Subscriptions4Less / They had forgotten to submit my order

I bought a subscription from them off eBay on December 19, 2007 and they have yet to fulfil my order. The funny thing is that I emailed them and they responded and said that they would resubmit my order. They had forgotten to submit my order. I have paid for this and if they don't give me what I paid for, it is considered fraud and I will let as many people know about this as I can. I will also file many complaints online and let agencies know about it. eBay does not seem to want to help with this and I find that appalling. It's like they support fraud. I have sent them at least 3 emails recently and they will not respond.

Va

More Subscriptions4Less Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Mj
  25th of Apr, 2008

I ordered, and paid for, what I thought was a great deal for 2 Magazine subscriptions through the Ebay site.
After a long time went by, with no magazines, or message that my orders had been received, I emailed the actual magazines involved.
I was told that no orders had ever been entered for me by either magazine.
I have tried to get a response from subscriptions4less about this matter, but get no answer.
So, my money probably doesn't mean much to this seller, but living on a fixed income as I do, every penny counts, and I can't afford to waste any.
the least they could do, is answer my emails.

Sa
  26th of Apr, 2008

Go to the Better Business Bureau website and look up:

Subscriptions4Less

They have their address. If I were you I would make a complaint with them.

This is fraud and it is not okay for them to not give a refund or either give us what we paid for.

Jo
  30th of Jul, 2008
Subscriptions4Less - Never rec new magazine subscriptions
Subscriptions4Less
PO Box 141150
Staten Island
New York
Phone: 917-536-6503

I subscribed for renewal of two magazine subscriptions with Subscriptions4less on E-Bay. The magazines were Astronomy and Consumer Reports. The total cost was $39.66. I E-mailed them several times, they never replied.

Da
  8th of Aug, 2008

( I posted this in other complaint msgs but just reposting it so as many ppl as possible can see it and benefit from it. Feel free to email me if you have add'l info or questions about the info I've gathered thus far.)

Bob -- I too had prev. worked w/them before successfully, which is why I didn't initially worry when ebay cancelled the dutch BIN auction, which I'd already made a purchase from. I checked w/the seller, they said not to worry, that the item would ship, and so I waited. That was May 7th. It's now Aug 8th and no magazines have showed, the publishers have no record of the request or my info, and emails to the seller (replying to the last ones he/she sent me) come back as undeliverable. Many many people have now stated they're in the same boat. Paypal states they'll open an investigation into a seller if enough people complain about them (w/in 180 days) but w/o that, if it's past 45 days (which it is if you wait the 10-12 weeks requested/required) you're SOL.

I just replied to paypal's customer svc reply to me with a list of ebayers that state they were ripped off and paypal either refunded their money, or there was no mention of a refund in the feedback but just that they've been ripped off.

Here is the list I sent them just between June and present:

Negative feedback

1) No renewal of subscription per US Weekly, No response from Seller, PP Refunded
Buyer: bevinh782 Jun-30-08 15:59
3yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246346239) US $19.98 View Item

2) RIP OFF ! BUYER GONE, NO WARNING, NO MAGAZINES - HAD TO FIGHT W/PP TO GET $ BACK
Buyer: smittenkitten89 Jun-26-08 06:49
3yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246346239) US $19.98 View Item

3) Never recieved magazines and sent 2 emails and no response back.
Buyer: alli78 Jun-25-08 09:35
1yr OK! MAGAZINE + 1yr US WEEKLY - Subscription (#310043603935) US $13.98 View Item

4) Mag. never arrived after 7 wks. No response to any of my emails-paypal refunded
Buyer: therewasalittlebird Jun-22-08 18:51
3yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246346239) US $19.98 View Item

5) Never received magazine - no response from seller - Paypal refunded.
Buyer: faye1218 Jun-15-08 08:16
3yr US WEEKLY - Subscription **BLOWOUT** (#110246346239) US $19.98 View Item

6) almost 8wks-no mags-no communication-my children are devastated! paypal refunded
Buyer: 6littlestitches Jun-14-08 09:17
Follow-up by 6littlestitches (Jun-25-08 10:15):
STILL NO MAGS- now seller has no items for sale- wonder why????? stay away!
2yr ZOOBOOKS - Subscription [NO S/H] (#110245720625) US $24.98 View Item

7) Never received order. Contact was unsuccessful.
Buyer: agrotnes Jun-09-08 20:46
1yr OK! MAGAZINE + 1yr US WEEKLY - Subscription (#310043603935) US $13.98

8) Received Today but never received Astronomy sub from 02/26, no communication!!!
Buyer: tschneeibm Jun-06-08 12:28
4yr READER'S DIGEST - Subscription **SALE** (#310043484458) US $19.98 View Item

------------ Seller had replied to all of these on July 29th stating:

* Reply by subscriptions4less (Jul-29-08 20:45):
Ebay removed our listings and wouldn't allow access to our account.

--------- However that doesn't explain why their email account is inactive or why they couldn't fwd. our information to the publishers so we'd actually get our subscriptions... Or even why they couldn't EMAIL us (or some other form of contact) to let us know there'd be a delay. Paypal would have the address and auction information necessary for them to submit our info, so being locked out of Ebay is no excuse.

For anyone who has been ripped of by these guys, if you paid via paypal, even if it's past 45 days, even if you got a refund already -- CONTACT THEM AGAIN and ask them to open an investigation into Subscriptions4less. The more people that complain, the more likely they'll refund those of us who were ripped off, even if it's past their 45 day mark.

I hope this is helpful to those of you in the same situation. And Bob, I hope you follow this advice and contact Paypal (if that's how you paid) to at least add your name to the list of ppl that haven't rec'd their merchandise.

Paypal rep Ralph Vernon sent me a reply on Thursday 8/7 that stated (in part):

> We do reserve the right to reopen any claim for investigation within 180
> calendar days if we receive multiple complaints about a particular
> seller. We will contact you by email if this is the case.

Ar
  20th of Oct, 2008

I also paid $67.98 for a one year subscription to People. They never submitted the renewal so I am also out my money. Crooksdbc42

Ma
  13th of Nov, 2008

I purchased subscriptions and renewals from subscriptions4less on multiple occassions and have always received my subscriptions within the timeframe they said.

It's too bad that they had some issues but I felt I should post to let people know that this is not the norm for this seller. I'm actually quite sad that they no longer have any items listed as they had been the most reliable subscription seller I'd ever dealt with.