sun direct dth / Highly diruptive service and false promises by SUN DIRECT Customer Care

1 Review updated:

Highly diruptive service and false promises by SUN DIRECT Customer Care
My SMART CARD # [protected].
I have been facing highly disruptive service for the past 1 month. When contacted Customer care they say it will take 48 hrs to solve. The problem has been occurring on a very high frequency.[Twice every week].
When asked for a permanent solution, they said they would send a technician to my home. SUN DIRECT customer care gave all sorts of false promises and false deadline about sending Technician. At last i managed to get a technician's number for my area and called him personally. The technician bluntly refused to come to my home as his area was different. This is what they call as SERVICE!!! and advertise as 5.8 million homes.

I have paid certain amount for validity and also for add on packs and I have not received their services.
I am planning to take them to consumer court as I have been highly frustrated or seeking refund of the amount that I paid for validity. Kindly give your inputs on this. I have the history of complaint numbers for tracking.

Regards,
Vinoth

Vi

More sun direct dth Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ba
      Nov 15, 2010

Highly diruptive service and false promises by SUN DIRECT Customer Care
    My SMART CARD # [protected] R.
    I have been facing highly disruptive service due to signal problem for the past 1 month. When I contacted local distributor on 14 Oct, to change the angle position of DTH, understood that he had no man power for servicing. When contacted Customer care on 25, 29 Oct and 05 10 Nov, for the same they say it will take two to three days to solve. The problem still not yet solved .
    When asked for solution, they said they would send a technician to my home. SUN DIRECT customer care gave all sorts of false promises and false deadline about sending Technician. This is what they call as SERVICE!!! and advertise as 6 million homes.
    I have paid certain amount for validity and also for add on pack of 'ZEE telugu ' and I have not received their services.
    Also I have been not received Radio / Music service since Six to Seven Months.
    Regards,
    BARLA APPA RAO

• Vi
      Apr 11, 2011

I made a same mistake by going to Sun Direct HD with one year subscription in advance...and have been suffering since last one year. For last three months i have not watched the channels altogether. The set top box has been replaced twice and the SMART CARD has been replaced once. I am still facing the same issue wherein now i get blue screen and distributor and customer care are least bothered to take up the issue.

• Vi
      Apr 11, 2011

Barla,
    Go for Tata Sky plus HD DVR. I have gone through the same pain since last three months with SUN DIRECT HD and did an extensive research on DTH especially Dish TV & Tata Sky. I met few distributors & retailers as well. The service of Tata Sky Plus seems to be better than all the other DTH.
    I will get to know once I install the Tata Sky DTH at home...which should happen in next 5 days as per their promise.