Summer Winds Resort / harrassment

Branson, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 870-741-0724

I receive calls from this company constantly. I have asked to be removed from their call lists but continue to get calls. They call all hours of the day and night and I cannot manage to make them cease. I am hoping this is the next step.

Comments

• Ha
      Feb 18, 2011

We also feel ripped by Stormy Point in Branson. We were promised benefits during our sales pitch exactly like this one. I have called numerous times trying to book ANY time and they were always full. Finally they offered to rent me a cottage for $850 for a week, because someone had listed their property for rent. I can't believe that our legal community allows misreprestations like this fraud to go on unchecked. We are still trying to find someone who will confront them.

• Iw
      Mar 28, 2011

SLEAZEEEEEEEEEEEEE. They sucker you in with a "weekend package deal", while lying about how long their sales pitch will take which is long on sales pitch and all but totally bereft of useful information, and then pressure you into buying with their 'special deal' goo dfor this day only and steadfastly REFUSE to let you take the sales contract home for review by an attorney. RUN AWAY.

• Is
      Apr 12, 2011

To be fair, I haven't gotten calls... yet. We went to Branson last weekend for the first time and wandered into what we THOUGHT was a Branson Visitor's Center. Avoid them! They'll tell you that you can go see 2 shows for $20. Sounds great! Just before we left to get our vouchers, we were informed that we just had to "take a brief 90 minute tour of their vacation resort." She made it sound as if Branson owned a vacation resort and in order to keep people coming off season they give these tickets away very cheap and ask that you consider buying a vacation home there.

First, Summer Winds Resort will charge your debit card up front for the tickets. If you don't show up to the pitch, they keep the money. Show up, suffer through 90 minutes (it's more like 3 hours) and you get your money back. We did get our money back plus the tickets for the second show we were promised, but this is how the pitch goes:

You show up on time, sign in and sit a waiting room. Your agent comes out and brings you into a HUGE dining room and offers you soda, hot dogs, doughnuts, cookies and other treats. You sit while he/she 'gets to know you.' Remember that ALL questions and answers will be used against you later. They are cleverly designed to get you to sell yourself the vacation. After 20 minutes of meet and greet, he brings out a work book with more questions designed to make you start saying 'yes' throughout the interview. They pull on the emotions of not getting away every year, the exotic scenery and the gorgeous cabins. You totally forget that when it all comes down to it you are PAYING FOR ONE WEEK IN A BED!! You sit through a video, tour the property (which is absolutely gorgeous) and the head back to get down to numbers.

Here's what you need to keep in mind: You WILL pay $430 per year in maintenance fees. You will get a one week vacation. This does not include the cost of 'trading' your vacation location. The cost to purchase the vacation was just under $40, 000. Let's do some math...Remember! You get ONE WEEK of vacation (just the living quarters). Let's do the easy math: $430 per year for one week. Do you spend $430 per week on hotels? Okay, maybe you do. Let's move on. $40, 000 purchase price (it's not quite that high but they charge over 19% interest to finance your purchase). Will you vacation every year for the next 40 years? Will you spend $1000 per week in hotels? Now add the maintenance fee and you are going to spend $1500 per year for 1 week in a hotel. Okay, it's nicer than a hotel, but because you own the 'deed' with 51 other people, you have to deal with them being allowed to bring their pets, smoke and do God knows what in the property.

Once it's clear you are going to say no they bring in a manager who can "bring the price down." Once you say no again they bring in the saver to give you "rock bottom price." Say no again and your agent crosses his arms and pouts and won't speak to you again.

I will say that my time was worth the hot dog and 2 shows though!

Summer Winds resort isn't a scam. It's a really friggin' expensive hotel room for the rest of your life.

• Hc
      Dec 28, 2012

We also feel ripped off by this company. First we was told it would be 90 minute presentation and ended up being 4 1/2 hours. What a waste of time!! They continued to tell us about all the great deals they could offer for example, we are planning on going to Disney World, we could do this for $299 a week AND get up to half off of park tickets. LIE, LIE, LIE! You are very limited to your $299 a week vacations and can't see what is available in advance then they do NOT offer discounted prices for park admissions. Also, they told us about how they could always fly us way cheaper than anyone, then when I asked about it the customer service rep said "we don't offer discounted plane tickets". Wow what a surprise, another lie! I have received a few calls from them wanting more money, a lot of times i don't answer the phone but i have a couple of times and that is what they want. This was such a waste of our time and money!

• Di
      Mar 21, 2013

Re: Branson Stormy Point: Sales rep was friendly at first (supposedly ex-Marine) but he belittled us! lied to us, and doesn't know (or talks like he doesn't know) about what or who Summerwinds Company is really associated with or who he represents. He asked questions that later your answers will be used against you. He talked about lawsuit against Festiva & Summerwinds taking over their operation, but I found Festiva is still in existence. They will try to confuse you!! Beware! Do your homework!!!

• Fa
      Mar 27, 2013

Our company in existence however is no longer involved with management, sales, or other activities at Stormy Point Village. Summerwinds Resorts acquired our interest at Stormy Point in 2011. We apologize for your experience with Stormy Point Village and Summerwinds and recommend that you contact them directly with any issues regarding your presentation.

Jul 27, 2013

We actually traded in our TS from another firm that also wasn't exactly the best in keeping us informed (they said we could trade it down if we wished, but of course that was AFTER we had traded it). So far as Summer Winds goes they have a nice property there that I am uncertain they own or manage given the fact that we vacationed exchanging our Branson property to one in Kauii that they claim to own and manage. On arrival I asked/queried about that and the property is COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT of Summer Winds and the only reason we got the property is because they are in RCI. The property is in the Summer winds BOOK of properties they claim to OWN & MANAGE, FRAUD #1. Second issue with them is we were told we'd be vacationing every year than suddenly the paperwork all says every other year. Yeah they have this funky $299 week thing but good luck getting it. At least their share has some trade value in the various clubs, but I'd definitely steer clear of them if possible.

• As
      Jul 30, 2013

We were 2 weeks late in paying our monthly timeshare fees and they would not stop with the phone calls! We kindly and honestly explained to them our situation... we moved to another state and hadn't set up a new checking account yet. We told them we would have it set up and pay them as soon a possible. When they called us and we would explain this to them... they hung up on us at least 4 different occasions!! Very rude collections department!!

Jan 10, 2014

I only got to the first phone call and after talking to the sales rep. she put her boss on and the i explain I can't pay anything at all right now then she goes down to $49 then I say again I can't pay anything today she says ok bye and quickly hang up. I guess its save to say that I won't be in the drawing for the car or $10, 000.

• Sb
      Apr 22, 2014

Guest relations? This is a joke. Stormy Point of Branson MO is a true CON to the elderly. We attended a meeting with our parents and regretfully allowed them to fall into a trap from hell. If anyone is interested in investing please don't. Our parents were assured they would be given 2 yrs with no yearly main. fees and assistance in sell another timeshare if they upgraded. Only to learn the sales representative removed them from the yearly availability for a year. Now they are locked in without any available time.

Each person they have been able to connect with, submit ALL the paperwork too, then begin to work on the matter with "Suddenly" is no longer working there when they try to follow up with them,

The promised additions to the property, aka water play area, has not been completed over the course of the 5 years they have been in invested. However they are repeatedly told if they wish for their grandchildren to be able to enjoy it they have to upgrade. Upgrade for what? A pile of dirt moved each year?

Please think before investing as they will con, belittle, and flat out LIE to you.

• Un
      May 23, 2014

What a bunch of lies and deceit. We were told that we would have rooms beginning the next year (2013). We could never catch them when they had a vacancy. So, we called them to see if we could get rooms in 2014 and they told me that our rooms didn't start until 2015!! We are on a tri-annual agreement they said so we only get rooms every third year!! What??? I would NEVER have agreed to that!!! Ridiculous. They totally lied and deceived us and now we're stuck. I wish that I had NEVER hard of that place!!!

Jan 02, 2015

ALL I WILL SAY IS THEY TOLD US JUST LIKE THEY TOLD EVERYONE ELSE A BUNCH OF LIES LIES LIES. dON'T EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME SOMEONE NEEDS TO PUT A STOP TO THIS . HAS ANYONE SPOKEN TO A LAYER ABOUT THIS . IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT CAN BE DONE.

• Ke
      Feb 28, 2015

Summerwind resorts are con artists, they called me on the phone and offered me a free weekend package if I came up to listen to there sales pitch on time shares . I gave them all of my information over the phone they sent me a let of all the stuff that I would get, tickets to a show, two nights in a hotel, dinner at a restaurant, a card with spending money on it . So I loaded up my kids and drove 3 1/2 hours up to Branson . I get up there and filled out the paper work, and they tell me I don't qualify, because I don't make enough money. I told them I gave the lady on the phone took all my information before hand . They said they were sorry, and handed me a ticket for one night in the hotel . So it starts snowing like crazy, it snowed the entire day and all night . So we are stuck in Branson for entire weekend and I had to pay for every thing out of my own pocket . One of the worst times I have ever had, thanks to summer winds resorts, you ### ... P.s. If they ever call me again I will tell them exactly what I think of them ...

• Be
      Mar 09, 2015

I was called by a sales representative who offered me this one time exclusive sale pitch that I had to purchase then in order to receive the lowest rate. She told me that once it was paid I would receive a packet with more information and I could book the trip for whenever I wanted and if for some reason I couldn't keep the date I had to call 24hrs in advance which led me to believe I could get a refund if I canceled. She failed to mention that it was nonrefundable and that I had to make this trip. There is no way I would have agreed to pay for anything like this. I called the sales rep who transferred me the the manager who would not assist in doing this matter he just shoved me off to a person that was not there when the call was transferred. He then tells me that I need to write a letter explaining why I didn't want to take the trip and why I wanted my money back. I called him a thief and a liar with false representation. What's the point in having a Manager that can not or should I say would not assist in solving this matter. This company is a scam. They steal your money and tell lies. I'm yet to receive a phone call or faxed from this so called person. I wouldn't recommend that anyone should ever ever ever ever never never use this compsny. Thry talk to u as if you are dumb and stupid snd then they make suggestions to u on what you should do with your money as if it's their decision. But I should have known better this is my first arena last time ever doing business with a tend compsny like this. I hope the money was worth stealing ecsuse that's exact what they did. They kept money from a service thst was and will not be made.

• People post the most ridiculous post on here, because they do not get there way or just angry because they too dumb to figure out. Here is the deal. To one person that said, you cant book in. Here is a clue, try planning. Do you think if you wanted a hotel at Time Square for the Ball drop and try to get a hotel room, is it going to happen. NO... You have to plan/book for at least a year out. Depends on peek season and non peak season. I mean seriously people you claim to be educated, but under NO way is it the company fault that you can not figure something out on your own. So before you bash a company because of your poor lack of skills, try doing something for yourself and be proactive and not retroactive. I mean people you really cant be that stupid, RIGHT!!!

• Ki
      Aug 19, 2015

I have recently agreed to this package deal and so far it is a scam. Talk about planning ahead?? Well I am planning ahead... Hotel and show end of October is not peak season and so far all I have done is give them my credit card number twice! So here it is so far and I haven't even went on the trip yet... I get the call and take the offer for the Branson package 2 nights, $30 meal ticket, 2 show tickets 90 min Resort presentation and stay an extra night FREE of charge if you arrive on a Wed or Thurs. I pay the package fee right then with giving them my credit card # I get the envelope with the information in the mail, looks like good deal...I call back couple months later to ask and confirm questions I had, they answered my questions fine. I am told I can bring a guest couple on my package and they would get discount on hotel and would qualify for the free night too and discount show tickets and would not have to attend the sales presentation. I was told the guest price is $55-$75 each night. Some of the hotels are an upgrade fee additional -which I understand- and I was told it would be additional $55-$75 extra REALLY!? That's the price of the hotel reservation! The upgrade would be for hotels with indoor pools-I found out That's not true- So I tell my friends the deal and they want to join us. So I call the reservation line given for Summer Winds and give them the dates I want to attend and was asked to give 3 choices of hotels, I gave two of my choices and was asked for my credit card again for the guests room charges. they were charged $75 each night and did not qualify for a free night and don't know why someone would have told me that!! Well they DID tell me that when I called with questions previously! So I am told I will receive a confirmation in the mail. Confirmation for WHAT?? Where are we staying? Oh, they could not tell me that yet, BUT they took my credit card# for it! Hum? So I ask "Don't I make the sales presentation and show ticket reservation now?" I was told "You can if you want to" okay... So I did and am asked "Do you want to use the same credit card for your guest tickets?" ok Sure... So we finish the call. my phone rings right back to tell me the show we want is not available. REALLY?! But you verified the credit card payment for that didn't you!! I was frustrated before this point. I now ask "How soon do I need to let you know which show we now want to see?" I was told "Oh up to the day before you come" So what if the show is sold out? GEESH! We ended the call with them having my credit card payment three times and we don't even have reservations or know where we are staying? So I will update this after our stay in October

Nov 23, 2015

We rolled over to Summer Winds at Stormy Point in August of 2014 at the tune of $5, 000 to get out of Festiva Resorts. We were told that if you did not use your week for the year, your maintenance fee would be refunded, and also, if you wanted to sell your timeshare, they would help with that. Lies, lies, lies lies. We just got a bill for the 2016 maintenance fee. I called owner services at 417-332-3250 and was told that you have to "enroll" into the "maintenance refund program" in January to be eligible for the refund, AND they do NOT help you with selling the timeshare. I told the lady that my hemorrhoids were hanging to my knees from them screwing me so much and that I was sick, sick, sick of their lies. It is a shame that such liars and unscrupulous people run this place because it is a beautiful resort.

Nov 23, 2015

They want to sell you timeshares there for around $40, 000. I'll sell my 3 bedroom at Stormy Point for $28, 000.

• St
      Dec 15, 2015

We were "invited" to attend a "presentation" about Stormy Point in Branson and we would be provided $30 for a local restaurant, 3 nights accommodations at a local hotel (why not the resort?) then refunded $75 of the $139 we paid to reserve a space. Oh, a couple of show tickets and a pass to drive through the Christmas light display. Sadly, I didn't read the reviews about these guys until the night before the minimum of 90 minute presentation was to take place. I came out of there with the things we were promised but not before a real fight and avoidance of some typical hard pressing sales tactics taken from some of the oldest sales books written (yes I'm a salesperson). Here's what they will try and how to avoid it. First is the cattle call. Your all put in a big room to wait for your salesperson to greet you. I believe what is going on is while you wait, you are being paired up with a salesperson who they believe will be most effictive at selling you a very expensive vacation package. In my opinion, the asking price for their timeshare is insane. More on that in a minute. So the little old folks were paired with the nice young women. Me being 45 male, tall, stocky, and probably had the "I don't want to be here look" was paired with the fast talking used car salesman. We will call him J. So once J brought my wife and I into this huge room where there was dose a of small round tables with plenty of coffee, soft drinks, etc. Ince in the big room, they start offering you this stuff in order to get you comfortable. Then the million questions start. What do you do, how many kids, where do you like to go for fun, blah blah blah. What I did prior to this line of questioning was ask "how long does this take and when can I leave?" J looked a little surprised that I asked this since I guess they assume we knew it was 90 minutes. I then told J that I was not interested in a timeshare and that I was willing to listen since we already agreed to show up but that I didn't want to stay past the two hour mark. J seemed off his game a little but he also agreed to this. I would do this again if I ever do this again. It set the expectation that I wasn't going to fall for their shenanigans. The rest of the presentation consisted of what I call the "yes game". J kept asking questions that get you to say yes. Isn't the sky blue? Don't you like puppies? Wouldn't you like to vacation here? It's another old sales tactic so when the real expensive questions, you've been conditioned to say yes. It's slimy and ridiculous. So I watch out for that. The whole time I kept tight lipped. A lit of times I wouldn't even answer his questions because I knew what he was trying to do. Just left awkward silence. So we toured the resort (which was nice) but where everything went off the rails was when we came back to the big room for the numbers and "the close". Again, I expected this. So we sit with J again and he starts talking numbers. The thing that sent me from zero to pissed was when J called over his manager to work us up a deal. The deal was $25k over 4 years at 20% interest. J turns to his manager and says "once you make these folks a great deal they will be your next owners". I reminded them that I said I wasn't interested and told them that from the beginning. The manager (plaid pants and all) then insulted my wife after she said something about the cost then asked me "do you know a good buy when you see one?" I told him I didn't care what kind of deal he had because I'm not buying anything and he said "NO GOODBYE!" They took us to the gift area and gave us our gifts. The manager couldn't have been a bigger a hole and couldn't have insulted us more. Horrible people and inexcusable behavior.

Jan 07, 2016

We rolled over from Festiva Resorts to Summer Winds at the cost of $5, 000. We were told that if we did not use our week for the year, we were entitled to a refund of our maintenance fee. We did not use our week in 2015, so in November I called for our refund. I was told that we had to enroll in the "Maintenance Fee Refund Program" in January. Today, 1/7/2016, I called to enroll in the Maintenance Fee Refund Program just in case we are not able to use our week this year. The girl told me that they were "full". Full? Then she said I have to give up my week to get the refund. I'm not giving up my week, and I can't see into the future and know if my week will be unused. I called back and spoke with a manager and had the same conversation. I was clearly lied to concerning this refund program, which obviously does not even exist.

• Li
      Jan 24, 2016

We bought into Stormy Point Village in Branson, MO in 2005. Looking back we fell for the "one day only" pressure sales tactics. Fast forward 5 years and we are told by Summer Winds that they are purchasing from Festiva owners because they are the absolute worst company and we will have no value to trade with Interval International if we stay with them. Summer Winds is of course, the primo value and if we stay with Festiva who knows what will happen? We might be responsible for taxes or even payments of the property since we are owners and have a deed. We fell for the lies once again and paid another 6 grand to go with the "best" value of all time being Summer Winds. Fast forward another 5 years and are offered a weekend at Stormy Point for OWNERS but we have to go to an hour long sales pitch. So we agree so we can stay at the place we actually have a deed for. The salesman ( former military) was fairly nice. We told him the problems we had, which were many, of course he was shocked to hear anyone would ever have a problem with SW. Then he proceeds to tell us we paid 6 grand for membership with SW, we are not OWNERS with SW. I am totally confused. Apparently some people that bought "our" cottage are still with Festiva and until they totally surrender to SW and agree to pay thousands more, we only have the value of Festiva when we trade and oh, buy the way, you are having problems because you are with Trading Places and that was a terrible program that they only had for two years and that's our whole problem. Well, who knew? We sure didn't know that and BTW, SW now owns Interval International. They apparently bought it out of the goodness of their hearts for their customer, BUT it really won't be 100% theirs for 5 years so there could still be some problems since your dealing with people in India. But for a 7 grand upgrade to be in the Admiral Club, everything will be wonderful. The sky will be bluer, the vacations will fall into your lap because you now have a concierge to help but you don't want to spend 7 grand for a 4 bedroom upgrade? How about a 3 bedroom? It will only be 4 grand and you won't have quite the benefits of the 4 bedroom but it will still be absolutely better than what you have now. We aren't spending another dime and if we keep getting the run around I might contact the MO State Atty General.

• Ke
      Feb 06, 2017

@Linjo5355 We are contacting the MO State Atty. General soon. Did you get any help? I am so done with these people!

Jun 14, 2016

Made the mistake of going to work with them. Will give more details soon. Got assaulted by manager and chocked out by senior sales person. Undergoing treatment now and will seek legal advice. Tried to help out older couple with disabled child get out after being in there for almost 5 hours.

Jun 14, 2016

Sorry should have typed choked and not chocked. No one should have been treated like these people were. I shouldn't have been assaulted but they are paid professional liars so I am sure they will try and turn it around.

Jun 17, 2016

So confused. Got the police report and they totally lied about everything. That really shouldn't surprise me since that is what they are paid to do. I wonder if they are going to do that under oath when in court? All I ask is all of the calls I am getting is for everyone to slow down and let the justice system handle it. They actually said I threw a punch at them and I have statements that state they assaulted me and I never lifted a hand.
    Social media will be unleashed at the right time. To the hundreds of people who have contacted me just sit tight and see if they do the right thing. As far as the picket signs out front etc. they are in the height of the season so again wait until I get back to you. Thanks for the support.

• Ta
      Mar 29, 2017

We went for the 90 minute presentation which lasted 4.5 hours. At first, we wanted a day to think about it and they said that they wouldn't give us our hotel voucher or anything else, including our $50 deposit until tomorrow, but the hotel was clear that they wanted it that day. I panicked. We agreed to by the explorers package which could be put towards the deed if we wanted. Until then we would get a free week and access to the other membership benefits such as a discounted stay in another resort and discounted plane tickets, etc. They said that we would get our membership information in about a month. That time has gone and went. Funny thing is that we got a call about a month and a half later asking us to come again. We told the person we already made a purchase and they had no record of us. We called them back and they still couldn't find us. We waited a few more weeks and called back. We explained our situation and this person was very rude and treated us like ### saying that we wouldn't get anything until had paid off the explorers package, which is not what was explained to us at all. When we called back again that person was more polite and gave us the email address to send our questions to, but we have yet to receive a reply. Yet the money is coming out of our account like clockwork. They also lied about a resort existing at a location we were interested in to trick us into buying. I feel helpless.

• 1p
      Dec 05, 2017

November 2017 we were in Branson with a Sister and Brother in law who is a time share efficianato. He has used time shares for many years sitting through countless hours of sales pitches for the freebies, show tickets, visa cash cards, meal vouchers, free stays in resort areas. He had purchased weeks in the past, discovered they are not an asset but a perpetual liability and had to actually pay to get out from under the annual maintenance fees, loosing the initial purchase price as well as the ever increasing fees. He is now trying to recoup his loss by taking the free nights, tickets, and any other vigorish he can faniggle to justify being duped by the con. Summer Winds was the same as the rest, offering free food, show tickets, free nights stays all for agreeing to endure a 90 minuet presentation highlighting the benefits of signing up for a 40 to 50 thousand dollar time share with lifetime perpetual maintainance fees. The sales rep was nice, trying to build rapport and got insulting when we persisted the plan was not for us. He asked why we even signed up for the 90 minuet ( actually 31/2 hour) pitch if we weren't going to buy, we told him it was for the free show tickets and was insulted. If they didn't want to use enticements to lure in suckers the should not feel hurt by people who don't bite on their scheme. Quit whining, get a real job and stop scamming people into bad decisions. Summer Winds is just like all the rest, crooked, seedy and underhanded. CAVEAT EMPTOR ******BUYER BEWARE!!!