Sun Tan City / not returning money

2232 Winterberry Drive apt B, Lexington, KY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 859-684-9769

I quit Tanning at Sun tan city at the end of February 2012, after numerous things always being explained to me incorrectly and my credit card having random charges on their from sun tan city. So the day i decided not to tan with them any more i contacted customer service that day and was informed that the credit i had on my account would be credited back to my card. I gave her my card information again just to make sure she had it and she informed me that the credit took 14 buisness days to credit back to my card and i agreed. By the end of March i still had not received a refund and called back to be told the infomration and refund request had never been put in. So she got all the information again and said that she would give it to her supervisor and see if their was anyway that they could speed the process up. I asked when i should anticipate the refund i was told no later than April 17, 2012, extremely frustrated i agreed. I called again on April 12th just to make sure that everything was still ok and in the works i was re-assured that my refund would be to me no later than April 17, 2012 and that my card would work just fine. On April 19, 2012 i had yet to receive my refund. Irrate and beyond irritated i called sun tan city and demanded to know what was going on. I was told by a represenative that answered that they were changing credit card machines and a check had been cut to me. All fine and great except for a recent move on my end and the postal service not getting my change of address entered correctly so none of my mail was coming to me. So now i am told that i have a check in the mail and no one bothered to tell me that the refund would not be hitting my card. At this point i demand to speak to her supervisor who infomrs me that they have to wait for the check to come back to them then they are going to take $25.00 out of my refund for a stop payment on the check and they cant put the money back on the card i gave them because it isnt connected to a bank institute. I explain to the supervisor that a check will not work for me i was told the money could be put on my card and thats how i would like the refund. Then her story changes and she doesnt even know if a check has been cut. I ask her to find out for me please and i agree to give her my chase card # for the refund to go to. She couldnt even tell me if a check had been cut she said it could be as early as tomorrow that i know if a check had been cut. I just cant beleive that no one can look and see if there is a check out there. At this point all i want is my money back on my card today. I feel as if i have waited more than an ample amount of time for them to refund my money and at this point i cant stand to deal with them anymore.

Comments

14th of Apr, 2013

My son belonged to Sun tan City in Chattanooga, TN while attending college. He became seriously ill and had to move back home to Knoxville. We (as his parents) tried to tie up all the lose ends of his business commitments. We recently found out from our credit union that Sun Tan City has been taking money out of his bank account for a year, when he didn't even live there and was not well enough to even use a tanning bed. When I realized it, I called customer service and was told they would refund all of his monthly charges from March 2012-March 2013. They wanted us to fax all the medical documentation as well as documents from his college indicating his withdraw was approved due to his serious illness. I was told to expect a check in 7-10 business days. When the check never arrived, I called to check and was told they decided not to approve it. I explained the situation and what I had been told by a customer service rep. several weeks ago. I was told that a supervisor would call me to review the request. No one has called and my son is still very ill, has thousands of dollars in medical bills and is being screwed out of $400 plus from Sun Tan City for paying for a service he was not physically able to use.

14th of Apr, 2013