Summer Bay Resorts / SCAM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SUMMER BAY RESORTS! THEY ARE A SCAM!
I signed up with Dish Network (Who has nothing to do with this scam) and was directed to a travel agent who said I was getting a good deal. Later to find out it is nothing more than a scam for money. I signed up for the 5 days / 4 nights in Costa Rico, 4 days / 3 nights in Orlando, Fl., 2 Theme Park Passes, 3 days / 2 nights in Daytona Beach, Fl., 2 Daytona USA Tickets, and 2 nights in the Bahamas for no more than $695.00! I told the agent who was handling this package that $695 is a lot of money right now and she said she would make me a deal. I would pay $100 a month and will have up to 2 years to use the tickets. I then asked her the details of the vacation and Specifically asked about travel to and from the destinations, she stated, “This package is ALL ENCLUSIVE, including the flight to and from your destination”. I thought this was a really good deal and agreed to pay the $100/month in hope that in 6 months it will be paid off and I will be able to go on my vacation. WRONG!
I sign onto my “personal” vacation website that Summer Bay has set up to view your purchased vacation packages and read over the terms and conditions. I HIGHLIGHTED A FEW KEY POINTS BELOW!
All of us at Summer Bay would like to thank you for the trust and confidence that you have placed in our promotional accommodations offer. Summer Bay Resort is a private gated vacation resort, with accommodations reserved for owners and members ONLY. Through this special offer we have arranged for you to stay at a nearby area hotel. Please note that during peak sold out dates alternative accommodations will be used that are comparable to the ones listed. All the hotels are just minutes away from Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Seaworld and more. During your stay in Orlando you will receive a VIP pass which allows you access behind the private gates of Summer Bay where you can experience all the amenities our resort has to offer including our lake side beach, six pools, kids water feature, watersports, kids club, miniature golf and much more.
To confirm your dates of arrival please call [protected]. You have 12 months to plan your dates and 18 months to travel unless otherwise agreed between yourself and Summer Bay Resort at the time of sale.
Your getaway package includes the following;
~4 days and 3 nights in Orlando, Florida
~2 Theme Park passes
~3 days and 2 nights in Daytona Beach, Florida
~2 Daytona USA Tickets
~2 nights in the Bahamas
~5 days and 4 nights in Costa Rica
”Our packages are accommodated at one of the following hotels: Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Rosen Plaza, Metro Hotel, Inn at Summer Bay, the Ramada Westgate Inn, the Royal Celebration Inn or similar accommodations. Specific hotels are not guaranteed.”
To view your vacation information online, please visit www.mysummerbay.com
We are privileged to have you as our guest to visit our private gated resort property. Your only obligation will be to participate in a complimentary 90-minute breakfast or lunch sales presentation of our beautiful Vacation Ownership Resorts.
Have a magical vacation experience!
Summer Bay Resort
This advertising material is being used for the purpose of soliciting sales of vacations ownership plans. Complete details of participation in offering plan provided by sponsor.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Hotels require two forms of identification upon check-in. A valid driver's license, Military ID or Passport and a Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover or Diners Club credit card for property damage security, taxes and room charges. “A refundable security deposit of up to $200.00 is required at the time of check in at the resort/hotel property and will be refunded at check-out minus applicable damages and/or fees incurred as a result of or your stay in the accommodations assigned to you.”
(YOU GET THIS AT MANY HOTELS, NO SHOCKER)
Refundable deposits are only accepted in the form of a credit or debit card (No Cash) and will be credited back to payment method provided at time of check in.)
2. “In order to qualify for the accommodations offered in the destinations described in this promotional package, you are required to attend a 90 minute courteous sales presentation and tour of our sponsoring resort properties. (Approx. 90 minutes during breakfast or lunch on a day designated (scheduled) by the resort Welcome Center, during your stay.) If you fail to attend the required presentations you will be charged the retail value (full rate) for the accommodations you have reserved/received.” (THIS WAS NEVER MENTIONED WHEN SIGNING UP FOR THE PACKAGE)
3. This offer is designed for couples and families traveling together for recreational and vacation purposes, not to exceed a maximum of four (4) people per offer (four (4) person max. party mix is acceptable as long as both parties meet participation requirements). Additional accommodations may be purchased to accommodate larger families. Not designed for use on business travel. NO PETS Allowed in resort accommodations or affiliated accommodation facilities.
4. To participate you must be at least 23 years of age and gainfully employed. “If married both husband and wife must attend the tour and sales presentation together.” Non-married couples must travel and attend the tour together. Full time students do no qualify for this offer, unless they meet and can verify the stated income requirement as noted in the Terms of Promotion.
5. This special offer is limited to one per household or family. No group travel allowed on this special promotional rate. **Group travel is prohibited and is considered two or more couples traveling together or separately arriving on the same or alternate date or staying at the same or different accommodation facility using this discounted accommodation package.
6. Additional rooms or nights may be purchased at the time of booking. Rates may vary by season; alternative seasons are referred to as "peak seasons".
“All room accommodations are in a hotel, motel or one and two bedroom units in the resort area and are subject to the availability of Summer Bay Resort room allotments.”
7. This offer may NOT be used in conjunction with any promotional offer or for use with another vacation ownership week. Two or more offers may NOT be used within a 6 month period to stay at the same resort area and a maximum of two promotional offers per year per guest(s). Two or more vacation packages may NOT be used at the same time extending your dates of travel.
8. “Guests are responsible for all applicable State and Federal taxes. A $15 per night reservation fee will be collected at time of booking and may be applied on your behalf to cover hotel taxes at our Orlando destinations.” (ALSO NOT MENTIONED) Long distance phone service, “resort (usage) amenity fees of $10 to $12 per day” (THIS IS TO PAY FOR THAT VIP PASS THAT WAS PROMISSED IN THE BEGINNING) (depending on Associations Annual Budget requirements) and room service fees are extra and are the responsibility of guest. Some accommodation destinations require a $50-$100 refundable deposit collected at time of booking. If you fail to show up (NO SHOW) for a scheduled reservation, you will be charged a nonrefundable fee of (Standard Accommodations $75.00, Premium Accommodations $90.00, 2 bed unit Accommodations $120.00).
9. Additional package offers and/or gifts provided in conjunction independent of your Summer Bay Resort Accommodation package purchase have separate terms and conditions, which limit the number of participants in accordance to the select accommodation provider facility rules/restrictions. (Spain, Las Vegas, Cancun, Costa Rica, etc.). Details regarding the select accommodation facilities will be provided upon making reservations for those select gifted packages. Additional costs associated with certain accommodation locations are independent of Summer Bay Resort, but are in agreement with the Sponsoring property providing accommodations or facility use.
10. The participation in the Optional (Bahamian Cruise) independent of the Bahaman Accommodation portion of any package is your sole responsibility. (You may arrange your own travel to your Bahamian accommodation location). If you choose to participate in the optional Cruise portion if offered in lieu of making your independent travel arrangements you will be required to pay applicable port, service and transportation costs per contractual agreement between Summer Bay Resort and Cruise providing facility.
11. If your package included a Rental Car optional of receiving “attraction tickets you will be responsible for paying all applicable costs (carrier fees, fuel, insurance, additional equipment fees, surcharges, taxes, peak season rental fees, additional driver(s) fees, etc.).”
12. “Summer Bay Resort reserves the right to charge to the user of the discounted accommodations package for additional costs related to the use of the package up to retail value or rack rate cost of accommodations, and any and all additional cost which may occur as a result of the use of the package offer.”
Terms of Promotion:
This vacation package is an offer designed to promote vacation ownership plans for households with a combined income over $40, 000. This offer supersedes all other representations made in regard to this offer, verbal or written. Bearer shall receive the benefits and services described on the first page of this purchase confirmation in exchange for the charges agreed to be paid by participant. Participant acknowledges and
understands that the payment (method) vehicle in which he or she provided for payment at the time of offer, either CREDIT CARD or CHECK DRAFT, shall be automatically debited on the DAY of the initiation (purchase) of their order. “ALTHOUGH, THE PACKAGE IS SOLD ON A NON-REFUNDABLE BASIS, SUMMER BAY RESORT POLICY OFFERS THE PURCHASER RIGHT TO CANCEL HIS/HER ORDER(s) WITHIN 7-DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE.” (GOOD LUCK TRYING TO CANCEL) Cancellation will revoke all benefits including use of any room nights, attraction tickets or other Travel Benefits provided by Summer Bay Resort or affiliated vendors. The packages fee is non-refundable 7 days after the order date unless otherwise specifically provided for in writing by Summer Bay Resort. Participant must use vacation package within 12 months of purchase and Travel must be completed within 18 months, unless otherwise offered and agreed to by consumer and Summer Bay Resort. If additional time is provided per agreement between consumer and Summer Bay Resort the "Extended" time will be noted in your Customer Records. Additional surcharges will apply to holiday and peak periods. The retail value of this package and accommodations provided herein varies based on the cost of the package and season.
“Failure to attend the sales presentation WILL result in the charge of the retail value of accommodations. Additional surcharges will apply to holiday and peak periods. During peak periods, conventions, holidays or when Summer Bay Resort room allotment is full, Summer Bay Resort reserves the right to substitute a different premier resort destination or hotel accommodations in accordance with room resort availability.” Participant may reschedule one time with no reschedule penalty. In the event the participant changes dates subsequent to the first rescheduled date, a fee of $50 will apply for each change requested thereafter. If you notify Summer Bay Resort of changes to your travel prior to 21 Days of arrival your reservation guarantee will be non refundable and retained on your account for future use. Failure to notify Summer Bay Resort of any changes to your vacation less than 21 Days prior to Check-in will result in the immediate forfeiture of your reservation guarantee. If you fail to notify Summer Bay Resort prior to 7 Days or less of assuming reservations you WILL be accessed a Surcharge representing one night's retail rental charge for the accommodations you reserved (Standard Accommodations $75.00, Premium Accommodations $90.00, Condo Accommodations $120.00).
”Airfare, transportation, taxes, meals and other incidental costs are not included in this offer and are the responsibility of the PURCHASER.”
This is an advance purchase package. Travel related benefits such as Cruise, or other accommodation provider of such travel related benefits, is responsible for the benefits to which it offers and each have independent terms and conditions to which each is responsible for providing to the purchaser in conjunction with such offers independent of Summer Bay Resort terms and conditions as outlined in number #9 of the Terms and Conditions above. This offer expires November 13, 2013. This is not an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy to residents of any state, region or area in which registration, if so required by law for such resort (Summer Bay Resort), its common carrier or supplier has not been completed. Summer Bay Resort's seller of travel registration number is as follows NJ Reg#99/4-872.
This offer is not for retail sale and invalid if purchased, bartered, auctioned or not acquired from an authorized sponsor. Summer Bay Resort assumes no responsibility for anyone purchasing or accepting this package as stated in the prior sentence. This voluntary vacation participation offer has no cash value. This offer shall be replaced by an offer of equal or greater value for any residents who wish to participate from the State of New York. This offer may be replaced with an offer of equal or greater value from River Pointe Resort, NAPA Valley CA. or Worldwide Travel for any residents who wish to participate from the State of California, Oregon, or Washington.
For Missouri Residents: This Notice is provided for compliance with the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act, Chapter 407.610, and as required, a copy has been filed with the Attorney General of Missouri.
For Australian Residents: This Notice is provided in compliance with the Consumer Affairs Victoria, Fair Trading Act 1999, Division 2A, Section 67E.
This vacation offer may not be used in conjunction with or in place of any other vacation or promotional offer and is INVALID for use by distributing agents, their employees and/or family members of same. Summer Bay Resort assumes no responsibility for any verbal or written representations made in conjunction with this offer other than those specifically stated above. Summer Bay Resort reserves the right to alter its Terms and Conditions and Terms of Promotions as deemed necessary by operational procedures and/or as otherwise mandated by State or Federal Laws. By purchasing this package it does not grant the consumer the exclusive right to use the package if he or she does not meet the qualifications herein. Summer Bay Resort reserves the right to rescind (deny) the consumer’s use of the package. The Owner/Developer of Summer Bay Resort is Summer Bay Partnership, located at 25 Town Center Boulevard, Suite C, Clermont, Florida 34714, telephone #[protected]. You may contact our Customer Care Center at the following email address email@example.com with questions regarding your discounted accommodations package purchase or you may call our customer care center at [protected].
This advertising material is being used for the purpose of soliciting sales of vacation ownership plans.
After calling Summer Bay and complaining about how I was told my flight would be included in this package and after reading the “Terms and Conditions” I see I now have to pay for the flight along with a few other random charges.
Summer Bay offered me a second deal instead of canceling my package and returning the $100 already debited out of my account. This deal included:
The same exact package
I could use the package up to 5 years
They will keep my $100, but won’t charge me the additional $595
I would have to find my own travel arrangements to and from the destinations.
I told the agent I would settle for this deal and decided to look up prices for traveling from Indianapolis, IN to San Jose, Costa Rica. $550 Per Person. So In reality I would be paying $1190 just to get to Costa Rica and back (Not to mention I still have to pay for a flight to Orlando sometime) on top of already paying the $100. And this was to cover my wife and I for staying OUTSIDE the actual resort at a nearby hotel. And I still have to pay $15 a night for that hotel and not to mention the $10-$12 PER DAY that I would have to pay to use the resort pool, regardless if I used the pool or not.
Lets Total All This Up:
$1190 Round Trip Ticket for 2
$100 Package Cost
$75 total ($15/per day hotel costs)
$60 total ($10-$12/per day to use/not to use the resort entertainment)
THIS DOESN’T INCLUDE TRAVEL TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT TO HOTEL.
THIS DOESN’T INCLUDE THE AIRCOST FOR NEITHER THE FLORIDA TRIP NOR THE HOTEL & RESORT COSTS FOR THE FLORIDA TRIP.
ITS ALL A SCAM!!!
More Summer Bay Resorts Complaints & Reviews
- Summer Bay Resort - I was scammed 
- Exploria Resorts - phone scam, don't let me cancel 
- Summer Bay Resort - They just scammed me 
- Summer Bay Resort - Rip-off 
- Summer Bay Resorts - Rip off! 
- Summer Bay Resort - If its a scam
- Summer Bay Resort - Money from my account 
- Summer Bay Resorts - Holiday Package
- Summer Bay Resorts - scam artistes 
- Summer Bay Resorts - Rip off! Beware It's a SCAM!