Structubedefectuous chairs and refusal to replace or give proper discount

V Sep 06, 2017

Name: Violaine Tourny
Contacts: [protected]
[protected]@gmail.com
Re. chairs purchased July 13th 2017, available only July 20th day I was flying to Europe. I let store know arranged a friend to pick them up, informed me of issues I dealt with as soon as I returned and called Aug.16th 2017 to complain about defectuous chairs out of the box.
Refusal to exchange, replace or give a major discount from the store.

I spoke with the manager Jesse many times over the past few weeks, again yesterday with just a nasty cold and far from "customer first" attitude.

Here below is an email sent Augsut 18th 2017 to the Store Structube right beside my home. As my calls since returning from France, and as the attitude over the phone was being dismissive and of ill-will, I preferred to leave a written document which I could not attach here.

After this letter and many calls, I was asked if I had kept the huge boxes (who would have used a room in a condo to store them?) and as they had discontinued the item they were only offering a $25 dicount take it or leave it.

I am more than shocked expecially as we too had issues when doing a big purchase in 2012 of a bedframe and 4 chairs. I too had to write a complaint then to have the torn chair replaced. And Structube poses as a fancy quality furniture place in Yorkville.

I purchased the chairs July 13th but they would not be available until the 20th, day I was flying to France. I did inform them and organize a friend to go pick them up for me. He laready encountered several issues, the store hesitated to bring in one new chair, but "fixed" it with a floor model of which photo is attach and the piece of wood where we sit on clearly has an important slant to the left, making sitting very uncomfortable.

Your earliest response would be appreciated.

Good afternoon,

As I spoke to my friend today, I must let you know I am aware there was an issue with a chair. He came to see you July 25th, that you hesitated to order a new one as the issue was major, and instead provided him with a floor model that you originally refused to sell me with a further discount.

I also had clearly informed you upon purchase that I was leaving for 3 weeks on July 20th therefore my friend would kindly come pick them up only and screw the feet only which he did on the sofa.

As you were informed, I returned only August 15th around 7 pm and can prove so with my plane ticket.
I immediately realized all chairs had defects at the arms, one with a blob of paint as if it had been touched up, and 2 had paint chipped at the back rest.

I have purchased new chairs from your store that actually looked like chairs that would have been handled without care for a good 6 months.

As I immediately called on Aug 16th morning to let you know of the issue and as one of the chair had such defects that you replaced it with a floor model, I would appreciate you to check immediatly if there is stock available to have these defectuous models replaced.
If not I am asking for another $100 dollar discount.

As I was said I have had these chairs for a month already, and as this is untrue I preferred to put all in writing for the management to review and make the appropriate decision as in no case I am responsible of chairs already damaged in the boxes.

Your response would be kindly appreciated.

Best regards,

Violaine

By V.
Violaine Tourny
FrenchEnglish Interpreter
2016 Multi-Languages Interpreter Excellence Award
Conference Interpreter
OCCI-ACI Accredited (Medical, Legal)
MAG Fully Certified (Legal)
APLI, ATIO, CIAO, OCCI, UHN