Style Runway / Fashion Mansion / Scam and cheating!

I ordered a Chloe handbag from STYLE RUNWAY in their supposed "Christmas sales" on the 29th Dec. The following day my account was charged $379 and i received a confirmation of order email and was promised a shipping email within 24 hours. Over a week later and 4 emails, numerous messages to their "online help" and unsuccessful phone calls, it appears this site is nothing more than a lousy scam merchant. I have discovered numerous posts from other customers that this website does not ship goods but will charge you for the full amount!!

I now have to contact my credit card company and try to cancel the payment! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!

Comments

• Am
      9th of Jan, 2008

Wanted to return a prodcut that did not fit. Took me about 12 days to finally get in contact with someone who said that the product I had chosen was subjected to final sale (even though the return policy had no mention of this). The "online chat" person said they would forward my request for a return to the manager but they refused to give me the manager's phone number! What kind of service industry will not let a customer speak to management?! My guess is this is a scam and there is not a manager. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE!

9th of Jan, 2008

ordered boot for my daughter for christmas... style runway charged my card... and surprise NO boots. the phone number is a fake. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE... it is a scam. I filed a complaint with the BBB and I am fighting with my credit card company to get my money back.

• Si
      10th of Jan, 2008

i bought some shoes to send to my brothers for christmas they are worth $546 and for a month now i have not received my shoes i called several times but it went to thier phony voice message pls do not buy from this website not even a dollar 's worth its a big scammmmm!!!!

• Kr
      10th of Jan, 2008

I totally agree. Even though I just ordered it about 14 days ago, I felt like something weird was going on. The customer service is a joke. The people that chat with you online are ridiculously rude!! When I finally reached someone after leaving messages on their 800 number, sending e-mails, finally getting someone on the chat (I waited over 2 hours for a response) the person on the chat ended it before they even let me finish my questions. Believe me, I have all of this documented and if all this that we all say proves to be true, I will work hard to shut this company down. I was showing this web site to all of my friends - so excited that we found such a good deal. Now I know!! This web site sucks!! I truly believe it's a scam. Maybe I will get the clothes that I ordered. Maybe not. Since they told me on the 10th day after I ordered that I would have a tracking number in five days (after they said it was already shipped out - doesn't that mean I should have already received a tracking number - this is when I really knew it was a scam). Be careful of this company. Please contact me if you need to. Let's shut this thing down!!

• Na
      11th of Jan, 2008

OH MY GOD!! I ordered a Juicy Couture Tracksuit off this 'Style Runway' website on the 11th of December it was a birthday present from my mother. For international delivery its said to take 8-10 days, come the 14th day and hadn't received an e-mail saying my order was sent, as the conirmation e-mail said would do so-I started to get worried, e-mailing them twice a day. There contact info said 'all questions would be answered within 1-2 days!" Its been a month now and still haven't received anything, no tracksuit no e-mail!!! Seems to me that the only thing style RUNWAY does is RUN A WAY with your money. I am so ragingly disappointed. The money was taken out of my mammy's credit card and everything. If anyone has received anything off this site can you please please tell me, how long it took or any other info you have. Thanks. Natalie IRELAND

• Ka
      12th of Jan, 2008

I ordered a Chanel Purse for my daughter for Christmas in November. They charged me over $300.00 and still to date (Jan 12 2008) No purse!! I have held on their on line chat numerous hours only to be disconnected by the person that finally took my chat. Unlike some of you, I was given a tracking number... big deal! The tracking number is invalid. I have sent emails, left messages, and done all I can think of. This website does seem to be a scam, and its a shame! If any of you ever receive anything let me know. Guess they should call themselves "Style Runaway!"

12th of Jan, 2008

I have placed an order with Style runway on December 21/07 and still have not received any of my items that I have ordered. I have tried to contact them with their '24 hour help line' and at first it said that the number was not assigned. I then went onto their website for to email them about my order and still have not received any emails back. To top that off, they over charged me on my credit card. I called back to their helpline to try to see whats going on with my order and there is no one there to help you..

SO.. don't buy from this [censored] website. ITS FAKE!!

• Te
      13th of Jan, 2008

I ordered a juicy couture skull sweatsuit for my daughter for christmas. My account was charged instantly and i did receive an email confirming my order. Its been over 3 weeks and still nothing. I have called they;re so called ''customer service line'' and never can reach anyone. I have left at least 30 messages and emails with no response. Please help shut down these scammers.

• Ho
      14th of Jan, 2008

Heres how to get your money back.

Not completely honest but... worked for us. Call your credit card company and tell them that you believe your card has been charged without your athority. If you tell them you authorized it , they will fight with you and try not to give your money back. Just make sure you have not signed for the deliveries from this company yet or already called your credit card company about this. Tell them you found out who it might be because you saw "Fashion" on your credit card statement. That is how it appears. And you googled Fashion Fraud and found many sites stating fraudulent activities for this company. Be insistant you did not make the purchases and cancel your card if you havnt done so already, They actually used ours to gamble online or leaked it to someone who did. When and if your credit card company calls the numbers listed for this business I'm sure they will get the same responses we have all encountered. NIL. There is another post that states something about The Credit Act and Fradulent Behavior that credit card companies dont like you to know about but you can get your money back after paying something like $50 deductable. Just get your money back, dont deal with the company directly unless you like to get really angry, and if and when a unmarked package arrives at your door from china, refuse it, send it back, dont sign for it. I hope this helps some of you who paid with a credit card.

16th of Jan, 2008
    Stles Runway / Fasion Mansion - Unauthorized charges to my account!
    Stles Runway

I called before Xmas and order 2 ed hardy sweaters... The said it would be there before Xmas. for my daughter. Dec24th it was debited out of our account overseas./ Still haven't received them. I am not sure the bank can do anything either. 259.00 Sad and mad... Kim Wilson California

18th of Jan, 2008

This is ridicious!!! I also am going thru the same thing! I placed an order & within a few hours I called to Cancel order but as we all experienced no one picks up the phone. So I left numerous e-mails with the same request. I even called my bank & had the card replaced cause I had a bad feeling. The following day again,I left numerous of messages both by via telephone & E-mail again no response. I tried the "Live Help" sat there for over 2 hours before "JACOB" comes in with "Hi.How may I help you?" I explained I've called,sent numerous E-mails within the past 2days of order requesting cancellation of order & full refund. he sat there with no response for over an hour, I then tried again starting over thinkin I may get someone else.. No ! Again "JACOB" comes in again I state cancellation of order, he tells me order will be sent in a few days,it hasn't left yet. Again I stated if you insist on sending the order I will refuse as I called many times requesting to cancel order, he said the matter will be sent to management & I'll receive a reply that way. I called again later again voicemail, no response. I've kept all emails & chat conversation for proof. Something needs to be done to put these people away! I wonder about the NEWS?? IF REPORTED WOULD THEY FOLLOW-UP & INVESTIGATE?
    My next move is contacting an Attorney. My refund of 473.99 would be NICE! but this looks like this is going to be a fight against FRAUD! Bank has been notified.

18th of Jan, 2008

WE NEED TO ****STOP**** THIS COMPANY/PERSON FROM RIPPING US O[censored]

I'VE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AS RECOMMENDED BY MY BANK. MY BANK WAS PRETTY COOL ABOUT THE SITUATION,THEY HAD ME FILE A DISPUTE & THEY REFUNDED MY MONEY BACK TO MY ACCOUNT.
    THE BANK STATED THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU WILL INVESTIGATE THIS COMPANY & WILL BE THE ONLY CHANCE OF HAVING IT CLOSED DOWN. IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE, FILL OUT FORM ONLINE WITH ORDER/ID # DATE OF TRANSACTION,AMOUNT THEY STOLE, AND CHOOSE A CATAGORY TO FILE COMPLAINT,EXPLAIN YOUR SITUATION & DEMAND FULL REFUND & CLOSING OF COMPANY. THAT'S IT. TAKES UP TO 30DAYS FOR A RESPONSE, LETS ALL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH & PUT THESE PEOPLE AWAY FOR FRAUD.

THE COMPANY BILLING DEPT. IS BASED IN GLENNILLE, CALIFORNIA 93226 & WHERE THE COMPLAINT WILL BE FILED WITH BBB OF FRESNO CA. PHONE# (BBB) 661-332-2074 EMAIL ADDRESS FOR (BBB) IS WWW.BETTERBUSINESSBUREAU.COM THEM CLICK ON "FILE COMPLAINT(CONSUMER) OR INFO@BBBCENCAL.ORG THEY WILL GIVE YOU A CASE# TO REFER BACK TO WHEN YOU'RE DONE FILING COMPLAINT.
    THEY ASK COMPANY NAME " STYLERUNWAY" pHONE # 877-978-6929 THEIR BILLING NAME USED ON YOUR CREDIT CARD IS "WEB FASHIONS"
    YOU'LL NEED/WANT THIS INFORMATION INCLUDED IN COMPLAINT.

I HOPE YOU'LL TAKE THE TIME & FILE COMPLAINT, WHY ALLOW THIS COMPANY TO CONTINUE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF? THE NEXT PERSON MAY BE A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND WHO ISN'T AWARE OF THEIT TACTICS.
    *TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY OR BANK STATE FRAUD 2 WAYS- {1} EITHER SAY YOU NEVER PLACED THE ORDER & REQUEST CLOSING OF ACCOUNT & REQUEST NEW CARD(BUT DO THIS AFTER RECIEVING YOUR STATEMENT CALL WITH INQUIRY ABOUT TRANSACTION & STATE YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHO /WHAT THIS IS UNTIL YOU SEARCHED THE WEB & FOUND THE COMPANY & YOU NEVER PLACED THE ORDER..(but you can't sign for package/or recieve-if you get something with "china" OR their co. NAME THEN REFUSE PACKAGE! {2} CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY OR BANK TELL THEM YOU CANCELLED THIS ORDER RIGHT AWAY, YOU TRIED CONTACTING COMPANY BY PHONE & EMAIL W/ NO RESPONSE BACK TO VERIFY CANCELLATION REQUEST. THEY WILL ASK YOU IF YOU ARE AWARE OF RETURN/CANCELLATION POLICY-SAY NO! ONCE THE ORDER (PAYMENT) IS PAST THE "PENDING"STAGE YOU MATY FILE A DISPUTE TO GET MONEY BACK. YOU'LL BE ASKED TO SPEAK TO DISPUTE DEPARTMENT & THATS IT!! THEY'LL REFUND YOUR MONEY! STATE YOU WILL BE FILING A REPORT W/BBB THEY WILL SUGGEST THIS TOO. IF YOU RECIEVED YOUR ITEM & FRAUD/FAKE CALL BBB FILE COMPLAINT GET CASE # & CALL BACK WITH REQUEST DISPUTE STATE THEY ACCEPT RETURNS BUT REFUSE TO GIVE COMPANY INFO TO SEND BACK. ITS ALWAYS BEST TO REFUSE THE PACKAGE!! ONCE YOU HAVE ITEM IN HAND & OPEN IT THEY'LL STATE NO RETURNS ETC. ALWAYS STAND YOUR GROUND YOU NEVER KNEW/ OR WERE AWARE OF RETURN POLICY. YOU MADE NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT COMPANY BUT THEY NEER RETURNED CALLS/EMAIL.

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU OUT & YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK!
    PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE ... FILE A COMPLAINT!!! THE MORE THE BETTER!!! DONT LET THEM WALK AWAY WITH YOUR MONEY!

• Br
      21st of Jan, 2008

I placed an order about two weeks ago and I am feeling I am out a $150 dollars.

• Gi
      23rd of Jan, 2008

***BUYER BEWARE- FAKE WEBSITE***
    This company is a total scam. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! They charged my credit card, yet never delivered any merchandise. The customer service number is a complete joke. You only get a recording. I filed a dispute with my Visa card, and fortunately my money will be refunded. Just remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it's probably fraudulent. Lesson learned. I plan on saving my money to purchase luxury/ designer goods from reputable retailers only. This scam will catch up to these ###s!

24th of Jan, 2008

I was another unfortunate victim of this scam. I placed orders around New Years and was excited to receive my merchandise. A few days later, I thought that I would check out the validity of this website(stupid not to check it before), and then I saw all this stuff about scams and fraud. I immediately contacted MasterCard hoping that I would be able to cancel the charge, but they had charged me just the day before I called in. When I asked MasterCard if I could cancel the charge because I knew of this scam, they said that once I approved the charge by giving them my information, they couldn't just cancel my charge. I then filed a dispute claim with MasterCard for not receiving my merchandise. I was thinking this would be the best thing to do, until about a week ago I received a tracking number for my package. Because they had sent out my package, and them being able to prove to MasterCard that they did, I would lose the dispute, lose out on hundreds of dollars, and receive a package full of garbage. They said that even if the package is a month late, that once I received it before the dispute is settled in my favour, the dispute would automatically be cancelled. I am thinking of receiving the package and filing a claim for unsatisfactory merchandise. I'm also thinking about refusing the shipment, but I'm not sure if the charge on my credit card would be cancelled if I do that. Each of these claims supposedly take 2-3 months to be resolved.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do to cancel these charges and keep my money that was cowardly taken away from me?

25th of Jan, 2008

STYLE RUNWAY IS INDEED A SCAM. AFTER NUMERAS CALLS AND EMAILS AND ACTUALLY TALKING TO THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE LIVE I WAS GIVEN THE RUN AROUND BY RUNWAY. I WILL BE FOLLOWING WHAT KIMBERLY FERRY SAID IN HER ABOVE POST. I AM TEMPORARILY OUT $153.00 WHICH ISN'T BAD CONSIDERING-I AM SORRY TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAD THIS EXPERIENCE. MAY KARMA GET THOSE WHO GET OTHERS.

• Ph
      25th of Jan, 2008

I ordered a jacket on Dec. 16, 2007 and I have never received my item from this company. I tried many time to contact this company via either e-mail or phone call but no response except listening to the recording machine. Last week I receive an e-mail from the manager in customer service dept. and the mail said that my item would be shipped out in the next 1-3 business day as well as providing refund on the cost of shipping (they said that this refund will reflect on my next billing cycle/statement). Thus, the tracking number they provided to me (USPS.COM) is not available. I used my check card to pay for this item. I don't know how to get my money back since I am a victim of this scam company.

This company is a scam. Please tell everyone you know that never buy things from them.

28th of Jan, 2008

Simply go to your bank and let them know that you believe you are a victim of an internet scam. Banks are covered for this type of situation and should refund your money and file an affidavit with the company. Make sure that if you paid with your bank card you shred it immediately and get a new one. You can do all this by visiting your bank. Don't wait another day! This is what I did last weekend.

• Li
      30th of Jan, 2008

I'm in the process of filing complaints. Of course I tried all the avenues that everyone else did...calls, e-mails and of course they got me no where. When I first made the purchase-2 weeks ago, this company popped up all over the place when I googled it. Now they are no where to be found. Hopefully all the compalints shut them down. I would love to see them prosecuted. With my 200. added to all the other money they obviously scammed, someone got very rich w/ our money!

• Lk
      1st of Feb, 2008

I ordered an Ed Hardy hoodie and have not received my merchandise. I paid for it on the 11th and it came out of my account on the 14th and still, no merchandise. I am going to file a complaint with the better biz bureau because I clearly see a pattern I went onlin to see if the have an office address and I see all these complaints. I am amazed. I am usually more careful. I have been scammed! I have e-mail and telephoned and still no merchandise. It used to have a link so you can reach someone , now it always says, 'offline.' Buyer, Beware!