Subway Restaurant / manager's attitude was like who cares

A few months ago I pulled up to the window at the Jefferson Street Subway in Athens. I ordered a large sub and told the cashier make it Tuna. I notice the workers laughing and giving each other high fives. Later I found out why. It was not a tuna it was meat ball with everything I requested on the tuna, mayo, green pepper etc. I called the Mgr. and informed, the Mgr. said they were out of tuna. The Mgr. never said come back and we will make it right. The manager's attitude was like who cares. I E-mailed a complaint to the Subway web site and no response. Needless to say I don't trade there at all!

Va

Comments

• Ji
      28th of Feb, 2007

My friend contacted me about a special evening he planned at
    Paradou

8 Little West 12th Street
    New York, NY 10014
    Phone: 212.463.8345

You know the kind. Intimate setting, perfect seating, service , ambiance, food. This was going to be a splurge for a wonderful evening
    BUT

I would like to share the following for ANYONE who lives in or visits New York City and chooses the restaurant below for dining. Do yourself a big favor - Go past this establishment and take your money, appetite and desire for the perfect evening elsewhere.

Diner Beware!!!

Here is his reservation:

"vadim@paradounyc.com" wrote:
    .Dear Mr Natalicchio,

Thank you for making your dining reservation at Paradou.

Thank you for choosing Paradou. We are very pleased to have you joining us. Should your plans change, please give us a call at 212-463-8345 or via e-mail vadim@paradounyc.com. We very much look forward to having you spend some time with us.

Your reservation for a party of 2 has been made for Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 6:30 PM.

(If you would like to change your reservation, please call us at 212.463.8345.)

Here is my friends letter to these people.

I got some news for you, you're not the only restaurant in town, we ended up going elsewhere where we were more than welcomed even without a reservation. I don't appreciate misinformation and don't appreciate being treated with substandard service, sorry my money isn't good enough for you. Maybe next time you and your staff will get it right. I am so disappointed in your restaurant and the awful service I got from your hostess I don't think I will ever be requesting a reservation again from your establishment. I made this reservation weeks ago as I wanted the entire day to be perfect for my partner's birthday, and it was until I arrived at the restaurant. I knew you had your Adult Bingo event or whatever you call it, but I called last week making sure the dining room would still be open and was assured that it would not be an issue. When I got there I was offered 2 tables which were not satisfactory in the bar area. Your bar area is fine, but I did not want to be there. After my partner requested a table in the corner near the window, I was told it was for someone else. Your uncaring rude hostess made it easy for me to say thank you and we quickly left. I got some news for you, you're not the only restaurant in town, we ended up going elsewhere where we were more than welcomed even without a reservation. I don't appreciate misinformation and don't appreciate being treated with substandard service, sorry my money isn't good enough for you. Maybe next time you and your staff will get it right.

Thanks for listening. What ever happened to real customer service? Isn't the 1st word in that term.....Customer?

• Na
      29th of Feb, 2008

Today I was at the 18th Street and I street in Washington, DC and there were 3 mexicans behind the couner. One of them started acting fresh with a customer in front of me and laughing at her, while she asked them to make the sandwich. She asked for toasted and it wasn't. It was given to her cold.

He started asking her personal questions, which she was very uncomfortable answering. There were atleast 6 people in line behind us.

If I were you, I would fire the men behind the counter right away. I would never ever enter a subway again. There is a quizno's and a McDonald's around the corner, and I would go there.

You just lost a customer and many more who will read this.

A disgusted customer.

2nd of Apr, 2008

i have eaten at a subway at 1895 hwy 20se in conyers, ga 30013 where the lady in there was rude, not friendly . I have eaten and do eat at subway everyday, and that is the worst one I have been to. Most of them are customer friendly, but not this one. Jane replogle 65 saratoga ct. covington, ga. 30016.My phone is 770-787-8708.

• Bl
      9th of Apr, 2008

On April 8th 2008, 4104 Windsor Spring Rd in Hephzibah, GA . I was so disgusting by the language the employee used in front of my nephew. This woman had the nerve to argue with the customer about her meal. She slammed the customers' cups on the counter. Then said, "I can't believe she's arguing over 30 [censored]ing cents." In front of my nephew, who is thirteen. I told the employee she owed my nephew an apology. She apologized with an attitude of course. The other female employee wasn't any better. She had attitude all over her face. The customers only wanted her to make their sandwich. The police officer also walked out. Whoever owns this restaurant you are definitely losing customers. Train your employees on business etiquette.

• Ni
      24th of Aug, 2008

Please read:
    Subject: Subway restaurant.
    My story revolves around improper conduct/discrimination.
    /URL removed/

• Rs
      31st of Oct, 2008

I have to complain about the false advertising by subway all foot long for 5.00, the subway resturant at danforth ave jersey city new jersey, sell only selected subs for 5.00 and there is a big sign out side says all sudway foot long $5.o0. I can belive i have been rip off .I AM NEVER BUYING SUBWAY AGAIN ...
    the same sandwich at a different location is $5.00 how could you go one place and it one price and another is different.

I THINK SOMEONE SHOULD LOOK IN TO MATTER CUZ ITS NOT FAIR IN THE TIME PEOPLE DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY TO SPEND...

• Rs
      31st of Oct, 2008

OR I PAID $6.78 WHEN @ A DIFFERENT STORE I PAID $5.35 ALWAYS...

• Jb
      25th of Feb, 2009

The subway in Duluth GA. at the Gwinnett place mall has a real attitude problem. The manager couple will not honor the coupons that they distribute to the other retailers in the mall. He rolls his eyes when presented with the coupon and says that he is not honoring them any more. When he or his wife are preparing the subs they are stingy with the filing. They put the smallest amount of lettuce( if you ask for more they roll their eyes} The tomatoes are sliced paper thin. I frequent other Subway shops in the area and I know how they are supposed to wrap the sub. This shop dosent double wrap {white paper around the sub and then the cover} I expect qualisty service and food at Subway. This shop is not one that I will eat at again.

• To
      9th of Mar, 2009

This is true about most Subway's. I remember when Subway was a clean restaurant with freshness that made your mouth water. Now they are nasty, rude, slow, and the managers are as bad as the worst employee.

30th of May, 2009

The complaint has been removed by the request of the author.

• Go
      30th of May, 2009

its your own fault Britain. You let these indians flood into your country right under your nose and you didn't say anything.

Now you find out, they always thought they were better than you and now they have the power to deny you employment yet get rich off your money! Every TV show has to include an indian character now and in most cases they are the 'smart' ones.. so your kids don't forget who is their betters!

i hope its not too late for the US, i think Obama knows this (Bush didn't, he let alot of them flood into our country too). We are slowly closing the faucet that was flooding us with a torrent of these unethical bigots.

Best hope for Britain, if you see an indian behind the counter, WALK OUT! If they stop making money, they will definately go home, as thats the only reason they are there in the first place!

• Pe
      3rd of Jun, 2009

i work at subway and i definately agree with your situation. the owner i work for is very lazy. i do 97% of the work there and only get paid minimum wage. also on saturdays i open the store up and i always arrive there 45 to 30 minutes early like they wanted me to to set everything up and have some breads ready. for the last year that i worked there i havent been getting paid for the 45 to 30 minutes that i work there. they also never have a set schedule and i go day by day not knowing what time i have to work and on top of that they get pissy if i dont come in what ever time they need me. they never even call me to let me know for the next day. another thing to add to on top of this is the cah register problem we have been having. when ever i work that day with the owner and his wife and touch the cash register they complain how they are missing 80 dollars or what ever amount is missing that day and one day they took 40 dollars out of my paycheck which i think is very illegal on top of the schedule problem. i told them to check the cameras and they refuse to do so which sounds very suspicious. my husband had a talk with them because he is tired of this bullcrap they keep pulling, as i am but i try not to say anything because i dont want to cause problems, but i have had enough with this. we also have a bug problem and there are ants and termites all over the place, i have told the owner that he needs to get an exterminator and i do what i can to keep it clean, like i said i do most of the work there but he keeps ignoring that fact that we have bugs. i still am currently working there until i find another job.

• Pe
      3rd of Jun, 2009

ok [censored] 80 bucks is missing and its not from my id and number 2 i dont want any wierdos knowing my name. by the looks of it u have nothing in life to do but comment on here and thats pretty pathetic and i dont know where you live but here its illegal to take money without without the proper cause. obviously you're on disability and have nothing to do or you're a subway manager because your so quick to comment on the same day that i posted this ...WOW. plus what does someone defending me have anything to do with me being immature. instead of posting your critism on other ppls post be productive and go watch some and jerk off.

• Cr
      3rd of Jun, 2009

Now I'm scared to eat subway.

4th of Jun, 2009

jason mate get a life, and also stop callin people names cos that shows that you can recognize yourslef, dnt put ur ### on others.stop being useless

4th of Jun, 2009

have you ever worked for subway or you cant even move out side ur cage cos you dnt manage? i really feel sorry for u .wot a laugh, you probably eat alot of subways thats why ur brain is working like this, init?

12th of Jun, 2009

rite mate ur pushing this abit too far now, im old enough to realise ur just a ###, useless and a mug.thank god i have a family not like u being a typical coward, lonely and stupid.I suggest you to go on the highest building and push urself down yeah, im sure you will enjoy it and if you have anything to do with subway take some sandwiches with you and eat them ### head, if u dnt die from the jump im sure u will die later of food poisoning mate .how about that.enjoy it mate

HAHA

12 days ago by Jason Tillo -2 Votes
    Why are you sprading lies about your former complaint. You were really fired because you had a bad performance. Grow up and stop lying.
    12 days ago by Jason Tillo -2 Votes
    I don't believe you about you boss hiring people that are too lazy. After all he hired you and you are too lazy to run a spell check.

Apparently you are too honey. Look at " sprading" and "you" boss. You always show your butt, don't you? ROFL

12th of Jun, 2009

People Jason Tillo is a barely 17 year old high school student. Don't even listen to him. He's the board troll.

13th of Jun, 2009

Yep that's why I have more money than you do Jason and you will never be rich. It was 5 cents, not a penny. You had the wrong person there at BK. I don't eat that slop either.

I'd rather be cheap than an unpopular 11th grader of 17. Fat and greasy I suppose from trolling under those bleachers and eating crap from the ground after the games. No girl wants you which is why you're always here! You're pitiful.

Jason the board troll, photo attached.