Striaex / Terrible service!

P.O. Box 2098 Station MainVancouver, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
4.15

I tried their free trail product, the term and condition is i have 25 days to try and because the s/h took so long I only had 1 week to try. They charged me almost $400 because I passed 25 days trial period. I contacted them and they said they will return my money after i send the product back and then they said i don't need to send the product back and i will still get my refund after 3 billing cycle. After 3 billing cycle i don't get my refund and I asked them about that and they said it because i didn't return the product back and they need time to make decision about my refund. I said what can i do to get my refund, do i need to return the product back and they don't give me any solution and still i don't get my refund. I try to settle this matter between me and Striaex but I don't get any positive response.

Thank you.

Comments

Sh
  19th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Same thing happened to me.
Ka
  28th of Apr, 2008
I ordered a"Trial Size" product from this company for $2.95 on 18 February 2007. After weeks went by and no shipment had been received I then canceled my order on 2 March via email because the phone number on their website wasn't in order. Finally received package on March 11th in which I returned unopened. March 17th company charged my checking account $94.99 without authorization. When this happened I closed my account and now am receving threatening emails stating that they are prosecuting me for the remaining $95. plus $75. everytime I dispute these charges and furthermore threatening that this will go on my credit report. I returned their product and just want my money back!!!
Ka
  28th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I've been having problems with this company as well. By the time you get the product your 25 day trial period is over. Even a few days after I ordered the $2.95 trial size I canceled via email because the phone number that they list is bogus. They charged my account $94.99 without my consent and Now they are threatening me with letters telling me they are going to prosecute me and damage my credit if I don't pay them in full another $95. Don't know what to do to stop this harassment. Just want my money back!!!
Mi
  29th of Apr, 2008
Yeah striaex is a fraudulent company...So my dad happens to be an attorney...this is my email transcript with them i tried to cancel the order when finding out there practices...but sure enough they refused and said it was already processed so this is what i did...

THERE RESPONSE TO AN REFUND INQUIRY:

Dear Alvin,

I checked the status of your order and it has been processed. Once
orders
have been processed, customers must receive them and send them back for

cancellation and/or refunds. Thank you.

Striaex Customer Service

MY RESPONSE:

You suckers!!! you like scamming people huh?...well guess
what...I
outsmarted you...I canceled that bank account...so now I got
your cream for 2.95...and u cant charge me no more
muuuuuuuuuuuhahahahahahahaaa...awwww you mad?...hahahahha
suckers!!!

Alvin,

I have sent your account to our Legal Department regarding your
intention to
dispute charges with your bank. Your dispute is classified as
fraudulent
and I highly recommend that you do not choose this course of action.
Our
Legal Department is very strict about fraudulent disputes. The legal
fees,
reversal fees and fines are very expensive. I strongly suggest you do
whatever it takes to cancel your dispute and cooperate with our Legal
Department.

If you do not want to be responsible for charges, you must follow our
return
policy.

Striaex Customer Service

MY RESPONSE:

how about this you can suck a big fat ### my dad is a attorney here in chicago...and he says you cant do ###!!!

Have your father/attorney contact our Legal Department. We will need his
contact information to initiate litigation. Our Legal Department must
receive contact from your attorney before Friday, May 2, 2008.

MY RESPONSE:

you just proved yourself to be a clown...every email you dig a bigger whole for yourself...look online your company has nothing but bad feedback from scamming folks out of there hard earned money you pigs dont mention anything about a membership enrollment until after you bill the 2.95...then you find out u are obligated to pay 181 a month what a joke...you ### cant do a DAMN thing...if you could do anything about this my dad would have told me...instead he laughed at your emails researched ur company and you have been reported to the BBB have been reported to the FTC etc...you can suck a ### and die...my dads still cracking up in his office at the 100's of folks that are on my blogs talking about your company...right now your a joke in my household...smh@ you comparing your claims to coca cola claims you guys are a poor excuse for a company...and i have blocked your email addresses as well...good luck with that credit option...you cant mess up my credit...u dont have a SSN number. smh...what a clown you truly are.

Alvin,

Please be aware that I have a record of all your emails including the one
where you openly claim you are going to keep our products without paying for
them.

I have sent in a second complaint to our Legal Department regarding your
online posts. I highly recommend that you do not choose this course of
action.

United States law provides a remedy to businesses whose products or services
are disparaged by the false statements of others. The tort is variously
referred to as slander of goods, trade libel, unfair competition or
interference with prospective business advantage, but in the more recent
decisions of United States courts it is often referred to by the broader
title of “commercial disparagement.� Regardless of the particular label,
a business has a legally viable claim against another for the oral or
written publication of a disparaging statement concerning that business
where:

1. The statement is false;
2. The publisher either intends the publication to cause financial loss or
reasonably should recognize the publication would result in financial loss;
3. Financial loss does in fact result.

I hope you choose the proper course of action in this matter.

MY RESPONSE:

Your in canada to sue me or put anything on credit your company must be in the US...thats a known fact... and your product isnt FDI approved so really i can sue you and the credit agency if u were in the US and could report me...oh and if u push this any further...i will post on my blog advising over 50, 000 people to order your product and cancel there bank cards after receiving the product...thats a pretty big loss...but id have to be upset to do that...i get upset very easily and as you see i have alot of time on my hands since i make most of my money online...TRY ME...smh@ a company known for being fraudulant trying to discuss the law.

****this company is a ###ing joke...they cant do ### to you since they want to scam everyone online I say everybody order there trail for the 2.95 and cancel your card after the charge appears for the 2.95 on your statement...then they will send your two bottles ...and when they attempt to charge the $200.00 a month from you that they didnt mention in the beginning the charges wont go thru!!!...and keep the bottles free of charge its PAY BACK TIME SUCKERS!!!

*** oh and "mike" im sure your reading these blog entries im posting...as you read everything people say about you stealing from them...welcome to AMERICA!!! we seek justice...we aren't fair to those who treat us unfair this isn't Canada...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!***
Ch
  26th of May, 2008
Thank you so much for posting all of your correspondence with this horrible company. It looks exactly like everything I have saved over the past 5 months from them. I received the threatening letter from their "legal dept" on Sat. and I was about the pay the $190 that I "owe" them so they don't smear my credit, but no more. I am going to call my credit card company and change my number so they don't have a leg to stand on. Thanks a million!!
Sa
  28th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I am the exact same boat i sent product back before 25 days due to be not satisfyed and they still charged me 200.00 and now my bank wants to reverse the credit they gave me because i couldnt show proof the product was recieved by the company i even made pleanty attempts to contact cust service in which they say they only conduct business online howevr when i write to customer service on computer they say they will get back to you with in 24-48 hours and it has been 3 months and no one contacted me at all now i cant prove to the bank that the product was sent back and cant contact the company i will never refer striaex to anyone i hope everyone takes heed to these post, dont fall victim...
Su
  15th of Jun, 2008

Striaex - Billed for Product Never Received
Striaex

I sent for my "free" trial copy of Striaex acne scar removal cream but before it arrived, I read several complaints about people being billed when they didn't receive it, so I refused shipment and the product was returned to Striaex.

20 Days later, my Visa bill had TWO charges of $95.99 on it!! This is outrageous!! I never even got the product, never signed for anything, it was returned! What a scam!! DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!!!
La
  24th of Jun, 2008
Sue,
I had a similar situation with Striaex in May. These people are just plain manipulative and sneaky. File a complaint with the Vancouver BBB.
Ma
  13th of Aug, 2008

Striaex - Keep charging my credit card
Boynton Beach
Florida
Phone: 215-768-2482
www.striaex.com

I'm at a loss for what to do. Last February (2008) I ordered the free sample for $2.95. Ok, then they said if I don't return at least 1 of the 2 "free" samples I would be charged $98 and change within 25 days. I returned both w/in that time period, but they claimed they never received them and it was over 25 days anyway. Ok, I was duped, and they conned me and got almost $100 from me. Now, on August 12, 2008, I get a new email from them that said my credit card is now being charged $189.95 for the 2 bottles they claimed they never got back. I wrote back that they already charged my card $98, how could they do this? I never received any additional product anyway. No response. Finally a response that they will take legal action if I decide to fight this via credit card fraud and even the local police. You can't get thru on the phone, just a recording. I cannot afford this $189 and it's already been taken out of my card. I called Visa to report fraud and they said they'll investigate but that doesn't help me. Plus Striaex said they will sue me if I report them to credit card fraud. How on earth can this company still be in business? I should have changed all of my credit/debit card numbers, who knew this would happen? Thanks.
To
  24th of Aug, 2008
Has anyone actually had their credit hurt from this company? I have just gone through everything everyone else has. This company is such a scam. I'm just curious now what their actually going to do since I will not pay for these charges I was onw unaware of and for two was unauthorized... My bank is to refund me, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what happens after that? DO they just threaten you hoping they will just get their money. I don't see how they can hurt your credit with this.
La
  6th of Sep, 2008
Do not let Striaex get away with anything. The company recently made the Vancouver Sun for a "rash of complaints" for ripping off people. Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end for them. See the Vancouver Sun for the story/
Ve
  1st of Oct, 2008
File a legal complaint along with one to the BBB. They will send threatening emails but do not give up.
They charged me 419.00 dollars. I AM FIGHTING BACK.
Ms
  17th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I advise anyone whose considering buying this product not to. Their trick is to have you try the free trial hoping that you forgot about it and then charge you for some cramp that doesn' t work. From my experiences, if you can't speak to a live person, don't order it, plain and simple. My advice would be to "CANCEL" your credit care the day you shipped back the free trial, inform your credit card company about the scam, and be sure to have the paperwork to back you up, otherwise you are going to have an unexpectant surprise on your bill. On the other hand, there are good stretch mark creams out there (not many), the ones that I've found to be good at are Elastin3 and Trilastin. All the others are basically lotions hoping to prevent stretch marks. Trust me, I've tried them both and they work equally, very expensive though around $70, but it works. No, I don't work for any of these company's, I am a full time student and a single working mom. Please don't believe hype in all these creams. Call the number, get a live person, read more than 4 reviews, look at the before and after pictures, then you will figure it out. Hope this helps!
Al
  23rd of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I have the same problem, I have no idea what to do!!
Jq
  28th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Call your credit card company. They will reverese the charges because they know of this scam. Also, they will block all additional charges that try to come in.
Va
  4th of Dec, 2008

Striaex - Unauthorized charges
striaex.com

I first discovered this company through Web MD. I have some pretty severe acne scars from my youth and have always wondered if scar removal products would help me.

I found Striaex's trial offer and it appeared to me that they were willing to send you a bottle free for only the shipping cost of $2.95. I remember seeing that the ointment costs $109.99 and telling my wife that if they're willing to send you a free sample and normally charge that much that it must work.

Needless to say I received not only 1 bottle, but 2 in the mail. They were very small, 1 fluid ounce a piece, so I figured that it was just the trial size and I would never have imagined that they charged $110 for one of those bottles. I tried the product that evening, following the instructions on the bottle, but did not see any visible difference in my scars. Later I remember laughing that it was just a scam which reminded me off the old snake oil cure-all tonics from old western movies.

Where Striaex made their mistake with attempting to rip me off is I do all my banking online and monitor not only my bank accounts, but my credit cards on a daily basis.

I logged online yesterday and saw that I had a $419.91 debit pending my checking account. Being that I paid the shipping charges with my checking account debit card meant they were taking the money straight from my bank account. I would not advise that after this experience.

I immediately contacted my bank and had them block the transaction. I was then told by my bank that if Striaex attempted to charge my account again that I would have to allow the debit to clear and then contest it with the bank. Ultimately, I had the bank cancel my debit card so that won't be an issue.

After all of that I went online and sent an e-mail to Striaex's customer service telling them that not only had their product not worked, but that I had not ordered anything further from them, and did not intend to. I then told them that any further action on their part to pursue me for the $419.91 that I would file a fraud complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, with my state's attorney general's office, and then forward all of it on to Web MD.

I received the exact same e-mails as the all the other complaints listed on complaintsboard. I received one from their customer service department stating that because I was threatening them that they could no longer help me and that I was going to have to deal solely with their legal department. I then received an e-mail from the legal department threatening hell and damnation if I don't pay them and stop disputing the charges. I believe that is where they make a mistake and their scam breaks down.
Ju
  21st of Jan, 2009
i had the same thing happen to me.. i hate striaex... but they did send me to collections ..and now im getting a $199 bill... I oreder one trial size.. never once did it mention anything about a memebrhsip or to send it back.. when i got the package.. it was 2 bottles.. i just thougth.., oh i guess I got lucky..lukcy my ###.. i dont know what to do know...
Ju
  21st of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
my card ws already cancelled thank god... but now im getting a collection notice... is this legit.. i called and fought with them.. and the girl i spoke with said that she is gettin gtold the same thing.. and that striaex is a new account for them. but she still said I had to pay up...
Bo
  29th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
DO NOT ORDER WITH STRIAEX!!! They have the worst servicing and are trying to get your money! I ordered a $2.95 Trail Product with them a few months ago, returned it within a day of receiving it, and then they send me an email telling me that I had a balance due of $189.98.

I will take Legal action if they continue to harass me and/or put this amount towards collections. This is so ridiculous!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU ORDERING ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!
Ah
  11th of Feb, 2009
omg. im having the same problem!!! what do i do??! im only 15. and my parents r freaking out