Suburban Propane / Payment for unused Propane

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I recently changed Propane suppliers from Suburban Propane to another company due to huge price differences. Suburban last charged me $4.09 per Gallon versus new company charging $2.45 per gallon. I was told by Suburban that I would be paid for the unused propane in tanks. The cost of propane I had been buying was between $3.79 - $4.09 a gallon. First I had to continually call then for over 2 months to get them to get their tanks picked up. Then today I contact then to see what they are reimbursing me for the 2 tanks, which were both full. I was informed I was receiving $571.00 for 200 gallons. Even if I had only paid $3.50 a gallon I should still be receiving $700.00!! So it appears they are buying it back at around $2.08 a Gallon. Isn't there any place to report these people? This is absolutely ridiculous!

Tr

Comments

• Cs
      13th of Feb, 2010

We have had the same experience with Suburban, both in New York State and Florida. In fact in Florida we just terminated our service with a full tank (200#) and we ended up owing money. We paid between $4.88 and 6.82 per gallon for the gas and they charge $55.00 to come and read the tank. I don't like their math. Maybe that is why their profits are so high.