Sun Communities / excessive amount of water directly behind my house

1522 Highbank Drive, Conway, SC, United States Review updated:

My name is Anthony Maguire and I live at Lakeside Crossing in Conway, SC 29526 (Lot #434). I moved into my property on November 16, 2017, therefore have lived at my residence for 13 months. For some time now the back of my property has flooded each time it rains hard culminating with Hurricane Florence. However, recently it rained over the weekend and the area behind my property flooded terribly. My concern is the water is finding its way under my house and mold may be appearing. I've been told by Doug Emminger that Lakeside Crossing plans to fill in the land with dirt and trees. Unfortunately, a lot of time has passed and the flooding persists when it rains, not to mention potential mold formation under the house in the crawl space. Please address this issue immediately as I understand other neighbors are complaining about this issue as well. I can be reached at [protected]. As an fyi, I called your complaint line yesterday at 1:10pm, 12/17/18 and no one has returned my call at this time. If you want me to text you pictures of this flooding I can do so by texting the appropriate party. I think a drain has to be installed near the flooded area to move the water away from my home. I truly think Lakeside Crossing will have a major legal suit against it by the neighbors on Highbank Drive, affected by the recurring flooding, if some proactive solutions are not taken care of here in the very near future.

• Updated by Anthony Maguire, Dec 18, 2018

My name is Anthony Maguire and I live at Lakeside Crossing in Conway, SC 29526 (Lot #434). I moved into my property on November 16, 2017, therefore have lived at my residence for 13 months. For some time now the back of my property has flooded each time it rains hard culminating with Hurricane Florence. However, recently it rained over the weekend and the area behind my property flooded terribly. My concern is the water is finding its way under my house and mold may be appearing. I've been told by Doug Emminger that Lakeside Crossing plans to fill in the land with dirt and trees. Unfortunately, a lot of time has passed and the flooding persists when it rains, not to mention potential mold formation under the house in the crawl space. Please address this issue immediately as I understand other neighbors are complaining about this issue as well. I can be reached at 201-638-1922. As an fyi, I called your complaint line yesterday at 1:10pm, 12/17/18 and no one has returned my call at this time. If you want me to text you pictures of this flooding I can do so by texting the appropriate party. I think a drain has to be installed near the flooded area to move the water away from my home. I truly think Lakeside Crossing will have a major legal suit against it by the neighbors on Highbank Drive, affected by the recurring flooding, if some proactive solutions are not taken care of here in the very near future.

An
Dec 18, 2018

Comments

• Fo
      Dec 27, 2018

As a former manager, call the local health department and have pictures available in order to file the complain