Summit Toy / Bad service

My son was given a spray racer toy as a gift in April '08. After putting it together per the directions, the toy was a complete disappointment. The pump was defective, would not pump and so the toy would not work. Since it was a gift (and the only thing he asked for his birthday), we did not have the receipt, I contacted the company via email numerous times, only to be told they would get a new pump out to us right away. Its now September, and still nothing. The last response from them (July, after I emailed them) was that they were "waiting for pumps to arrive from Hong Kong". They have made zero attempts to follow up on this matter, and I am sure they are hoping I would just go away. I just don't want anyone to waste their money on their products when they don't stand behind what they import to sell. I believe they are just another importing business to make money off of the consumer. I just want to find ways to warn other families of this company and their products, money is too tight nowadays to waste, let alone disappoint your children. Just beware when you purchase a toy from Summit Toys!

Va

Comments

19th of Aug, 2012

I sent a check for butterflies on June 6-have not received them yet?
    Marian O'Brien
    1962 Alexander Dr.
    Troy MI 48083
    [protected]@me.com

• Nu
      6th of Sep, 2012

BAD SERVICE INDEED!!! I placed an order the last week of July of this year (2012) for the Extreme Suction Bug Vacuum as a birthday gift for my son. I received the item however the box was sealed all over in Red tape and the "Packing List Enclosed" bag on the side (which I assumed contained my invoice) was ripped open and empty. Could this have happened during shipping? Possibly but also the actual item did not include the extra catch & release capture core and extra nose cone for big bugs as stated on their website. Not to mention the "Extreme Suction vacuum" has very poor suction even at the highest setting! Needless to say, my son was not very happy nor were my husband and I. Prior to this purchase, I had even considered ordering the bug habitat and a few more bug vacuums for my son's friend and my nephew if my son and I were happy with the item and/or service but we were extremely disappointed with this order. I have emailed the company every week since receiving the item (as there is nothing but an email address and mailing address, no contact phone number listed - Red Flag) but NO response. Not even a kindly apology or attempt at an explanation. I stated in the email that I will continue to email them every week until I get some sort of reply and I intend to do so! I refuse to tolerate any type of service that results with the unhappiness of my children. Please take my advice and stay away from this company!!!