Sundance Vacations3-day cruise

Thank you, Nick, for your post. I checked my voice mail over my lunch hour today and got a message from "Isabelle" saying that she had wonderful news for me regarding a contest entry I filled out at a recent baseball game I attended in Milwaukee. (Actually, I should probably complain to the Milwaukee Brewers, too, for allowing this sweepstakes to be distributed in their stadium...) She said she'd be available until 9pm tonight. I called right away, entered her extension, but only got a general operator. I asked for Isabelle at her extension but got some man. After giving him my phone number and name he said something to me about the entry I had filled out. Honest to god I couldn't understand a word he said! He spoke so fast, I kept saying, "Wait, I don't understand. What did you say?" He kept repeating himself but I said I couldn't understand him.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Milwaukee, WI He said "Is your connection breaking up?' And I replied, "No, I just can't understand your voice, you are speaking too fast" Finally, exasperated (and being the cynical person I am "winning" anything) I just asked, "Did I win something or not?" He said I had to attend a 1-hour presentation and then I would obtain a voucher for 3-day cruise. I asked him if he could mail me something so I could read things over. He just referred me to Sundance website. He was really rude, unhelpful, never bothered to slow down his speech so that I could decipher his words.
So, forget it. Some other poor schmuck can sit through some god-awful, high-pressure sales pitch (and in these tough economic times, you'd think Sundance would get a clue that most people will not or cannot fork over $15, 000 in one fell swoop) Sundance Vacations, and other corporate shysters, if you are not going to award me a prize (cash, cruise, vacation, etc, ) for picking my entry out of a hat, then don't contact me. It's just so annoying and all the more confirms my instinct to never fill-out "contest entries". I just was having such a good time that evening at the Brewers game, had only been to one ball game before, and thought, "hey, I'll fill this out, what the heck?"
Well, folks, don't do it, and definitely it sounds like people should NOT attend these "presentations" according to Nick's post.
Inga
(Milwaukee, WI)

Comments

• Ji
      Sep 02, 2009

I have the same situation going on right now. I went to the Brewers game in July and entered to win tickets to the World Series. What I got was a call from Sundance Vacations telling me I won a 4 day/3 night cruise to the Bahamas (or was it the Caribbean?). Anyway, he said my husband and I just needed to attend a 1 hour presentation at the Sundance Vacations office in Brookfield and then would receive the vouchers. And, if we went in by the end of this week, the airfare would be paid for. All we would have to pay is for the taxes and spending money on the cruise.

After much research, I found Sundance Vacations is a "vacation sales club" that sells vacations in bulk for discounted prices. I've read that the "presentation" is actually a high pressure sales pitch to by a bunch of vacations. Who wants to buy a boatload of vacations? Do we all have such an incredible amount of time off that we can do this?

Thanks to everyone on this board who shared their stories. My husband and I will not be attending the presentation.
    Jill
    Wisconsin

• Bi
      Sep 09, 2009

Thank you Jill and to others that have posted on this site. I too, attended a brewer dodgers game this year (2009) and I filled out a form for what I thought was a chance to win world series tickets. WRONG! I received a call from a sundance representative explaining that I have been chosen to come to the city of Brookfield for a chance to receive a free trip. Thanks to all of you...I WONT BE ATTENDING TONIGHT'S MEETING!

• Ce
      Nov 23, 2009

Did any of you people ever try just going, listening to the pitch and just saying "NO"!!...?? Because if you took the time out to do so, you'd be relaxing on your 4 day /3 night cruise for a measly $300 (airfare included). I tried it and I loved it...so so happy I didn't take advice from you guys that are succumb to crumble from peer pressure...lmao!

• Na
      Jan 23, 2010

I atttended a presentation today, and politely declined the vacation plan, even though 3 different guys tried to convince me to go for it. Didn't like the gotta-buy-it-today-special offer. If it's that good, why can't I come back for it in a week or a month?
    However, did get the certificate for the cruise, but haven't implemented anything yet. I've read some of the complaints about the cruise offer, and most are for Spirit Incentives more than Sundance. Don't know if it's legit or not, but I'll give them a call next week and find out what's up. Sundance does tell you that you will have to pay some fees for the cruise, so I know it's not 100% free (but what is?).

• Ai
      Apr 02, 2010

Just got off the phone with "Tonya" from Sundance in Brookfield, WI All of these stories I'm reading sound exactly like my experience. I got the voicemail to call "Kaitlin" (I think? Couldn't understand her, even though I listened 3 times) Filled out a form at Bucks/Heat game last Friday Spoke with "Tonya" Was pleasant & congratulatory Ran down the schpeel Offered times to come to office "tonight" or "tomorrow" Tomorrow's hours were one hour apart "No obligation to accept the 3-day Bahamas cruise" Would even leave with $1000 (really?) But she couldn't tell me what intersection on Bluemound Road the office is located (I do have the address) This trip is good for 1 year & I have a confirmation number :) Oh, bring a friend/family member with A good friend of mine always told me to "go with your first mind" & it's SCREAMIN' "STAY HOME!"

• Te
      Apr 06, 2010

So did anyone ever use their "Free Bahama Cruise" after all???? we did go to presentation & survived through it, now we are not sure if we should use their free cruise or not???
    thanks
    Tessa

Jun 04, 2010

Hello everyone, I won one of the 3 nigth cruise packages to the Bahamas at a Cubs game over the weekend. I am skeptical. Can someone please tell me if they actually ever went on the cruise or not? Thank you!

Jun 09, 2010

Hi I won the cruise las week at the cubs game too, I thought I was lucky but seems like its completly the opposite. they keep calling me to set a metting but is an hour away from my house and I don't wanna drive all the way and waste my time... Obviosly the person that wrote about her amazing experience at the cruise is somebody that works there. Today they called me and I told them abou what I red here and they got all nervous and defenseve claiming that I should look up their actual website instead of this...still don't know what to do...did somebody go to the [censored]ing cruise??????????????

• He
      Jun 29, 2010

I am going to this presentation on Friday night. Many people have said that they push you. I will not be buying anything! I cannot afford to, as most people. I too am going to Brookfield...I live in Beloit and my husband filled out a entry form at the Snappers game. This board scares me, but I think I will still go...just to see. What do I have to lose...just gas money, right? I too want to know if anyone has gone on this cruise.