Subhiksha Department Stores / Insect infected Channa!

1 India Review updated:

I had bought a 500 gram packet of small Channa (dry), costing Rs.45/- from Subhiksha Department Stores, Siripuram, Vishakapatnam, A.P., India. This was in the 2nd week of Jan'07. I had not opened the pack and stored it in air-tight container.

Today when I wanted to open it, I noticed that the whole packet was teeming with thousands of small insects inside!

I took it un-opened to the Subhiksha. The sales girl was apologetic about it and took it to the manager Mr.Murthy, who said he just could not help me and even made fun of me for not having used it immediately. I left the place immediately not wanting to suffer further humiliation.

Comments

Sk
  28th of Feb, 2007

I think the staff employed there is not properly trained by there head. I think staff should be trained properly for customer handling.

18th of Mar, 2007

Fully agree the staff is not trained at all, none to attend, no space to move freely, the prices are not displayed,all commodities are not available, they also charge service tax on bank debit cards (not a credit card).

Manager on duty not available, the store in Vikas puri, New Delhi. "BIG DISAPPOINTMENT" wants to give the complaint to the press.

Su
  27th of Mar, 2007

Through is board, I want to share my complaint as well.

On 26/03/07, we bought 1/2kg Kala Channa from Subhikhsha Trading Services Ltd, Old Faridabad, Faridabad, Haryana.

On same night, my wife soaked around 350gm channa in water for overnight to cook next day morning 27/03. To our surprise that in the morning we found that out of 350gm around 70-80 gm is still raw (hard in same size). She had to separate these raw channa and took around 1hr to do so.

On 27/03 evening we went to store and spoke to manager there. But he refused to do any refund/replacement and said that it is not in his hand and gave the number of BDM. Now we are trying to reach BDM.

If this is the case that store manager is not authorized to listen customer complaint then it is no use. Unnecessary we are wasting time and fuel. If this is the way they are working then I think ordinary grocery store where we used to buy monthly stuff is much better as he changes the defected item immediately.

Am
  12th of May, 2007

Hi,

If the manager laughs at you when you complained something, just slap him in front of everyone, because these people will never learn and don't want to change their attitude.

If you slap him, nothing will happen, he just learn how to treat his customers. If you complain, you will be the looser of time & money and chakkar lagana padatha hai in salon ke saath.

Best of luck, be courage and do what I say.

Pr
  21st of Jun, 2007

First time visited their store in Mumbai at Goregaon -Malad Linking Road, next to Inorbit. Very small place, dirt all over, Bins were full of dirt. Soil packets outdated stuff, seems like a govt. ration store.

29th of Jun, 2007

Hello,

Personally i feel it is a totally waste of space. No proper management. Nothing works here including the credit card machine. Unfortunately if u land up here, you have a list of things to buy, out of 10 items you have to buy 9 items from the adjacent department store (employees not even aware about Darbur products). Instead of spending money for advertisement, please concentrate on employing people who can run the show properly. Very much disappointed.

Ja
  5th of Jul, 2007

I have been visiting Subhiksha Retail Shop at Bhandup for my monthly requirement of medicines for past six months. Although these are regular medicines available every where, I have never been able to get them for days. According to their staff, the wholesalers are delaying the dispatches on the advice of other chemist Shops, as it is affecting their business. This is the reply every time I visit the outlet every time for my medicines, every month. Ultimately I have to buy the medicines from local shops.

8th of Jul, 2007

I definitely agree with the above views. Subhiksha needs to develop a lot on customer service management.

I have purchased provisions from East of Kailash Market yesterday. The executive assured home delivery within one hour and still they have not been delivered. No one picks up the telephone.
The vegetable section is very pathetic with almost all leafy vegetables and fruits being in semi rotten condition.

Are they befouling people by offering discounts only on a piece of paper? The price we pay for the quality is not justified.

Hope Subhiksha management realizes and take necessary steps.

At
  18th of Jul, 2007

We really agree with shyam aggarwal its true the staff is not trained at all, none to attend, no space to move freely, the prices are not displayed, all commodities are not available, they also charge service tax on bank debit cards (not a credit card).

At last subhiksha is a bad consumer store!!!

An
  19th of Jul, 2007

This is regarding to Subhiksha branch at old Faridabad, Haryana near Sec-28 / 29. Recently on 18/07/07 I went to your branch, I found my name "Anuj Gauba" written on board as winner of lucky draw. When I claim the prize they refused stating that the scheme is over on 15/07/07.
My question is that the scheme is over then why my name on board on 18/07/07 .

Ra
  18th of Aug, 2007

Some Suggestion-

Newly opened shops in Aurangabad.

- Space shortage
- Shortages of Items (3-4 getting out of 10)
- No Choice
- Every time the benefit on purchase are reduce.
- No easy movement in shop floor.
- Fruits & Vegetables found rotton condition.
- Benefit given only some vegetable, not all available with subhiksha.
- HOW TO POSTING RESUME ? INTEREST TO WORK WITH SUBHIKSHA.

Go
  30th of Aug, 2007

I use to go to Subhiksha at Vimannagar, Pune. I need a monthly medicine for my father, some where 15 types. From past 5 months, i hear the same sentence from the medicines counter - " Sir, right now we don't have these medicines with us. We have noted down the medicines, will you please come tomorrow and collect". And as usual, i wont get medicines from them and i have to purchase from other medical shop.

Till now, Subhiksha has a list of Sona Masoori rice, in their list but in actual they never have that rice with them.

Now I am opting to go "More".

Di
  31st of Aug, 2007

I fully agree with all complaints!!!

De
  1st of Sep, 2007

From the blogs it is evident that the 'Subhiksha' chain has successfully managed to 'Maintain' the same POOR standard of rotten vegetables, insects in daals and non availability of medicines all over the country, be it DELHI, HARYANA or MAHARASHTRA.

It wud b interesting to hear from our countrymen from rest of the states. I wonder why v r still tolerating such idiots who are bent upon fleecing their own brethren. Dont you think they need 'blanket treatment' wherever u cum across them. Why r v so mild wid such bugs in the society. Just spray them with FLIT or whatever is available in Subhiksha stores.

Sa
  11th of Sep, 2007

My Name Sanjay when i visited Subhiksha 1st time in Salem city I was surprised because there is no stock inside the store, I planned to purchase 25 Items but while returning I finished purchasing only 2 Items lot of noise - like fish market one man standing in center of the store and shouting like!!! to his manager.

Su
  13th of Sep, 2007

I want to be a indirect or sleeping or virtual business partner, kindly suggest me how to apply and where to contact for the busness proposal .

Rr
  17th of Sep, 2007

I ordered medicines in Subhiksha,Chennai on their no.64500207 on Wed 12.9.07. I was told it would be delivered in 3 days. On Sat 15.0.07 I got a call that they had got the medecines but were not able to deliver due to shortage of staff.
On Sun 16.7.07, when I called no.64500207, Joythi who answered said since their shop was in R.A.Puram and I lived in Besant Nagar, they had problems on delivering the medecine. On being asked why they had accepted the order or why they had not diverted the order to the 2 other shops they had in Adyar which is closer to my house, she had no answers. She also did not have the contact no's of their shops in ADYAR. Her BRACH MANAGER, Mr.Edwin - 9282340144 also had no answers to my questions.

I feel "SUBHIKSHA" have bitten more than they can chew.
They also have to spend more time training their employees.
I was shocked to know that phone no's of their other branches were not know to thier own staff members.

Sa
  17th of Sep, 2007

Hi

I think this has been my biggest mistake to get a Hutch connection,though many people had advised me not to get connection from your retail shop but my mind was out (i suppose) that i bought Hutch connection.

I am Sandeep Sinha and i bought Hutch connection no.9899921302 from Subhiksha (C-8,Ocean Plaza,Shalimar Garden, Extn-II , Sahibabad,Ghaziabad) on 12.09.07.I submitted all my documents with my passport photograph.

Later,on 13.09.07 i received an SMS from Hutch saying my documents have not been received by them and that my incoming CLIP shall be barred.By 13th evening it really happened.I submitted another set of my documents at Subhiksha the same day.

On 17.09.07 i received another SMS from Hutch saying my outgoing calls will be barred which i am now waiting to happen.

On 17.09.07 i spoke to your Desk Attendent who told me she cannot help me in this matter . She advised me to go to Indrapuram Hutch shop to get the problem resolved.

Does your Shop think your customers have so much free time thhey should keep on running from pillar to post to get their problem resolved when it is not their fault ?Why should i go to the Hutch shop it is the responsibility of Subhiksha to get my problem sorted out.

I am having a great deal of discomfort due to my CLIP being barred as i pick those calls also which i am not supposed to .

Please advise me if this problem will be sorted out from your good self or should i take up the matter with the Consumer Forum?

Though i know my problem will fall on deaf ears as i have already been warned by several people still i take a chance to write anticipating that a multinational company like yours would definately help it's customer.

Thanks to you for your quick reply as if my phone get a barring on the outgoing calls then it will be a great problem for me.

Rgds/Sandeep Sinha
Mob : 9899921302

19th of Sep, 2007

i have never been to subhiksha even once........was thinking of seeing the store and purchasing my households from there.as i have bought my new house.....but what comments above boss!!
i am getting negative about it....what to do????

Aj
  4th of Oct, 2007

Dear Sir,

I purchased some provisions from your Subhiksha Stores, Road No.1, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad on 02.10.2007 (Bill NO.INV/1843/FMCG dated 02.10.2007 - user id CSA).

On verification of the above bill I found that an item for Rs.248.90 (Lactogen) has been included in my bill whereas I did not purchase the same. I brought the same to the notice of your support staff and they refunded the amount to me.

I feel that the above was dome with an intention to cheat as there were oonly a very few customers and this cannot be a mistake.

Ajay Gupta