Subway Restaurant / fraudulent advertising!

1 Canada Review updated:

I cannot believe I paid over $9 for a six inch sub with so little lobster on it - it sure did not look like the one they advertise! As a matter of fact, it hardly looked like lobster, it was more like to lumps of paste. There sure were no chunks like they show on the ad!

Comments

• Ca
      23rd of Jul, 2007

My complaint is that it was a very short promotion and the advertising was not intense. I did not get to try until today and of course, it was all over.

I was also told that it would not continue as it was too costly to the stores. Too bad as this would fill a badly needed niche in the market. The Maritimes to have their lobster rolls, but the rest of the country must be satisfied with beef?!!

Thanks.

• Ev
      4th of Aug, 2007

I agree that it is false advertising. I too was taken in by the photo of the lobster sub in their ad. When I purchased a foot-long for $15.49, there was very little lobster meat and it did not look at all like the ad. Furthermore, I have emailed Subway head office twice with no response. I called the regional office, left a message and also got no response.

• Ga
      16th of Aug, 2007

I don't have a complaint about the advertising.I have a complain about your manager in the Sibley Iowa store.She is extremely obnoxious,loud and very rude! She is the poorest excuse for a manager I have ever seen. If your trying to run business away, thats a good way to do it! She's a sloppy dresser,talks about other people while there are customers in the store.Talk about ruining your appetite.GET ANOTHER MANAGER IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ANY BUSINESS IN THAT STORE!!!

• Ji
      1st of Apr, 2009

NEVER BUY A SUBWAY FRANCHISE
    THEY GAVE US THE WRONG NUMBERS ON WHAT STORES WERE MAKING !!!
    THEY LIED TOO US

1st of Jun, 2009

i agree to all those pple who they had a bad experience in subway, i think its the worsth restaurant ever been myself, especially the one in colchester uk, thrust pple DO NOT GO THERE, why should u pay alot of money for a simple sandwich, theres more choices out there.

15th of Jun, 2009

I AGREE WITH ALL THESE COMPLAINTS ABOUT SUBWAY IN COLCHESTER, THE LOGO SAYS EAT FRESH YE RIGHT THEY'R HAVIN A LAUGH, IT'S MEANT TO BE- THINK FRESH, SELLING FOOD OUT OF DATE AND COOKIES ARE SERVED HARD ROCK, THERE ARE MORE PLACES AROUND AND CHEAPER, MUCH CHEAPER THEN A LONG TIME SHELF TIRED SANDWICH.

15th of Jun, 2009

SUBWAY COLCHESTER CAME UP WITH THE IDEA OF DELIVERY, OMG WHAT A WASTE, PLACE AN ORDER AND IT WILL BE DELIVERED MORE THEN AN HOUR LATER PLUS IT WILL BE COLD AND ALL SQUASHED UP AFTER BEING SITTING IN THE SHOP FOR AGES.SUBWAY MAN YOU FAILED MATE .

• Al
      28th of Aug, 2009

Some of the sandwiches they make really does sound a bit expensive and over priced... But trust me, that's not the issues that I find most bad and unfortunate...

Despite the fact that subway sandwiches tastes reletively fine in some places, but I've always noticed that their sandwiches are never really fresh... because they obviously always use packaged goods and trust me, I've seen them handle packaged vegetables before... I always thought: "HOW IN THE HELL IS THAT FRESH IF IT WAS PACKAGED???"... as well as "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PACKAGED FRESH GOODS... AND HOW DO I KNOW IF THE INGREDIENTS THEY USE HAVEN'T BEEN SITTING IN THE FRONT FOR A WHILE???"

obviously most of the subway restaurant never really use actual fresh ingredients, considering that most of the ingredients probably had been sitting around for at least a week or so in a plastic packaged bag... Anyways, I would either recommend eating at quizno's if you could afford it, or just eat at some other places that doesn't actually over price their food while at the same time, providing a healthy snack or meal at a reasonable price.

• Ms
      12th of May, 2010

Dear President-Subway
    I would like to bring into your attention about the insulting behaviour of your one franchise-Country Hill Calgary near Canadian Tire Country Hill and the owner was chinese. I went for breakfast with my children and he did not pay any attention and when I complaint then he started saying that go away and no body can do any thing. He did not honour your promotional campaign coupons which is valid till May 2010. Please trained these people and atleast they should know about customer service otherwise SUBWAy will be in deep loss due to these non professional franchise persons. Select the good professioanl people and get rid of these non serious shopkeepers.

Muhammad

• We
      7th of Feb, 2011

I too have a problem with a certain Subway Store. On more than one occassion I have gone into the store in Richmond BC at 14331 Entertainment Way and have been very unsatisfied with the way they make their Seafood Subs. At this particular Subway they put tons of mayo in the mix so they can put less seafood in the mix. When I complained the woman, who I assume is the manager because it has many owners told me to go somewhere else. I said no just make my sandwich properly. The next time it was the same thing and the same woman. I asked her for the number to their main office and she said she was too busy to give it to me. There were 3 people in the store at the time and 3 staff persons. The number I later noticed is on the napkins. When I called the head office to complain, I was told that one of the many owners of this particular Subway would call me to deal with my complaint and no one has ever called. I will never go into a Subway again. Their food is not that good that I will put up with such arrogant service for such a crappy, mayo sandwich, being sold as a Seafood Sub.

• Co
      16th of Mar, 2011

I both agree and disagree with everyone. I work at a subway in windsor ON and we freshly cut our veggies often during each shift. The store is so busy, absolutely nothing gets to "sit" around. The only veggie in a bag is the lettuce for some reason.
    I totally agree with having an owner who knows what they are doing. I work under one of the worst people I have ever met. He pays us late, changes rules daily. He makes us keep cookies over night even though they are good for like 8 hours. He makes keep meatballs over night and use them the next day, and they are only good for 4 hours! He makes us put our tips in the cash register if it's down a few cents! We get written up if we have too much bread by closing, then the next day be written up for not having enough bread at closing! It's supposed to be fresh [censor]!

• Su
      23rd of Jun, 2011

Haha who are you kidding I work at a subway everything comes pre packaged or frozen including bread nothing is fresh it all sits in the walk in for at least two days before we even beggin serving it and none of it is healthy compare it to mcdonalds you will find micky dees is even better for you

• Xa
      15th of Jul, 2014

July, 2014- Subway lobster sandwich is FALSE ADVERTISING. A couple ounces of mashed lobster that looks like tuna salad spread thinly on a 6" bun for $9:04 is a rip-off. All their advertising says "CHUNKS" of lobster and shows a bun loaded with chunks. When they put the top half of the bun down, it looks like they forgot the lobster; more like a lettuce sandwich. I emailed head office but they never replied. They got my money once, but never again. Stay away from Subway and their lobster SCAM.