Success Trak / Bad hypnotist!

1 221 main street, #KHuntington Beach, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (714) 374-1341

After 7 sessions and over a thousand dollars later I'm still drinking. I will give Dr. Kaloski a little credit for the first few sessions since we tried to just cut back. I called up to tell him that the first sessions didn't work. Then he told me since that didn't work for me than didn't it make sense that I need to quit entirely. I said "I guess so". When I went in to see him I told him I was very concerned that I couldn't see myself as a permanent nondrinker. He said that was what he was there for and convinced me to go for another round. He sure was ready to take my money. That did not work either (unless you count the one month). I contacted him again because I felt this was not right and he suggested i come in for single sessions and give him more money and go to AA. I told him he was too expensive for me.

I found Kaloski on the internet. He has done a great job marketing himself on the net. I was not very smart though and look for information that was out there that he didn't put there. Maybe he works great for some people but I feel like he pressured me into more hypnosis sessions when I wasn't ready.

I think there are great hypnotists out there and I have gone to a great one that helped me quit smoking. She even stands behind her services. I just moved to the area though and didn't want to make the drive. Lesson learned the hard way. He leaves me feeling scammed out of a lot of money. It's sad too because I understand too why hypnotists can get a bad rap. You just have to get good referrals from people you know... not the internet!

Comments

• Je
      22nd of Mar, 2008

The way I see it is this man took advantage of your addiction and is teaching others his poor techniques. I am sorry.

• Dr
      29th of Sep, 2008

It's not that I disagree with your comments, I am sure they are reflective of your results. I studied hypnosis under Dr. Kaloski and I also hold a Ph.D. in Holistic Life Counseling from the University of Sedona. In my work with my counseling clients I often use hypnosis as a tool, however I am always careful to impress upon the client during our (no charge) consultation that any positive results will be obtained only with the client taking an active role in the process. Anyone seeing a hypnotherapist with the attitude of "here's my problem, here's your fee, fix me" should not expect worthwhile results. A proactive role by the client must be undertaken for positive, lasting change. This approach also makes the process more enjoyable and rewarding - the client feels that they have achieved personal growth and accomplishment. Feel free to e-mail me with your thoughts, my door is always open!

• Sj
      12th of Apr, 2009

For what it's worth to the discussion...the "degrees" from the University of Sedona seem to be a joke. My wife knows a woman here in NH that has a bunch of degrees from there and calls herself a Doctor but is no more than a scam artist.

• Al
      1st of Aug, 2010

After 32 years as a hypnotherapist, I'm afraid that I'll have to agree with Chip Lockwood:

"Anyone seeing a hypnotherapist with the attitude of "here's my problem, here's your fee, fix me" should not expect worthwhile results. A proactive role by the client must be undertaken for positive, lasting change. "

You remind me of the woman who ordered some hypnosis CDs from me 3 months ago. She asked for a refund stating that my CDs didn't work for her. She then admitted that she had never even opened the package!