Subway, Abilene Crossplains, TX / got let go

1 Abilene Crossplains, TX, United States Review updated:

I was hired on in january by "big country subs/subway" as a "manager trainee".
I really enjoyed working for "subway" and was excited at the oppurtunity to be training for the "store manager" position.

However, after only 1 mo. With the compony, I was let go.
This was a result of happenings a week prior to that, when after a manager meeting, I was asked by deniece coulter (The owner of big country subs), "how everything was going?"
I replied by letting her know that it was going well, however I was having trouble with the "one up, one down" theory.
I told deniece and tim coulter (The other owner of big country subs) that i've been use to the first comes first serve theory and that i'm trying to get use to subways way of doing things as far as sevice so I can be more effective.
She asked me if I would be angery if I walked into a resturant and ordered a steak and someone walked in after me and ordered a penutbutter and jelly samwich after I placed my order for a steak and they got thier order first before I got mine. Well ofcourse not I said because a penutbutter & jelly samwich takes less time then a steak... She disagreed with me saying that I would be angery that I didn't get my order first, becouse she would be if it was her.

She then went on to tell me that she was offended at my comment about the first come first serve theory.
I appoligised to her and told her I didn't mean to affend.
She said not to worry about it, that her and tim have thick skins.

Two days after that I got a phone call from tim coulter, he said he needed to speek with me.
I met him up at one of the stores.
Tim sat me down and told me that I was getting a "need for improovment form" filled out on me for questioning "big country sub" policy... And written up for alegly, swering infront of a guest.
He told me he felt that him and deniece were pushing me too hard with teaching me th administration part of the job as well as the operations part of it and felt that if I just focus on one without the other that I may learn quicker.
Tim took me off the adminstration part of it and my hours were cut.
A week later I had gone into the "subway" located at 1128 mockingbird drive in abilene, texas and orderd f sub samwiches using my 'subbucks"... Internal money used only for subway food.
Well, the cashier had trouble ringing up the"subbuck"discount and had asked me for help.
Around that time another guest had come into the store to order and the cashier had asked if she can go help her... I said yes.
While she was helping her, I found out what she did wrong... Told her about it and she said well just do an overring and re-ring it.
I tried to ring the order up using my casher/emplyee num. But because I was clocked out, the num. Would work.
She said, to just use her num. And that she was watching... So I did.
No money was taken... Didn't even cash the order out.

The next day.. Tim coulter came into the store and called me aside to ask me about the day before.
I told him what happen, however he said he had to let me go for using another emplyees # to ring up an order.
Tim wrote me up... My second write up mind you and terminated me.

"big country sub"policy states..."when being disaplaned... The action goes in this order...
1. A need for improovment form is filled out and sign by emplyee.
2. Write up is filled out and sign by emplyee
3. If three wite ups are filed agaist the emplyee, the employee will be terminated.

I had two write ups and only and was terminated.

Upon recieving my last paycheck... I realized that tim and deniece paid me by the hour.
I was hired on as a "manager trainee" at a rate of pay of $455.00/wk if worked a min. Of 35hrs.
I worked 48.

I feel I was treated unfairly by "big country subs" and that I was scewed out of my pay do to the fact I disagreed with deniece coulter at the manager meeting.

I would love to work for subway again... Just not "big country subs"

My hope is that this complaint is followed up and taken seriously. And that tim and deniece coulter are spoken too about this and that if it is found that they terminated me under false pretense that I get an appoligy and compinsated for my loss of pay.

Sincerly,
David c. Best

Comments

• Ro
      27th of Feb, 2009

hey there, i work for subway in seminole tx and you are correct, also not everyone has a # so we work off each others # they were wrong, seems like they were out to get you from the get go!i have a Q for you!does every manager in training start at that pay? cuz ive been there at subway since oct. and make jack squat! and im the night mgr. makeing 8 an hr. i need more info bout this, please send to me royrazorhead@yahoo.com