Summer English Setters / David Ross / Pet Deposit

1 1879 North Lake Dr. , Troy, MI 48083Troy, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 248-670-8937

I submitted a deposit to purchase a blue or tri female english setter.

After 7 weeks he did not make one available to me and offered to sell me a male or refund my money. (In WRITING)
I asked for a refund and he said he mailed it to me.

He now says that I changed my mind about what I wanted and he is not refunding my money.

I have it all in writing where he acknowledges that he will refund my money.

Comments

• Su
      1st of Jun, 2009

Debra Rash was told before she sent a deposit that only orange females are available. Ms. Rash then signed a contract regarding the deposit she sent me is not refundable unless I cannot provide the puppy of her initial color choice. She indicated she wanted an orange female. I have included the email below from her:

"From: Debra Rash
    To: Summer English Setters
    Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 7:12:AM
    Subject: Orange Females

I am taken with ORANGE FEMALE #1 - she has an unbelievable face! Keep your eye on her personality - Her and ORANGE FEMALE #2 are my fav's so far. "

She decided when the litter was 6 weeks old that she wanted a blue female. I offered her the tri female but she refused. My deposits are refunded if I cannot provide a puppy that was promised. I had 2 ORANGE FEMALES puppies for her to choose from.

When Ms. Rash found out that she could not get a blue puppy she and her husband flipped out. I would not recommend any animals to be placed in her home because of safety concerns.

1st of Jun, 2009

If you go onto my site

www.summerenglishsetters.com

you will see numerous puppy buyers from this litter who are quite happy.

David Ross
    Troy, MI

5th of Jul, 2009

We bought a puppy from David's litter. We are very happy with the dog and didn't have any problems whatsoever.

Sandy S.

20th of Jun, 2010

My friends and I have received numerous puppies and adult dogs from Summer English Setters for many years. Mr. Ross is kind and honest. He has always been there for us. He gives our dogs free shots, grooming, and even boards our dogs for free including food. Mr. Ross is a wonderful breeder who provides a home-like environment for his dogs. We always had the opportunity to pick a color and sex without ever a problem. We never returned a dog because each one we recieved is a wonderful addition to our family

I would highly recommend Mr. Ross and Summer English Setters to anyone looking for a puppy or an adult dog. Mr. Ross is in good standings with the English Setter Association of America and has been for many many years. Mr. Ross is in good standing with the American Kennel Club, Canadian Kennel Club, International Kennel Club, and United Kennel Club.

Andrea Michaels

• Ro
      6th of Sep, 2011

Don't trust this guy. David Ross is a SCAM artist. Very rude and disrespectful. Not only has he ripped me off personally but he also attempted to rip my friend off as well. BUYER BEWARE!

• Ro
      18th of Sep, 2011

I made a mistake regarding the above comment I posted. I apologize to Mr. David Ross. I have never met Mr. Ross nor have I ever done business of any type with Mr. Ross. I mistakenly wrote a bad comment about him that was intended for a different indiviudal who has no affiliation with Mr. Ross.

Sorry
    Ron Whice

• Ra
      8th of Oct, 2011
    Summer English Setters - Refuses to Return Deposit
    Summer English Setters

Made a good faith deposit to purchase a blue female setter. After 7 weeks breeder sold all blue females setters to others ( after promising me one). Offered ( in writing) to refund my deposit. Told me check was in the mail (in writing).

Now says he won't refund money because I changed my mind. NOT True - and he knows it is not true because I have the emails to show that he OFFERED to refund my money when a female was not available.

11th of Oct, 2011

On Oct 8, 2011 Raimond (author of the the above post) called me about getting an English Setter. He told me that he wanted a dog strickly for hunting and it would live outside year around in an outdoor kennel. I immediately told Raimond that I will not place a dog with him nor will I recommend him to other breeders. I told him that I only place dogs in homes with loving families and the dog must live inside a home. When I explained this to Raimond he became extremely upset and hungup the telephone.

Raimond searched the internet and found a negative complaint from the only person who ever filed a complaint against me. She filed complaints on 2 different websites. He copy buffered her complaint on one of the websites and then posted it above. Please look at the link below. It is word for word exactly what she wrote on May 5, 2009 - over 2 years ago.

I apologize to everyone regarding this incident but the good news is that none of my dogs will end up being forced to hunt and live in an outdoor kennel for life. For that I will gladly defend all of Raimond's complaints and I believe he will continue making up all kinds of complaints using various aliases. Please ignore them and give your dog a hug for me.

David Ross