare on if she wanted but she decided to walk home and leave the car. I will never go to that station again. The gas attendant was the most pathetic person I have ever come across in the customer service world. I should hope his mother, sister and daughter get better treatment from the world of customer service cause no one should ever be treated the way I was treated today. I will be writing to the owner as well and Mr. Gas Attendant told me the owner would be there tomorrow, I will call until I speak with him. Horrible experience.

Ga
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

The mechanic was done for the day. When you open your own service station you can mandate the work hours.

Li

yep he was done

Li

horrable

Sa
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

Sorry for you, very bad experience

Jo
  8th of Jun, 2014

6-8-2014 Customer Action Complaint-Towards Ian Borelli Jonathan Demers
Assistant Manager at
150 Pelham Street Methuen, MA 01844

To the Board of complaints concerning sunoco leadership accusations. My name is Jonathan Demers A concerned customer, who has deep concern towards Mr. Ian Borellis Leadership skills. Qouate I am a privately contracted Federal Employee for the Internal Revenue and am not a vaigrant.
Over the years I have been a conveniently well satisfied customer As far as shopping go's. But what Ive seen as a customer is sick. I am typing to tell you that I have been witnessing Mr. Borelli on numerous occasions Talk viciously towards people in ways that are cruel manored.
The only way I have factored this, is thrue various customers that have told me information on this subject. From what I witnessed All I can tell you is Mr. Borelli has been on numerous occasions been encouraging vagrancy towards the homless, not to mention playing sick minded games with Two individuals that are on sunoco police file. Such as first names like Bill and Ralph.
Mr. Borelli has been encouraging these people the customers to befreind them and has various ways of saying nasty jokes to me about them. As a former security officer, I am shocked in what I see in this mans leadership skills. At the station itself in my mind the homless are not people to be situated with in any such manner.
Playing im your freind but not really does not cut it when it comes to the homless. A few things come into situation such as if Mr. Borelli can play sick games with vagrancy like that what is he capable of next. I am a person that shops there due to the hours and the whole point is of this document is to let people know I dont want any more homless people being talked down about or hirt.
sincerly a loyal customer to the convienent location of your store Jonathan Demers.

witnesses:Customer Jonathan Demers

:Employees 2 please contact me at Thanks!!!

Wo
  17th of Feb, 2016

I brought a pack of cigarettes from Sunoco gas station and they are extremely stale and dry.
I asked for a refund for the exchange of the cigarettes I had in my hand that was sold to me.
The Sunoco employee and manager refused my request. They claimed it wasn't their fault the cigarettes was stale. It was The Newport company fault.
I truly believe it is That Sunoco store fault selling cigarettes that sit on their shelves too long

Wo
  17th of Feb, 2016

I just want a refund for the cigarettes I brought that was extremely stale.

Mi
  13th of Jul, 2016

Corporate has been allegedly sending copies of my grievances against the district manager (Tom), store managers (Rita & Rick), legal department (Micheko) and cashier (Vallerie) since October 2012, and allegedly trying to resolve my sexual harassment
physical abuse and illegal clocking in and out accusations since June 2012.
If I am dealing with a copy cat Penn State cover-up situation just let me know.
Store #7144

Mi
Sunoco - suppressed grievances
sunoco
195 n. craig street
Pittsburgh
Phone: 412-687-5447

I am still waiting for my suppressed grievances against the district manager Tom, store managers Rita & Rick, cashier Vallerie and legal advisor Micheko. The Sunoco employee compliance hotline workers have been telling me it will be here shortly since October 2012. If this is a copy-cat Penn State cover-up situation just let me know.
former employee store #7144

Sy
Sunoco A Plus - cashier using a bad language
sunoco a plus
Homestead
Pennsylvania

i went store i was fill up gas and front of sunoco gas truck came out and cashier come out side and he using a bad Language .i m cab driver no one never talk to me like that we give you business you guys should talk to us nicely

Ga
Sunoco Gas - personality
SUNOCO gas station
1455 s byrne road
Toledo
Ohio

Today 11-18-2010, i went to this station to purchase something when personal said " a complaint" had been filed on me< the customer over a hug and a kiss at the pump. HER "client tell" was offended...i suggest this station needs new employees. How dare she? Then she tells the story to another co-worker with a customer in the store and making me look like a tramp. Since when is that acceptable? The hug and kiss happened 2 months ago.

Je
Sunoco /main St. In Sellingsgrove,pa - ignorant cashier
sunoco
main st.
sellingsgrove
Phone: ?

my nephew went in 2 purchase ciggs but did not have his id. he was turned down which was not a problem. but i (50 yrs old) go into buy my own ciggs & i was refused service because my nephew was across the street at his house? we all smoke the same brand newport 100 box-ive smoked for 40 years, since i was 9 & ur gonna tell me i cant purchase ciggs? the funny part was my nephew went down the street & purchased his own(he is 22 yrs old) but i was still not allowed 2 purchase ciggs & i had the cops called on me! then the cop was a jerk because i told the cashier off!? who is any one 2 tell me i cant purchase ciggs? this is the us last timne i checked not russia!!! its bad enough they can tell u where u can smoke now but 2 tell u that u cant buy ciggs because ur nephew was there before u? so i had 2 go bum 1 from my nephew till i could get 2 the other store he went 2!!! that is messed up-for real!!!

Sa
Sunoco Gasoline Pumping Station - Bad system
Sunoco Gasoline Pumping Station

Sunoco Gasoline Pumping Station are scamming people. They prices written on their tabloids are not true. I discovered that their sensors are installed incorrect. When I came to their manager she told that they will repair the system. Bu I am sure it was not mistake. They did it on purpose.