Sub-Zero Wolf / New freezer broken

1 p.o. box 44130Madison, WI, United States Review updated:

I purchased a sub zero 601 stand alone freezer unit new in march 2002. The unit was delivered defective. many different problems cropped up over the years. Blown defrost heater coil, ice maker malfunction, outer seal leaks. The unit has been serviced more than 25 times in less than 6 years with an average mean time between failure of approx. 3 mos.

Finally Sub zero decided that they wanted to replace the unit at my cost. I personally think they should be responsible since the unit has never functioned reliably.

For only 1500.00 plus tax Sub Zero/ Wolf will send me a new unit. This is a clear example of a company not interested in delivering quality or ensuring customer satisfaction.

My advice is to purchase from a reputable vendor who is willing to stand by their product. This unit should have been replaced at no cost after the first year and 5 service calls for the same problem.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      11th of Nov, 2008

our 601 F sub zero freezer has completely frosted over as an ice block. the ice maker cannot make individual ice cubes. defrosting the entire thing is a nightmare...it is only 3 and half years old. I will never buy sub zero again. cannot seem to have anybody fix it

• Ir
      18th of Feb, 2009

601 sub zero freezer is new and defective. This is the second one doing the same thing. I am losing my food. It ices up and is flashing 14. 24. 40 EC and service. This is nuts...It is built into my kitchen and matches my refrigerator. I don't know what to do anymore.

• Ri
      6th of Aug, 2009

Information for both of you...after previously being a Rep for two different Distributors offering several different Appliance lines, which included Sub-Zero, I can tell you that your biggest problem is that your service companies are not fixing the problem(s) and my suggestion is to contact Sub-Zero @ 800-532-7820. The fault code showing in the display actually tells the service man what is wrong and all Sub-Zero Distributors have Service Managers on staff (required) so if your local servicer can't get the problem resolved ask Sub-Zero who your local Distributor is and call them...I'm sure both issues can be resolved quickly.

• Js
      20th of Feb, 2012

WOW...I am so upset. I have had the SAME PROBLEM for 5 yrs and the fix only lasts 3 months or less too. I was SO hoping for this last fix to work. HOW depressing...;-( I just sent them an Email and if I don't get a replacement, I will be calling the ATT. General and sending them all this info. SO SAD. Such a beautiful freezer ;-( I have had freezers used for $50 that NEVER needed repair!