Summit Readers Alliance / Will not cancel subscription

Summit Readers Alliance
Great Falls
my husband agreed to subscribe for one year and has tried to cancel now for 1 year!! please DO NOT ORDER any magazines from this company. We have been charged $33/mo for over 2 years and we cannot get them to stop charging our bank account.

If anyone knows the best way to report abuse and taking advantage, please let us know.

L & D Reeves

Slipping by in Texas!!!

More Summit Readers Alliance Complaints & Reviews

Plus Summit Readers Alliance - council order [6]

A  2nd of Apr, 2009 by
I used to work for Summit, and I know what a load of crock that they try to sell is. The best way to get a stop to it i think is to write to the company. The address is 415 1st Ave. N. Great Falls, MT 59401.
A  2nd of Apr, 2009 by
Oh, and the number there is 1-406-452-2117
N  8th of May, 2009 by
yeah how ### is this they call me telling me my stuff is free for a year all i have to pay is 2 for the shipping. tell me why it went to 100 and now i cant get ahold of these people. the phone number has been disconnected. this is bull oh and to top it all off where r the magazines they told me i was getting.
N  14th of May, 2009 by
I just found out today when checking my bank statement that they took out 115.00 dollar check that I knew nothing about. I wish I had a phone number to contact them at and find out why the money was taken out.
A  12th of Oct, 2009 by
I am filing a complaint with The FTC...I advise that all of you do the same. WWW.FTC.GOV
N  22nd of Jul, 2010 by

Summit Readers Alliance - Can't stop the calls
Summit Reader's Alliance, or CRC of Montana
200 Southwick Rd. Apt 16
Phone: 413-572-0310

This company has hounded me for about 2years. I got a call offering me magazines, so I went with it and gave them my credic c. #. I later cancelled my card, but they continued calling me. Months and months later, I started getting 6-7 calls a day. My phone kept going off at work. When they would call, I told them to stop calling me, and that it was interfering with my job. They denied it was the same company that was calling, and told me they were putting me on the "do not call list". 2 hours later, I got ANOTHER call, with the same story. I then registered to the National Do Not Call List, and let them know that. They would hang up on me when I told them, but the calls lowered to about 2 or 3 a month. Now, I've received 2 calls in the past week. Now they say that the Magazine publishers have pre-paid my magazines, and that I would eventually have to pay for what I've been receiving. I DO NOT WANT THE MAGAZINES! I've told EVERY PERSON I HAVE TALKED TO. I have said "please". I have been stern. I have even raised my voice. They don't care. When I trace the phone numbers (which are always different), and they come up "unlisted" or fall under ridiculous names, like "Fritz and Fratz" I dont know what to do. I keep complaining to the NDNCL, but have gotten more calls. If this starts again, I don't know what I will do. Please help me. I have even blocked as many numbers as I would through my phone company, but it's no use since they are all different numbers. What else can I do???
N  1st of Nov, 2010 by
OMG! I just received a call from them on 10/23/2010 and they said I won a trip for two; I subscribed for two months and paid $39.95; I thought it was ligit; but I suppose I should have read yall post first; I'm nervous as hell now...so I take it they are not a legitimate company? What's the deal; me winning the trip for 2 was fake? Should I contact my credit card company then? This is scary!
A  5th of Oct, 2014 by
I have a free digital subscription that has been received for perhaps 6 months. Since, I got tired of all the unsolicited affiliates and numerous barrage of emails. I made three phone calls expressing my distaste of their services and lack of professionalism as well as 8 attempts on-line to stop. Nothing works. Absolutely the worst!
N  21st of Sep, 2016 by
Just received a phone call from a third collection agency, Interstate Recovery, working on the behalf of Summit Readers Alliance. They were claiming that I owe them $173.25 for magazines that I know I declined because I had the program before. The claimed that they would settle the account for $100 if I would consent to settling. Once I told them NO I AM NOT PAYING FOR ANY MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION supposedly since January 2011.

Fred, then proceeded to tell me that the call was being recorded and that I refused to make a restitution payment. THey also claimed that there was a recorded conversation with me accepting the subscription terms and conditions.

What recourse do I have to make sure these idiots stop harassing me?

'Vet Not Easily Frightened'