Sultry Hair / Poor quality hair extensions

A few weeks ago, I ran into the Sultry Hair website. I read some reviews, not realizing that these were "reviews" on the company's own website. So, I looked at some of the products online that they had to offer and decided to order some. I ordered the 22 inch Wavy Indian hair. A few days later, they emailed me to say they did not have it in stock. It was back-ordered or they could send me something else. I wrote right back and said the replacement would be fine. I did not hear from them for almost a week. Finally, worried because I had already paid over 300.00, I called. When I finally got through, the sales manager, Aurora, said she never received my email but would send my order over night at no extra cost. I thought that was great and it arrived on time. When I took it out of the bag, I thought it looked a bit dry and not as nice as it had in the pics. But it still looked pretty good. After having my hairstylist install it, it immediately began to tangle. When I brushed it out, it was beautiful, but it would not stay that way. It got worse as the days progressed. I called Sultry and Aurora said they would send me a refund but would not reimburse me for the money I had already spent on having it installed. When I tried to explain my position to her, she stated, "We did not tell you to put it in." What did she expect me to do with it? Jump rope? So, I told her that if they did not refund my money and reimburse me for the extra money I had to spend to get the bad hair cut out and my head redone, but she was unsympathetic. Sultry Hair sent me a product that once installed proved to be defective and refuses to do anything about it. They, of all people, should know how expensive this whole procedure is. Not only did I have to pay to get the matted hair removed because it was impossible to comb, but I had to purchase more hair, and pay to get it done again! I am now going to move forward with legal action. I know if the situation were reversed and I was providing them with a defective product that cost them additional money they would expect me to reimburse them. My experience with this company has been horrific. I will NEVER do business with them again. I hope that others are able to have a better experience than I have had. I am just disgusted with the ethics of this company.

Pa

Comments

• Pa
      11th of Jun, 2009

I have ordered from them for quite a few years..since 2003 to be exact and I have neery had any issues like this. I did purchase some hair and the color was not what I expected. It was my fault. I ordered the wrong color. They were great and quick about handing my exchange. They will always get my business.