Summit Readers Alliance / council order

1 Great Falls Cascade, MT, United States Review updated:

My Name is Martin Nixon My E-mail martinlewisnixon@yahoo.com, My complaint is that this company
is charging my walmart prepaid visa 99.90 and i asked them to cancel this transaction. Is there anything you can do
about this?

More Summit Readers Alliance Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ca
      19th of Feb, 2009

you lied to me. how dare you people. i want my money back and i dont want these magazines.

• Pi
      25th of Apr, 2009

I filed with the BBB serving their area. For over a year they had been charging my account after I went through all the hoops to have it closed. They ignored everything. Finally, they called and I was threatened with collections. I called back irate and spoke to a supposed customer service manager who said not only was that employee being terminated, but had my account cancelled, all accounts zeroed, and but on a do not call list. The next day I received a call from the billing department from someone else asking me to pay my bill. IRate I spoke to a customer service manager again, who gave me a confirmation code number that my account had been cancelled and no more charges would be made. Two week s later, my card was charged. I have reported them to the better business bureau and am currently waiting for action to be resolved. This company is deplorable and has illegal and shady business practices.

• Li
      15th of May, 2009

great falls montana police department 406 771 1180

• Li
      15th of May, 2009

their charging me to they told me it would be 10$ a month not 99.90 so i called and tried to cancelle and they refused

• Mi
      2nd of Nov, 2009

i know what you're going through. When they called and asked me to open an account i told them i didn't read magazines so i didn't want it within a couple weeks a got a bill for the magazines. i disputted it and called them and am still in the same mess you're in anyone with any info feel free to e-mail me mindy_sue_08@yahoo.com

8th of Dec, 2011

Similar situation, my credit card company disputed the charges, I requested cancellation via certified return receipt mail. They told me I had two subscriptions with them and I could not cancel, they would reduce the amount and that one subscription was started in August 2010 and the other November 2010 (ludicrous). Summit Reader's Alliance continues to bill me now; turned over two months of billing to Empire Debt Collection for September and October billing (I rectified that issue); now the Summit Reader's Debt Collection is calling my job requesting that I pay; and trying to intimidate me and talk to me as if I am stupid, that I might have been when I made the mistake of giving them my credit card information and work telephone and cell. They continue to send out magazines even after writing to them and they insist I owe them money. If anyone made transactions through credit cards, get your credit card company to dispute but you'll have to ensure you take measures to request cancellation as I did. There's more to this nightmare than meets the eye.