sultryhair.com / Terrible service/bad product !!!

1 Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

Never order from them EVER. The first time i ordered from them they failed to alert me that my shipment was to be back ordered. After a week of not receiving anything i was the first to contact the company to ask about my order. They said it would ship within 7 business days. 7 days later i asked where my shipment was and they said it still had not arrived. Basically my hair took about a month and a half to get to me. Upon opening my shipment i was surprised to find that the two bags of hair i had ordered were both two completely different curl patterns ! One was wavy ( almost straight with a slight wave ) and the other pack was curly ! I called to let them know and they told me that the hair "flattens out" when it is shipped and to wash it. I washed it and it still did not curl up. They offered for me to return it for an exchange but i had already waited nearly two months and was not going through any more trouble. I should have learned my lesson with them the first time. Now this has been my second time ordering from them this time the hand-tied 18 inch curly and this shipment took about a month to arrive because i had also ordered straight with it and it was back ordered. When i installed the hair it was beautiful except one thing... there were TONS of Grey hairs strewn throughout the hair ! ( I'm only 19 ) So walking around with gray hair's in my head was a little odd. Not to mention it mats and tangles terribly !!! I have kept it in a ponytail the past week because i don't even want to BOTHER with combing it out. When i wrote a complaint ON the site ( which was later removed, guess they don't what people to know the truth !) they told me this happened because i probably installed the hair wrong and that i had cut the weft. I had used hand tied hair before from another company and KNEW that hand tied wefts are NOT TO BE CUT. So i assured them this was NOT the problem. I still have yet to get a return email from them. I do not want a refund or anything free i just want to save another person from wasting there money ! I have spent over 500 dollars with this company and have nothing to show for it. If i ever decide to take this hair out of the ponytail the wefts should be threadbare in about a few weeks ! I Urge you do not order from them you will be disappointed ! Order from somebody else and save yourself the trouble and expenses.

Comments

An
  5th of Jul, 2008
sultryhair.com - Love this site!!!
sultry hair
California
Phone: 2583654125
sultryhair.com

NCSG 2008-03-11
I must say that the hair I received is absolutely, absolutely beautiful! Do not be deterred by the fact that there is no contact number. She is VERY quick to respond to emails...
From: New York

Mckenzie B. 2008-03-09
I am such a picky person who does not order online. i was very skeptical at first and was really upset and scared to order. but i must admit that this is the most beautiful natural hair i have seen and i have tried everyone. i know im a pain in the you know what, but i will continue to order from you from now on. you are what i have been searching for. your hair actually bounces back from straight to curly, no joke. I want to say sorry for being so leary and not trusting you. you guys are great and really sell what you say. i will suggest you to all my weave wearing sisters.

7th of Jul, 2008

love this site, sultryhair.com is great for natural hair extensions.

Kc
  28th of Aug, 2008

I agree! They are great. Great hair, excellent service. What more can you ask for except...well discounts. They even give discounts from time to time, if your on the emailing list. Yeah!

Anna, not sure when you posted, but they have a toll free number and have for quite some time. Just to update you and anyone else that may be interested in sultry hair.

8th of Oct, 2008

I have to thank Sultry Hair for selling the best hair extensions. They look SO natural and no one can tell that it isn't my real hair. The color match was absolutely PERFECT, and that's really impressive. The extensions are surprisingly super easy to maintain as well. My hair looks so much better now with them and I'm so glad that I got them. I have already recommended sultryhair.com to everyone. I usually don't trust online vendors but your hair extensions are SO great I'm definitely coming back!

Mc
  27th of May, 2009

Bo
  20th of Nov, 2009
sultryhair.com - fraudulent service
sultryhair.com/ Sultry hair
California
sultryhair.com

I placed a order with sultryhair.com as well on 11/5/2009 and of course the money was taken out of my bank account by 11/06/2009 on the website I received a auto response saying it will ship 2-3days...it is now 11/20/2009 and I have yet to receive my hair or a refund as I have requested multiple times. I don't beleive sultryhair.com is still in business with their fraudulent ways of doing business. All I wanted was some hair for the holidays, and it is thanksgiving in a few days no hair and no money to buy another one...you are right she is quite responsive when it is a new order I know this because I tested her, and she failed. I e-mailed her from a second e-mail address as a new client requesting the same hair I ordered and paid and is "backordered" she was ready to take my money again without telling me the product is on backorder. PLease either fulfill my order or give me a refund as quickly as you took my money out.

Li
  17th of Dec, 2009

hello i have just ordered from them and im wondering if you received your order yet?

Gr
  9th of Sep, 2011
sultryhair.com - Bad customer service
Sultryhair.com

I tried relentlessly to get customer service from Sultry Hair, so that I could place a $435 order. I am SO glad I didn't go through with it (thanks to several complaints I read)! You can NEVER get anyone on the phone (they always request that you leave a voicemail). I've left 3- no call backs. The live chat is NEVER activated, and they rarely respond to e-mails. I've sent about 6 since January, and she responded to my e-mail once back in January and then I never heard back from her (my last e-mail as sent to her last week on Friday). In her only response, She claimed that she was sending me a client submitted photo of the Indian Curly U-tipped hair (none on the site). However, it's February and the alleged client pic STILL hasn't been posted on the site! I also find it funny that Aurora's sister goes around defending her on these complaint boards. If they have time to respond to complaints, tweet on twitter, and update their blog, why don't they have time for their customers, or to update their site (as in say what things are out of stock and back ordered and post client photos)? A friend ordered hair from her back in 2007 and it was great, so I think the hair is of good quality, but it seems that Aurora's business has gone down the drain since then? I really like their hair, but I refuse to order from a company that can't even respond to my e-mails or calls.