Subway / rude manager

Peach Street 16509, Erie, PA, United States Review updated:

I go to Medical School which happens to be right beside a Subway. So at least once a week me and several other students would walk over for lunch on break. Well yesterday Nov. 8th we went over for lunch and all 4 of our subs were all mixed up none of us got the right sub we had ordered. We immediately call them and tell them the problem were one of there employees told us to come back the next day and our subs would be replaced she even told us her name if we had any problems. The following day we did as she told us to we went back and told them her name and what she had said well we got our subs we were sitting there eating them when the manager sends an employee over who wants all of our names, phone numbers and address! when we ask why the manager began hollering at us from behind counter as were still eating saying" We just wanted free food" "We were being unprofessional by wanting free food". I'm sorry but I'm in medical school I don't want or need a free $5 sub however i do want what I have paid for which I didn't get the first time around. The manager was the one being very unprofessional in front of the entire resturant and a long line of customers not to mention embaressing us in front of the resturant! We will not be back and I'm sure alot of the other customers that had to hear and deal with how the manager was handling the problem will not be back either!! It was RIDICILOUS...

Comments

• Am
      Jun 13, 2011

I went into store#31616 on 6/9 at about 11am and ordered a $5 foot long meal so my total cost for lunch was $7.50. For some reason my debit card was declined so the very nice gentleman offered to run it again and still nothing. So I gave him a different card and everything was fine. I went home and saw that I was charged twice on my debit card, one that went through and one that was still pending. I checking my bank account before going back into the store and I was only charged once on my debit card and once on my credit card. So I was going into the store with the hopes of making things easy and just getting another sandwich being that to me I had already paid for one.

I went into the store and talked to the gentleman that rung me up and he did remember the issue with my card. He advised me he needed to get his manager involved so he could help me. This is where my issue begins. Not once did he apologized for my inconvenience of what happened, but instead told me I would need to have bank statements in order to get my money back. I told him I am ok with just getting a meal like I did before vs. a refund. He went on to say that he does not see anything in his system of someone being charged $7.50 outside of my credit card. I even showed him my two different account statements that I could pull up online and that was still not good enough. He said he cannot help that I was charged twice by the credit card company; that if he gave me a free sandwich he would be out money now. He then said that he cannot just give free sandwiches out to everyone; that a woman was just scamming to get free food going around showing different store respites. I told him that even though I am showing him my two different bank account, I came back to the same subway, with my respite from the same store, and the gentleman that helped me remembers me is not enough to prove that I am not making this up. I would have been fine if there was a process to go through but because he told me that he would be out of money and he would be the one losing in this situation I was just appalled. I told him while he may be out of money if it really was the credit card companies fault, that he should never tell the customer (I am currently the one out in this situation) that they were going to be out $7.50. I started to cry because I was getting so upset with his lack of empathy for this situation and all he cared about was making his money.

As people started to walk into the store he could tell I was getting a little less than happy with this situation and did not want his new customers coming into the store hearing my complaint. He then told me he would go ahead and make me what I wanted, BUT he had to talk my credit card information to call them and make sure he got paid for it so he was not out of a sandwich. I told him why would I do that when they could possibly charge me and I would be yet again the one out. He comment was, that if he did not he would be short. I told him that was enough and the only reason he was willing to half help me was because there were people now in the store. I said a few choice words and walked out. I do apologies for my unprofessionalism.

I used to manage a deli and I would have never in my wildest dreams talk like that to a customer. For someone to get so upset about losing out of $7.50 which is not the cost he would really be out of for the total cost of everything in the first place. To also be put in the category as someone who scams subway restaurants when I had everything possible to show him how I was overcharged is just mind blowing. While I cannot discredit a whole company for one managers poor management style; I can assure you I will never be going back to that particular location. I do have many coworkers that visit the establishment and when I told them about this situation they were baffled.

I sure hope you guys realize who you have representing your company name as far as a manager goes.

• Jb
      Jan 19, 2012

I recently found this on the internet and wanted to respond. I remember this situation very well and wanted to give my side of events. The young lady came into the store and explained what had happened and even brought her account statements with her to show the charges on the 2 different cards. It did show on both a charge to a Subway (it did not list a location or any specifics other then a Subway). I apologized and explained that I just needed to look up the charges in my register to verify. When I did this it showed 1 card had been charged but could not find any charges related to the other card. I explained this to her and even showed her the register findings. I said she needed to contact her bank and see where the charge had come from because that card had not been used in our store. She insisted that the bank could not have made a mistake and even though there was no charge listed I still owed her the money. I felt bad for her and kept trying to explain that this was a mater for her bank. I always try to make the customer happy but were not in the business of just giving out money just because someone says so without any evidence. I never accused her of being a scam artist, it was obvious that both her cards had been used at a Subway but again the register showed only 1 of them being used. I just hope she took my advise and contacted her bank to find out what happened

Feb 06, 2013

once subway refused to serve me because of the wya i look...not pretty...do you see me upset about it? do you see me complaining that subway restaurant is sexist? i like myself so i don't worry about these things...i am a bully but i like myself with all myfaults...i carry dictionary withme because i am a bad speller..don't criticize me because no one else is perfetc...i like myself with all myfaults and there are alot of faults that i have so there

Feb 07, 2013

just that even thoguh other people say i look bad, i really don't look that bad...once you get used to me i don't look so bad...there is nothing sexist about people at subway and mcdonalds sahing i look bad ...my self esteem is mroe important than what other people think...

Feb 07, 2013

oh yeah, i forgot to mention that i look like elizabeth taylor did in her prime - really gorgeous, dark hair, nice complexion, beautiful eyes, just gorgeous, sometimes people stop me in the street and ask if i am related to elizabeth taylor but i tell them the truth that we are not related

Feb 07, 2013

oh okay the truth is that i do have dark hair and a nice complexion but i don't look like elizabeth taylor in her prime (and she was always gorgeous even at the end of her life) but still i don';t look that terrible ... once yu get used to my looks i really don't look so bad...especially if you don't wear your galsses or contact lenses...really i;m not that awful looking...i dont get upset when subway and mcdonalds and male flight attendants say i look bad ...it's just their opinion and its not sexist or anything like that...peopl have to grow up and not take things personally...i have my self esteem even thoguh i have many faults

Feb 07, 2013

don't worry tasha you don't look that bad

Feb 11, 2013

Tasha13 has plenty of time to post comments, being in prison and all that.

Feb 12, 2013

could someone please give me banking advice? i posted a question.