Sunl Group / Poor quality product

My son purchased a 110cc dirt bike from a distributor in WI with his own hard earned money on 7-4/06. He was told that this was a high quality product built and designed after Honda.

Well let me tell you this is not true. We have had nothing but problems since this bike was purchased. After only driving this dirt bike 8 times, the frame broke and luckily he was not badly injured. We have sent many hours and a great deal of money on repairing this bike.

The worst now is the dealer will not stand behind this product and repair or assist in getting this bike issue resolved.

Comments

• Co
      22nd of Jun, 2007

SUNL (or as we call em in the industry... TRASHL) is just a middleman importer. They buy the cheapest junk available in China, import it into the USA, and sell it for a great profit. They do not care about post sale support, or customer satisfaction. They only care about making a profit and emptying mass containers of this garbage. Parts will be hard to get, SUNL simply does not want to deal with providing parts. Forget about any kind of warranty, it's just a sales tactic to get you to buy. They can only get away with selling this junk online and thru EBAY. I recommend that people completely avoid ANYTHING sold by SUNL. It's low quality defective and dangerous GARBAGE!!!

• He
      18th of Jul, 2007

Sunl is one of the best recreation bikes among chines brands. They care about their customers. If you purchased the real sunl bike, and are able to show the purchasing invoice , you definitely get what sunl promises on its warranty. But if what u bought is fake sunl , or from unlicensed dealers, nobody can help you.

• Su
      19th of Jul, 2007

SUNNY is an employee of SUNL Group China. Sunny is doing damage control. Now Sunny, just what is a "fake" SUNL? Aren't all SUNL products fake? The real truth is 1) SUNL products are poorly manufactured with inferior materials and are the lowest quality on the market, 2) SUNL warranties are a completely useless, 3) SUNL products are extremely hard to get parts for and any kind of post sale support is non-existant. Folks, this stuff is JUNK. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

• Ki
      21st of Oct, 2007

I don't know too much about the parts situation yet but I'm sure finding parts from the people you purchase the quad from will be fine. Either from Sunl or Raceway you'll be able to get the parts you needs if anything brakes. I do recommend 'stocking' up on a few critical parts now though so in case they are hard to come by later you'll have them on hand (Carbs, CDI, Tires, etc).

• Ki
      21st of Oct, 2007

My quad is yellow Sunl sla-250, single cylinder, 4 stroke, electric starting, drum brake, max loading 330, max speed 37. I got it from my friend as a gift for my birthday last Nov., after almost a year's hard driving, i think it is ok for me , a atv rookie.

21st of Oct, 2007

I own a Sunl SLD220, so far so good.

29th of Dec, 2007

I recently bought 3 SLA 135's from atvdiscounters in Tx. The battery is trash but the bikes themselves are
    everything they said they would be. I have yet to call them for an answer and always get a real person(even the tech staff on Sunday Dec 23 at 8:00 est !) As many of these bikes that are sold there are going to be lemons so stop your whinning and fix your bike!!!!

• Pa
      21st of Aug, 2008

I bought A sunl 135 for my son this spring and I cant belive how good it has held up.Concidering it cost about A third of a honda.My son is very hard on it and so far its held up good.

9th of Nov, 2010

i oown a sunl scooter and it works fine.i run the hell out of it and have few problems at all.a vavle adjustment is the only thing ive really had to do.maybe they should just stick to makein scooters.