Stylerunway.com / Fashionputz.com / Stylechest.com / THEY ARE A FRAUD!

1 unknownUnited States Review updated:
Phone: 18779Runway

DONT ORDER FROM THESE SITES OR ANY THAT APPEAR THE SAME! THEY ARE A ACAM AND TAKE YOUR INFO AND MONEY AND NEVER SEND ANYTHING...THE CHAT IS FAKE AND SO IF THE NUMBER...THEY JUST PLAY IT OFF UNTILL YOU ORDER AND TELL YOU YOU CANT CANCELL! THEY HAVE A NUMBER OF SITES WITH THE SAME SETUP JUST DIFFERENT NAMES AND BACKGROUNDS ETC... THEY ARE EVEN A GOOGLE SPONSORED LINK! DONT BELIVE THEM..MAKE SURE YOU CANTACT A COMPANY BY PHONE AND CONFIRM A REAL ADRESS BEFORE YOU EVER ORDER FROM ANYONE!

Comments

• Al
      16th of Jan, 2008

I wish I had seen your post before I had ordered from them. I have been e-mailing and calling them, and after waiting an hour and a half for the "live customer service chat" I was told to wait for the e-mail. I ordered over a week ago, and the website said it would ship in 48 hours. When I asked how much longer I have to wait, where it will ship from, and who the merchandiser is, they ignored me, and would not respond. I found out that for online merchants, they must either deliver the service as their website states, or notify you of the delay and give you the option to cancel. Since they have done neither, I have written them one last time that they have 24 hours now to ship my merchandise, or refund my money, and that if once I receive my merchandise, I have it authenticated and it is fake, then I will file a lawsuit against them. I hope everyone else who has dealt with them gets a good outcome, or at least a complete refund.

17th of Jan, 2008

OMG!! There's 5 of us just starting fraud complaints against this company. No one ever answers your calls,emails ... They were quick to take our money thou... It's ok we have a list of people who have been scammed by this company can't wait to see them squirm! We need to find a way to locate anyone who they scammed? I wonder if a blog can be posted?
    I'll contact the Attorney in the AM. & see the legal ways,right now they're going to get a big surprise!! I can't wait. Tired of these companies/people ripping us off.

• Is
      18th of Jan, 2008

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS! I was curious about stylechest.com after I placed an order with them so I googled them. Thank God, I read your remarks. I immediately called my credit card company and closed that account. I also called styelechest and only spoke to the same guy each time. I got a very strange vibe since he was the only one who ever answered the phone. After I called the credit card company I called him to tell him to cancel my order and he said it was already in process which was a lie and that they would try and cancel it within 24 hrs. He said I would receive an email stating that the order was canceled. I never received the email and the only joy I can get out of this is knowing he probably tried using my card but the account had been closed. This has taught me a very valuable lesson. His site was very professional looking and I got taken in. Before you ever order anything on-line like this again, check it out! Also, if it sounds to good to be true, it most likely isn't.

18th of Jan, 2008

This is exactly the same thing I experienced but I never got to actually speak to him after numerous calls,emails I went to their "live help line" and it took 2hrs to have someone to acknowledge me. His name was "JACOB" and gave the same line of bull! I placed order but had bad feeling after placing the order wondering why did they need my date of birth? So I too immediately called my bank & had them stop the card & replace with new..Isn't it amazing! I called over 15/20times to request cancellation but no one ever responded. My bank assured me dont worry I'm protected from people like this & wait to see if the process the order even after numerous calls/emails to cancel.... they did!! & I filed a dispute & filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as recommended I do by my bank.

These people have dirtbags!!

OOOPS are DIRT BAGS!!! - Sorry

• Bj
      18th of Jan, 2008

I got ###ed over as well. Thoose any of you guys got you money back on they's ###ers.>>>???

• Bj
      18th of Jan, 2008

I still can't believe they can just get away with this kind of scam.

24th of Jan, 2008

The same thing as above has happened to my wife. She ordered from Style Chest on Jan 10th and has still not even received notification that her order has been shipped now on the 24th. The are supposed to ship within 48 hours of ordering and send the tracking number immediately after. She has tried canceling, calling, live help, emails, etc. to no avail.

We're now going through her credit card company and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to get her money back.

I would like to thank the complainants above for the response to my email and kind help. I would also like to recommend anyone reading this who also had a similar experience to fill out a complaint with the BBB ... don't let these [censored] get away!

• Ab
      24th of Jan, 2008

From Switzerland

...men, the same has happened to me! I can not believe it!

Three Weeks ago I ordered my wear, until today nothing has arrived!

I also wrote them an E-Mail, but I never received an answer! Know I do not know what to do?!? I will my money back!

...I really hope that this guys were punished!!

Thank you guys for your support!!!

28th of Jan, 2008

I also was scamed by stylerunway.com. I ordered a hoodie the day before Thanksgiving. I never received a e-mail confirmation. After several live-chats with either Sidney or Jacob, telling me it has been shipped but they did'nt have a tracking # yet. I asked how they couldn't have a tracking # when it was shipped. They again did not respond. After multiple e-mails and phone calls leaving messages, I to contacted my credit card company who is disputing the charge. I did check with the BBB before I order. There were no complaints and that time. I then received a package from Japan on 1/8/08 from the US Postal Service that I refused. This is still in disput.

• Na
      28th of Jan, 2008

I ordered a hoodie from stylerunway on the 28th of december , after i ordered it a friend warned me of them , so immediatly i emailed them stating my concern and cancellation , i sent TEN emails telling them to cancell order , no response ,then 3days later they send me email confirming my order and telling me my credit card has been approved are they on CRACK i had just sent them a dozen emails wanting to cancell then they take my money and confirm my order? The phone line is ### no one answers , i email them everyday and have never got a response it is now january 27 still nothing. I have contacted credit card company hopefully i will get reimbursed.
    The moral of this story is always do your research when buying online , dont get lured in by to good to be true deals . Iam a fool for buying before looking into what this company was all about , but for stylerunway "KARMA IS A ###".

29th of Jan, 2008

FOR ALL WHO ORDERED FROM STYLERUNWAY/STYLECHEST.COM -&
    GOT RIPPED OFF!!!!

AFTER FILING YOUR DISPUTE WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY

DO NOT ACCEPT/ or SIGN FOR ANY PACKAGE FROM CHINA/JAPAN/GLENNSVILLE .. MOST LIKELY PACKAGE FROM THIS COMPANY...

WHY YOU ASK?? ONCE YOU ACCEPT/SIGN FOR PACKAGE THE TRANSACTION IS COMPLETE!! & THE FIGHT NOW IS YOU PROVING IT'S FAKE & GETTING AN ADDRESS TO SEND IT BACK TO WILL BE NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE!! SO REFUSE THE PACKAGE!!!! LET IT GO BACK!!

SUGGESTION: As you call your credit card to dispute charge also have your card canceled & replaced with new card. This protects you from having your card info out to a company who is clearly ripping us off. If they ask why, state the company has complaints filed against for fraud,which is true & mention this site. ALSO PLEASE FILE COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU .. it will help all of us including yourself knowing you helped this company get what they deserve.

• Ce
      29th of Jan, 2008

i am pissed off, only that i recieved a bag that was fake and not what it looked like in the pictures. I'll get these scamming ### yet

• Iw
      3rd of Feb, 2008

WARNING : STAY AWAY FROM STYLERUNWAY.COM

I ordered a Dsquared item as a gift for my son, from the fashion website stylerunway.com, based in the USA. Before ordering, I researched the website carefully. They clearly stated all goods were authentic and sold by authorised retailers. The item I ordered (for US $138.99) finally turned up today (1 month after ordering it) and it has been shipped from China, with no documentation.

The garment is a very low quality, a fake knock-off, with no resemblance (in any way) to the original DSQUARED brand. It must have cost $1 to manufacture.

I immediately contacted Style Runway (www.stylerunway.com) and asked for a refund, they didn't respond. After some time I managed to reach them via their websites "live chat" service and they refused to provide a refund, in complete contradiction to the statements on their Website. So, I have lost $140 and have a garment that's completely worthless. I paid by Visa Debit card (Barlaycard) and my Bank have subsequently informed me they can "do nothing". Having shopped online for a decade without a single problem, I am shocked by this experience and utterly devastated to find there's no evident channel to seek consumer justice. Out of curiosity, more than anything else, I thought I'd look into who Style Runway actually are... and I'm shocked to find out how complicated it is.

Early Press Release info online for Style Runway refers to a company called Guyana Corporation Ltd, based at 7 Petworth Road in Haselmere, Surrey in the United Kingdom. This conflicts with the information provided on the Better Business Bureau website at www.bbb.org, which states the company is based in Glennville, California, CA 93226, Telephone 00 877 978 6929. The BBB.org site lists dozens of registered complaints against Style Runway.

I'm confident Style Runway are not an American company at all, but are certainly fronted with an English address, which turns out to be the location of Fletcher Kennedy, i.e. this company: http://www.fletcherkennedy.com. They are "nominees" presumably hiding the true identity of Style Runway and dozens of other "strange" enterprises!

Fletcher Kennedy are located at:

Fletcher Kennedy Limited
    7 Petworth Road
    Haslemere
    Surrey
    GU27 2JB
    Telephone: 01428-656600

contact@fletcherkennedy.com

Googling the words "Style Runway" now reveals (within the last month) hundreds of angry customers of Style Runway that have received fake goods, or no goods at all (essentially the same value in my humble opinion).

The people behind Style Runway appear to have done this before, over and over again. Just enter "7 Petworth Road" in Google (no more than that!) and the various business enterprises are listed with quite alarming results. There's the no longer operating "allmytvshows.com". This was basically the same scam as Style Runway... same operating policy, no contact address, communication via 'live chat' with refusal of refunds! There's also a Hallbank.com, supposedly once a Bank (here is a 74 page discussion on a forum about the no longer operating Hall Bank: http://www.talkgold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151426&page=1), and also some parking company previously called Civil Enforcement Services Ltd. This is just the tip of the iceberg, the list is endless.

Style Runway do not respond to e-mail complaints. Using their "Live Chat" service (a technique used on other retail Websites sourced back to Fletcher Kennedy, also selling fake merchandise) you can achieve intermittent contact with their staff, who appear not to be English (I suspect they may be based in the Philippines?). All they told me (repeatedly) was "we do not give refunds" and then when I pointed out the Merchandise they sold was Fake, they stopped communicating.

Amongst many other things, the address of Fletcher Kennedy is also used by Serendipity Antiques and Crafts Centre (this looks genuine) and DC Private Hire, a Taxicab hire company, Razer Sports Ltd, Razoreye Media Group UK Ltd, Lucky Lotto at www.luckylotto.com a.k.a. World Lottery Service Ltd (currently an active website, presumably until that disappears?!). There's also rosescam.com (don't even ask!) with contact info of Ezpaynet Ltd (7 Petworth Road etc), who run a lot of different adult websites. Then there's Maxxherbal.com, the world's top-rated penis enhancement system (?!) with excellent testimonials (appropriate word, I think!) and endorsed by Healthcare Professionals. One shudders to imagine who they might be! Still, if your manhood drops off you can always contact Volgo Ship Repairs (www.volgo.com) also of 7 Petworth Road! Ezpaynet LTD is also worth a look (also at 7 Petworth Road) who manage the payments for dozens of adult websites. www.aimgt.org.uk is also worth a look (also at 7 Petworth Road). There is also a credit card processing services company specialising in "high risk businesses" located at 7 Petworh Road, see : www.smartebusinesssolution.com which might be what they used to process my credit card transaction? There's also "Dash Payment Processing" http://dashprocessing.com/contact.html - a payment processing company with an address at 7 Petworth Road. More surprising is the fact tht there appears to be an actual business at 7 Petworth Road which is Safford Dixon, an Estate Agent (see http://www.safforddixon.com). A brief internet search into Safford Dixon estate agents suggests that they are a real estate agents (?) with properties for sale on PrimeLocation.com (http://www.primelocation.com/uk-estate-agents/properties/a/sdxo/uk/y/sr/s/) etc. Who are Safford Dixon at 7 Petworth Road, and are they behind what is really going on??

"Paymonde" (Originally at 7 Petworth Road before they vanished) was a merchant services company for credit cards who have subsequently folded up and disappeared leaving just a trace on forums with thousands of messages and complaints from angry on-line retailers discussing the scam and their disappearance. It appears that Paymonde was owned by Ezpaynet LTD!

These people seem to have dubious business schemes trading all over the internet, in every imaginable sector. I've also just noticed carexpresshealth.com "Americas Premier Health Saving Network" with http://carexpresshealth.com/carexpresshealth/contact.htm listing 7 Petworth Road. This one personally worries me greatly. All of these diverse enterprises are located at the same address, and usually accompanied by extensive Forum warnings on different Websites from Customers that have been scammed.

The people behind this seem to be running an incredibly impressive network of companies... all apparently disguised, and each with a long string of unhappy customers, with nowhere to turn for justice. Based on one afternoon of research, I suspect the StyleRunway.com Website has just a couple of weeks to run before it "disappears" with everyone's money. It seems to have been set up to run for a short period, sell as much fake, worthless merchandise as possible, then evaporate into cyberspace... before the next website appears. The websites are professionally created, more than likely by a commonly associated internet development team (probably when found to be registered at 7 Petworth Road!).

I provide all of this rambling information in the hope that somebody may consider looking into this, if they are not doing so already? I can not provide you with anymore information than this, as this was only discovered after a short internet search. I'm sure a professional could find out far more information than I could, for example the strange co-incidence that many of the trading companies have similar looking websites, with offices in the UK and the Philippines?

All somebody needs to do is enter "7 Petworth Road" (in quotes) into a search engine.

In my opinion the words "7 Petworth Road" on a website should be a warning to close your Browser. Immediately.

8th of Feb, 2008

I've been scammed as well. I contacted the visa company who tried to conference call them, but no one answered as usual. The security department was able to find out their billing location. It was billed out of St. Kitts, an island in the caribbean. Visa told me that there was really nothing they could do but that they'd keep a record of the company.

If any of you find out more please contact me.

Thanks.

• Al
      23rd of Mar, 2008

For anyone who used a bank debit card: If you have not received your merchandise, or it is fake, here is how to get your money back, although this will vary by bank. This is how I got my money back, thank god my bank is wonderful and took care of it immediately.

After "attempting" to call, email, and live chat with stylechest, contact your bank. Inform them that after several unsucessful attempts to resolve the problem with the merchant, you have failed to receive the merchandise or that you had the merchandise authenticated and it turned out to be fake (for Louis Vuittons, go to mypoupette.com, this may cost you $25 or so, but worth it for later). The bank may charge you a fee, my bank didn't, but some do. Advise them that after researching the company, you found several complaints of fraud, and non shipment against the company, and that you need to dispute the transaction.

Some banks will make you jump through hoops to do this. Others will be like my bank and simply ask for a notarized letter stating the details of the transaction, when you realized there was a problem, what the problem is, (non receipt or fake items) and that you are requesting the debit be reversed. Make sure in your letter state that their website stated shipment would be within 48 hours from the time you ordered, that all calls/emails have been ignored, etc. Some banks will not say reversed, but instead will "research" the transaction, and actually go through a dispute process. My bank did an automatic reversal and I had my money back within 24 hours.

I hope you all have better luck in the future. You may all want to contact your attorney generals for your states as well, so that they may bring attention to this terrible scam.