Summer Bay Getaway / illegal charge

Ft Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:
4.65

I was charged $248 illegally, because I called to cancel that trip when I noticed the small print that stated that it had to be cancellled 10 days after. I called to cancel and was told that I did not have to cancel, that it would not appear as a charge if I didn't show up.Since then, I have called the credit card company to try to dispute the charge and was told that I did not have suffiecient evidence to support claim against the merchant. I looked it up on BBB and after seeing all the complaints on this company. All said the same, that not enough evidence to support claim. That is outrageous. These people prey on people trying to make a decent living. Why then, don't they call you back.So, it looks like I am another sucker that got taken from this company and I do not think that it's fair.

Comments

Ju
  11th of May, 2009
I have the same problem as you do.
Do you have a phone number from Summer Bay Getaway by any chance? I know they are out of business, but the credit card is telling me to call them again, and try to get the money back with them. If the phone is still out, then at least I can give it to the credit card company, so they can call themselves and then maybe I can get my $392.00 refund!!!
Ka
  31st of Aug, 2009
I have also been ripped off. I paid for three vactions, all at one time so I would have 36 months to use them. The prices where$99.00an $117.00 an $198.00 a total of $414.00. I have tried for months to get in touch with them. I would love a phone number, are even better a address of the company"s that handle there finance an oblingcation .I would have never purchase these vactions, but forSkark VX3 sweeper that I had placed an order for two of their Shark VX3, . at that time I was told about SUMMER BAY GETWAY FT LAUDERDALE FL.. Since SHARK sweepers&vaccum has a good report I thought it would be ok. This company when buying a prouct of theirs should not let their agents tell you about other company unless they are willing to back up the other sales, that you are told about because you had faith in their record an belived that anyone that they turn you on to would be as responsable. If you can heip contact me at : kathytipton@ymail.com
Nu
  1st of Sep, 2009
I have actually went on one of the vacations that I purchased through Summer Bay. I took my two children to Orlando. As a single mom I was really skeptical as to the "deals" that they offered. My First package included 4/3 in Orlando 3/2 at one of the beaches like Ft.Lauderdale and 3/2 in the Bahamas. I paid 188.00 for the whole package. I only used the Orlando trip in the 12 months that it was available. I feel that I got my monies worth in that one trip. Three nights in a hotel, and they gave me two one-day theme park passes. Truly worth the 188.00. A year later I was offered another opportunity to purchase a package. 199.00 and again 4/3 in Orlando 3/2 in south FL 3/2 in the Bahamas 3/2 at Daytona Beach Plus 5/4in Cancun, Mexico. They really wanted to sell me on it so this time they gave me a Three year extension...Do I think that I will actually use all of these in three years? I am a divorced mother of two living on a fixed income. No, we wont be going to Mexico...But we will go to Orlando again and maybe even Daytona. I did "lose" some money to them when I reserved to stay in one of the condo upgrades and was not able to make it that weekend. Unfortunately this does happen but it was understood when I made the reservation that the timeframe was short and the fine print was read thoroughly. This is the only number that I have for them 1-888-STAY-VIP (1-888-782-9847). Hope it Helps.
Ma
  1st of Sep, 2009
Hi this is RIPPED OFF, Thank you Nursewicked for the phone number. I contacted them a little while ago, and was assured that they would honer my vactions. Their name is now just SUMMER BAY, but know matter how many places I had contacted trying to get a hold of this company it never work till now. I thank you so much, money is so tight . Now I can plan a dream honeymoon, when I say I do in the near furter . I sure hope they mean it, I do think this comment page has a lot to with it., and your heip as made me happy beyond words can express. Will let everone know how it turns out. Kathy
Pe
  19th of Aug, 2010
I was recently conned into supposedly authorizing the purchase of a Summer Bay Getaway vacation. The vendor has a "recorded message" of me agreeing to the purchase. I do not recall authorizing a purchase of a vacation that costs me $248.00, even though the recorded message clearly sounds like my voice. The company conned me and may have manipulated the recording that I agreed to puchase a vacation. I initially called to purchase the AbRocket which I most definitely agreed to purchase and try out for the 30 day trial period. I have a fractured spine and needed something to help me strengthen my core muscles and alleviate the pain I suffer from the injury.

I am unemployed and am struggling to make ends meet, or buy food. This company, Summer Bay Getaway are completely unwilling to work with me and credit me the amount. I can't afford to take a vacation, why on earth would I agree to purchase one? I have been ripped off and it couldn't have happened at the worst time in my life. My credit card company's hands are tied because of the supposed recording.

I can't pay for this holiday and this is very upsetting, especially when I know my next rent payment is due. If anyone out there can help me with advice on how to handle this, please help.
As
  27th of Aug, 2010
i also have the same problem i found this number i have not called yet i dont know if this is a working number here it is an i will be sure to call asap...(954) 776-5699
El
  12th of Feb, 2012
I don't know how or where to book my vacation and the number that I have is a dead end ... HELP!!!