Subway / the treatment you get from the employee's and the handling of the food!

4649 highway 43, Joplin, MO, United States Review updated:

My wife works at the connecting gas station. She seen one of the employee's let people behind the counter. Let them make food for them and people that came into order stuff and gave them their food for free and the same girl had a boyfriend that was up their from time she came in to the time she left. So she told the # manager their. Well I guess they found out about it. Because one day we went up their. Just to drop off a key at rapid roberts (the gas station) and I see her in their just talking with a coworker. Well she comes out and the subways girl boyfriend just follows her out cussing at my wife. Now I do have a one and half year old and a 6 mo old in the car. So I am asking my wife whats that about? You know and he still just screaming away. Then the subway girl comes out... Starts screaming as loud as she can all the cuss words she can. Edit coworker had to come out and drag her inside. Well her boyfreind is still cussing and screaming and we haven't said anything to one of them. Well my wife turns around and saids I eat their about every day so I have a right to complain. He told her to shut the f up. So I turned and said you need to get in before their is a problem because no one tells my wife to shut up. Well he takes his 22 year old self and runs inside cussing and screaming all the way. Now this hole time the subway girls been on the clock at work. Well me and my wife go to the cops. He calls her and gets all the subway girls info. And tell hers if she bothers her again. We can get a xparte she wont be allowed with 150 ft that means she couldn't go to work. Well her bf gets told by the rapid roberts manager hes not allowed back in their. The next day and that subway girl is just running her mouth at edith the hole time. Well it took the manager of rapid roberts to say hey you wont be allowed back in here if you keep that up to. To shut her up. Because I don't know if the manager is their family or friend or incompetent. Because I guess she don't see anything wrong she did? I guess thats a ok to way for her employee's to act. I never seen anyone do that over a complaint. She was even cussing the cop on the phone. And her manager wants to keep her. So I have complain to www.subway.com and my wife called their complaint line. Now if the owner does something about it that would be nice, but I am not sure about that. All this happened in 5 month-2017 year. If theirs more I can do about this I would like the info, because I am going to tell everyone that I know.

Jo

Comments

• Yv
      12th of Feb, 2008
    Subway - terrible experience!
    2485 possum run rd
    Bellville
    Ohio
    Phone: 419-756-7181

Service was slow because it looks like the owner and his son our the only ones always working , waited about 15 min before being asked what you want then we ordered two subs oven roasted chicken with bacon and another Chicken he put 1 pc of bacon on sub and then it goes to his helper/ son he puts vegetables on a ton of lettuce and very little veggies and rings us up as 2 subs almost $9.00 instead of a 1ft long like the other Subways because it was same bread and both chicken, sat down to eat it tasted like dish soap and we could not eat them poor service bad taste on top of it, we eat at Subway all the time and this was a poor excuse for a business yes we are all out to make money and make cuts to do so but this place has went beyond we will not eat there again. We told some people they said pretty much the same thing!

17th of Mar, 2008
    Subway - bad service!
    Clarion
    Iowa
    Phone: 515-532-6917

Ok you know what is sad? When you go into a subway and two high school kids are arguing who should wait on the customer because neither one wants to. Isn't that the workers job? I believe one kids name was tommy and the other was shelly or shell or something like that. These two were literally pushing and shoving each other friday night about 830 pm to wait on the customers. One was saying i am off the clock u have to get them. while i was there eating they were like wrestling in the back and using vulgarities. Not impressed.

• Fr
      15th of Apr, 2008
    Subway - would not give me a sub for 5.00
    Livonia
    Michigan

I was at subway on 04/11/08 . I wanted to order the chicken bacon ranch footlong sub which on the sign said any footlong sub for $5.00. I was told it could not get it for $5.00 because it was one of the subs not included in the $5.00 range. the chicken bacon ranch sub is not a special sub. It was in the list with all the other subs for $5.00. I had to order another sub wich i didn't really want. I would like to know why i couldn't get it for $5.00 ? This may be my last visit to subway. And the thing is it is advertised all over for any footlong sub for $5.00 . I call that false advertisement.

• Va
      2nd of Jun, 2008
    Subway - do not go there
    www.subway.com

All I am going to say is this: Anyone who continuously eats at a Subway must not have taste buds or a preference for decent food. Look at what they offer! Dry, tasteless bread, processed meats and cheeses (quality greatly lacking here too), dried out vegetables, and you walk out of there smelling like the place! I ordered a chicken breast sandwich and was disgusted to see the person pick up what was clearly a processed patio NOT a chicken breast, and it tasted horrible. Screw Subway I'd rather pay the extra to go to Quiznoes and get REAL chicken breast!

• Gb
      4th of Jun, 2008
    Subway - poor food service and terrible customer service
    6217 n highway 1
    port st john
    Florida
    Phone: 3216903391
    www.subway.com

Well were do I begin... I have been enjoying subway for many years... I used to think there quickness and friendliness was one of the greatest assets..but recently my family and I visited this location as we had recently moved to the area... when we entered the establishment we created with, " How can I help you make it quick I don't have time to wait.", as there was no other customers in the store. We didn't pay any mind and then proceeded to place our order we were rushed into ordering rudely getting cut off in mid-stream of ordering... The associate who was waiting on us incorrectly prepared one of our sandwich's... put tomatoes on a sub which normal would not be a big deal... but recently diagnosed with an user... I asked the associate if they could be removed I was treated like a 5 yr old child who just broke a priceless glass. I briefly explained my situation to her but was snickered at and told, " well you must have said tomatoes because I have been doing this for 9 yrs and this is the first time I have ever made a mistake on ANYONE'S sandwich.." At that point I asked to speak to a manager I was then told that the person I was dealing with was the manager in a very rude manor... I turned to my wife and we both agree to leave the establishment... my point being is were does customer service go and I always thought that someone being in a managerial position should have a little more coach than that...! Maybe subway's commercials should re-evaluate the modo!

• Se
      18th of Jun, 2008

You need to quit wasting your time writing complaints and mabe they were hsve a bad day. Did you ever think of that you inconsiderate human. Mabe we will go to your job and complain about you you got that how pathetic come on GET A LIFE.

• Ak
      10th of Jul, 2008
    Subway - they do not know how to handle bad situations
    141 Finchley Road, London NW3 6JH
    London
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom
    Phone: +44 20 77223006
    www.subway.com

Well... i was with my mate ordering a sub as i was hungry. The procedure of ordering went normally and i took the sub home to share with my sister. I had finished eating and so had my sister and she then pointed out that she found a bone (thin, long and pointy) in the sub that she almost choked on. I took this seriously and then went to complain. There was no-one in line and only one customer sitting down eating, so this was the right time to make a complaint (in case it turned into conflict). I told the man the situation. He took everything on board of what i had said to him. he even admitted it was a bone, and i pointed out that my sister almost choked and i wanted something done about it. A lady that worked there then walked in and got herself involved. I explained again what the situation was. She then observed the bone, and said by looking at the texture it was a vegetable. I was then confused on how she could think it was a vegetable. I made my point more clearly and she then started laughing. she then bribed me with a cookie. She told me nothing can happen, or i take the cookie and go away. I was not falling for this bribe. i then asked for the manager. He apparently was at home. After they had finished observing the bone, he put it on the plastic bag and on his plastics gloves and then threw it behind the wall. I then asked for the evidence back as they wanted me to come in tomorrow to speak to the manager. I then got him to call up the manager in front of me. The manager also said nothing can be done. He gave me back the plastic bag in which the bone was in. i went just outside and then remembered that he did not put it back into the bag. I went back in saying he did not put it back in the bag. They were also saying that they had put it back in. They were obviously trying to make a fool out of me. She then started laughing and called me an idiot. I then noted to her that staff cannot call customers rude names. i took this situation very calmly. I think all subway staff need to go through a conflict resolution training course because they have obviously not been trained. They showed disrespect and very bad customer service. The only solution was for me to accept the cookie. I was not at all happy about this so am now going to complain to their head office and tell all people i know not to eat at subway anymore.

• Va
      25th of Aug, 2008
    Subway - he threatened me and attemped to hit me!
    Duarte
    California

The owner at a subway went crazy out of his mind, pchyco! just because i made a simple mistake, he yelled the loudest and threatend and attempted to hit me, in front of so many customer, the customers turned red and were in shock because he made a scene. He acts and thinks hes a terrorist, i didnt retaliate, because im better than that, i seek justice.

• Ap
      31st of Aug, 2008

This comment was really written by Jashanna King of Clarion, IA

• Me
      9th of Sep, 2008

i go to because i like to pay less for good and health food so i will never complain even if i get bad service when u are cheap somestimes there is a price to pay

• Me
      16th of Oct, 2008
    Subway - refusing to honor listed prices

Twice (at two different locations in Wichita) this year, Subway has refused to honor listed prices. The first time, I chalked it up to the confusing wording on their sign. I asked for double meat on a six-inch sub, which was supposed to be $1.00 extra, but was charged almost $3 extra. Later, after scrutinizing the menu more thoroughly, it appears there are certain sandwiches that are *excluded* from the double-meat offer. However, the clerk should have TOLD me this, instead of silently charging me more.

Today, though, I'm sure I didn't misread. In addition to $5 footlongs, Subway has added $5 six-inch meal deals on the same select sandwiches. The tuna is one of them. The tuna also gets double meat for $1 (I asked at the drive-thru speaker). I ordered the six-inch tuna with double meat, gave my selection for chips and a drink, and expected a total of about $6.40 (tax is 6.3% here) at the window (I was not told the total at the speaker). The actual price was almost $8. When I questioned it, the woman at the window told me it was $2.50 for more the meal deal. I told her the sign said select six-inch subs are $5 for a meal deal (it's listed in the same area as the $5 footlong by itself deal). She argued with me, said she had already READ the sign, and when I asked to speak to the manager, she told me she WAS the manager. I politely asked for my debit card back, told her to cancel the order, and drove way out of my way to Quiznos where they DO honor their new $5 meal deal.

I've submitted this information to Subway corporate. I did the same with the first incident as well (and even if I was wrong then about the price of double meat, I *wasn't* wrong in thinking they had saturated my sandwich in mustard when I never ASKED for mustard on my sandwich to begin with). I got a letter back saying they would forward the info to the regional office, and to that specific store, but that was the last I heard.

Way to go, Subway.

19th of Oct, 2008

I am a regular customer at Subway, but I have noticed at a lot of times, the subways I visit frequently, people serving the food do not wash their hands, and when they do it is without soap. I do suggest that one person should handle the register and someone else handle the food, since it seem to be an on going occurance. I have had to on many occassion sasked the person handling the food to please wash their hands. Customers should never have to ask the person serving the food to wash their hands.
    Thank you.

• Un
      24th of Jan, 2009
    Subway - legit complaint
    Hornell
    New York

I'm a former employee the Suway's in Hornell, NY and I have some legit complaints. When I was let go the owner accused me of running the buiness in the ground and it isn't true, it's the parents that are running the buisness in the ground. The owner's mother kusses the employee's out in front of customers almost on a daily basis and is rude to customer's. Would you as a customer want to watch the employees being kussed out infront of you? Would want the owner's mother being rude and nasty to you? It's horribble working conditions and going home almost everyday in tears, because of the horribble treatment you receive, it feels like you're in a slave camp. Isn't illegal in this country to be treates so horribly at work?

30th of Jan, 2009

Subway advertises $5 foot longs.
    Many Franshised Subways refuse to take credit cards and only take debit cards for a fee or surcharge.
    The surcharge contradicts the advertisements.
    The surcharge is NOT listed in the small print online, on TV or on the radio...it only says plus applicable sales tax. www.subway.com has absolutely zero legal on the $5 footlong ad...not even plus applicable sales tax.

Below is a copy & paste from www.subway.com copyright Subway Fair use claimed: Taken from http://www.subwayfreshbuzz.com/menu/every_day_value/

Every Day Value

With SUBWAY Every Day Value™ you can have your favorite regular footlong, piled-high with fresh veggies for just $5. Lots and lots of footlongs, lots and lots of flavor, for not a lot of money. With value like that you can eat fresh every day.

• Te
      8th of May, 2009
    Subway - manager was very rude
    Subway resturant
    1420 West victory way
    Craig
    Colorado
    Phone: 970 824 2900

My complaint is on a new Manager I believe her name is Nancey! Not only does she have a very Hateful, rude and smart ### attitude with customers i have also noticed and witnessed her being very rude and demanding to her employees while out on the line in front of many customers. I also feel the tension between her and the employees. I have been going to this Subway for many, many years but in the last month and a half i refuse to go there to eat while she is on shift! Knowing almost all of the employees that work here i truly feel they should not have to put up with that kind of disrespect. I'm am hoping that with my complaint and concerns that the Owner and General Manager will get these matters taken care of A.S.A.P !

12th of May, 2009
    Subway - mistake in order
    Port Colborne
    Ontario
    Canada

I ordered 2- 5 foot subs and when i went to pick them up they gave me 10 reg. subs all with beef and ham. What was very upsetting was i called to confirm the day before and she said everything was ok. I was very disappointed because it was for our staff appreciation day. This was very upsetting to me. I had to order pizza for the evening staff. Since the new people have taken over it has not been the same. There is a language barrier between the subway personnel and the customers. The worker even quoted me $ 141.00. When i picked it up it was $ 60.00.

Very Disappointed
    Sharon Kelley
    Dietary Manager

• Je
      29th of May, 2009

ahhhhhhh EVERYTIME I LEAVE THERE I NEED TO GO SHOWER BC I SMELL LIKE CRAP!

• Bl
      30th of May, 2009

I am sure they realize that this wasn't written by a customer and instead by a disgruntled employee who is still working there and has it in for their new boss.

To the manager, Nancy, you better watch your back, someone you supervise obviously has it in for you.

• Ba
      3rd of Jun, 2009
    Subway - very rude behaviour
    Subway restaurant
    Deux Montagnes
    Canada

I have never written a letter of complaint before however I guess there is a first time for everything. I am totally discussed at the manner that I was treated not only by one, but by two Subway employees that looked to me to be mere ‘children’. The Subways I refer to is located in Deux Montagnes, Quebec and the employees, one making the subs and her friend at the cash that both refused to speak English and were downright rude to my wife and I, who proceeded to deliberately blunder both our orders. Well, I decided enough is enough. I am the paying customer who deserves to be treated properly and with respect. As far as I am concerned if they were my employees, I would have terminated them both immediately. Furthermore why was the manager of the restaurant not present? I will not tolerate such behaviour by employees representing a Subway restaurant nor any other establishment. There no need for such manners. My wife and I simply left all everything on the table and walked out. I noticed security cameras and maybe it would be a good idea for the Subway management at the head office to review the tapes. This occurred on Tuesday, June 2/2017 at 6:20pm. The girls did not give their names, nor were they wearing name tags. The one that proceeded with this childlike mannerism had a piercing between her chin and lower lip. I do believe it would be in your best interest to address this situation and to ensure no future behaviour such as this.

• Wh
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I am aware that some french speaking people in Quebec are rude to non french speaking people. Of course, they had no right to treat you that way.

12th of Jun, 2009

Jason is the board psycho. Ignore him. You should have just walked away and gone home. Get another job. The guy is like Jason, psycho.

9th of Jul, 2009
    Subway - unruly and extremely rude employee
    Subway # 2268
    1261 North State Street
    Greenfield
    Indiana
    Phone: 317-462-0070
    subway.com

I witnessed the unjust treatment of an employee by another employee. I took my young children into get a sandwich when a very rude woman named Terri Phillips verbally attacked an employee making her cry. I will never ever subject my children to that kind of situation again! As for the customers of that store: Don't eat there if you plan on having a quiet and fun experience cuz Terri will make you want to walk out like I did!

13th of Jul, 2009

Maybe Terri Phillips just needed some dick.

14th of Jul, 2009

How is "dick" a foul word?

Are you jealous that you aren't getting any DICK?

• Mi
      28th of Jul, 2009
    Subway - sandwichs don't look like advertisments
    Elk Grove Florin Road
    Sacrmaento
    California

Advertising pictures have more meats than actual sandwichs. The hot pastrami and the Cold cut combo. False advertising. Dont understand how people can make customers think there sandwichs are better than other companies. When they short change the sandwichs of their meats.

• Ju
      28th of Jul, 2009

it's only a commercial. every commercial for every product always has their product look way better than what it really is.

• Th
      7th of Aug, 2009

Well subway is at it again, this time they are teaming up with livenation.com to rip off custoomers. http://corporateabuse.net/2017/08/5-dollar-footlong-5-dollar-concert/

• Su
      11th of Aug, 2009
    Subway - harrasement
    Ontario

Dear Sir,

Subway staff members are on purposly putting my store out of compliance, and leading me to termination. the operation of the store is better then before i purchased it, and as soon as i purchased it, i was being put of compliance, this is due to so that i am forced to sell it to another franchisee who is extremely close in relation to the subway staff and we were competitors in buying the store, but luckily i got it and the subway area staff wanted the other franchisee to buy it because they were close.

i have tried contacting the subway HQ, but they just wont help or try to listen.

Please help

if you would like to contact me please use my email
    [protected]@hotmail.com

• Dr
      14th of Aug, 2009
    Subway - no chicken
    Terminal C - IAH/George Bush International Airport
    Houston
    Texas

This location is situated next to a Popeye's take out. For this reason, this Subway do not sell any chicken products! What's worse is the menu clearly lists chicken subs and has pictures on the wall menu! In what way are Subway and Popeye's competition?! Even so, that's life! Why did they offer me a soda if Popeye's sell them?!

Also, they didn't even have a toaster!

23rd of Aug, 2009

You own a Subway, yet you don't know that HQ has absolutely nothing to do with the people you choose to employ? HQ is not going to 'help' you because there is a very simple solution: Fire them. Regardless of whether the employees are doing it on purpose or not, they aren't doing their job correctly and shouldn't be working for you.

23rd of Aug, 2009

Contact Subway HQ. The individual stores definitely do no have the authority to make that kind of decision. You are sure they didn't just run out though, right?

• Gu
      27th of Aug, 2009

It states in the commercials that this is only at participating restaurants. Subway is a franchise. All of their stores are individually owned and operated. It is up to the owner of a particular Subway restaurant as to whether or not they want to participate in the promotion.

• Su
      9th of Sep, 2009
    Subway - nasty
    Subwat
    red lion road and buselton
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania

So I went to the subway on red lion rd and buselton and I walked in to order. Now im about to order and I see a very hugee. Gigantic. Enormous. Cockroach!!!
    The cockroach was walking all over the turkey and other meats.
    What kind of store doesn't keep it nice and clean for little rodents to keep out away from the store.
    I yelled to the guy that there was a cockroach. He picks up the cockroach and throws it on the floor. He didn't remove the meat that got touched by this cockroach. The same gloves he used to pick up the cockroach, he picked up the meat that were touched by this cockroach, and was gonna give it to customers without second thought. What kind of store is this? What kind of people dont know how to speak english? Why do they hire them then?
    Its a very dirty store and I think it shouldnt be running. I think they need the health department to come on out and check this store.

• Em
      10th of Sep, 2009
    Subway - bad costumer service
    255 n white Rd
    San Jose
    Phone: 4082592199

I often go to this subway during weekends with my kid. I was amazed to see the difference between the morning crew and the night crew. People who work in the morning have sone kind of attitude problem. They are least bothered and sometimes they are rude if u ask them something again. A lady working there yelled at me because I asked her the same question again. Sometimes a guy is there too, he seems like the manager as all he does is work on the register or talk to the ladies working there and laughing. If the manager does not care the employes won't either. So instead of going in the morning I go in the evenings. It's nice to talk to people who really cares and who will go to any extent to help people out. I have seen those two Indian girls helping old people with their food. They really care about the people coming in and the person who owns that place should rather have those girls working the entire day instead oh those mean girls in the morning.

• Ag
      27th of Nov, 2009
    Subway - awful advertisement
    subway.com

Subway's recent ad campaign has brought my blood to a red hot boil. For those who don't know what I'm blathering on about, allow me to explain, ever since Subway had the Jared ads (where he lost a lot of weight from eating Subway sandwiches), Subway thinks that if you eat anything other than their sandwiches, you'll forever be a human equivelent to Jabba the Hutt.

I realize they have good intentions, but come on, they executed this by acting like a schoolyard bully poking fun at a fat kid. If anything else, this is blatant elitism by Body ***. I rarely say this but I hope that the ad makers get made fun of for whatever imperfection they may have.

Besides, Quiznos is better by a long shot. Though their ads are disgusting, their food well makes up for it.

6th of Jan, 2010

If I witness an employee get cussed out, I would trash the person doing so and make sure someone higher up knew. Dont worry kid. You are better off without them. Let them die in missery.

Subway - very inappropriate managers
    2317 Northwest 185th Avenue Hillsboroā€ˇ OR United States
    Hillsboro
    Oregon
    Phone: +1 (503) 690-6023

Last week I was looking for a job so I stopped by a subway next to my house and filled out an application. Than handed it back to the female manager and asked how many people they are hiring, she said alot. 3 days later I went back to check up on my application (I was dressed very professional) and she asked me if I was a dancer! (as in stripper) I said "excuse me?" and she asked again. I said "no!" than she conviently lost my application and told me they already hired everyone they need. I was enraged. I called corprate and the lady I spoke with said "it sounded like a personal problem" so I hung up and called the franchise owner and he could care less about the problem. So what I'm wondering is, what kind of people does subway hire?!?! If I did say I was a stripper would I have gotten the job? Never will I go back again.

• Ti
      22nd of Jan, 2010

Just because they're hiring, doesn't mean they have to hire everyone who walks in the door. You make is sound like you're entitled to the job. You're not.

22nd of Jan, 2010

How where you dressed when you picked up or turned in the application?

Had you stopped in there before dressed 'inappropriately' or discussing things that might have shown some unfavorable characteristics?

I'm just asking because I manage a Subway and have plenty of customers that I would never hire based on their behavior on the other side of the counter turn in applications. We remember these things. I've had people I've thrown out for STEALING come back in a few weeks later looking for work!

Please be aware that things like long or fake nails, nail polish, excessive perfume or make up, and any jewelry beyond a wedding ring, wrist watch and stud earrings are against company policy and, many many times, State Health Code. Once again, managers take this into consideration when accepting applications.

Also, it says right on the application that each Subway is independently owned and operated, making each store an entirely separate company that each establishes their own employment and human resource policies. Therefor, unless they discriminated against you in some illegal way (which based on your description, they did not), corporate won't do much more than forward your complaint to the owner. Obviously, the owner did not make the decision and trusts the manager to hire/fire...So in essence, yes, it is a 'personal problem' that you will have to take up with the store's manager. I don't see the point in making broad assumptions... Since she was bold enough to ask if you are a dancer, I assume she won't hesitate to tell you exactly why she didn't hire you if you confront her.

22nd of Jan, 2010

I'm not dumb, I do understand than when your looking for a job at ALL times look nice, in no way did I look like a stripper. I've had very professional jobs in the past and know how to dress. She had no right to ask me.