Suburban Propane / OUTRAGEOUS PRICES

Cortland, NY, United States Review updated:

WE RECENTLY RECEIVED A REFILL FOR OUR PROPANE - OUR WHOLE HOUSE IS PROPANE - HEAT/COOK/DRYER/HOT WATER AND THE PRICE PER GALLON WAS $3.98. I CALLED A LOCAL COMPETITOR AND THE PRICE WAS $2.699. THEIR SERVICE ISN'T THAT GREAT FOR $1.29 A GALLON. WE HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR 20+ YEARS BUT SINCE WE HAVE AN UNDERGROUND TANK OUR ONLY OPTION IS TO DIG UP OUR TANK AND HAVE ANOTHER PUT IN. I AM VERY DISSAPPOINTED IN THIS COMPANY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF AN ALREADY DEPRESSED MARKET.

Comments

• Sl
      10th of Feb, 2010

Up here in Lake George NY they are charging us $5.62 and other local compettitors are charging $3.25!!!

• Td
      13th of Jul, 2010

I live just outside of Saratoga Springs and have dealt with the criminal practices of Suburban Propane for 8 long years. This summer we finally got smart and hooked up to the natural gas line in our neighborhood. Now, I'm trying to get Suburban to dig up their tank and remove it, but they are going to take more money from us before we can be rid of them. Perhaps I will take them to small claims court for the cost of repairing my yard! I can't wait for this nightmare to end!!

TDR