Striaex Acne system, Acne scar remover / Unauthorized charge

1 P.O. Box 2098 Station MainVancouver, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-687-4188

I ordered the acne treatment and the scar removal treatment with a 25-day trial period. I ordered the products on July 17th, when I hadn't received any products by July 27 I contacted Striaex to find out what was taking so long and about some tracking numbers. They said there was a link on their web site to check on the status of your account. I signed up for that and no one got back to me, so I cancelled the membership as well as the products. Surprizingly, the products arrived several days later and at the same time. My checking account was charged on th 29th of July, two days after I cancelled. I have returned the products following directions for shipping. I have also received confirmation that the package was delivered. I have written numerous emails asking for my money back. I'll get emails back saying that it can take 2-3 billing cycles for the money to refunded. I'll get other emails that say it will be 1-2 billing cycles, then again another email that says on the next billing cycle. This has been going on since July and they have had plenty of time to refund my money. I am a disabled single mom and can't afford for someone taking money for something I don't have or want. My checking account ended up overdrawn because of their actions. I would not recommend this site or product to anyone. I'd hate for something like this to happen to someone else. Hope this helps someone else, at this point I don't know that I'll ever get my money back which will make for a really bad Christmas for my boys. I've already told my boys not to expect any gifts for Christmas, it just really sucks that a company would rather have 2 boys go without a Christmas so they can have an extra $200. Tell your friends and loved ones about this, maybe if they start losing business they'll change their business practices.

Comments

• Ki
      3rd of Dec, 2007

the same thing happened to me. if they don't give our money back we are going to try and sue them. i am a single mom also.
    this has been going on since aug.

• Co
      4th of Dec, 2007

i cant believe how they can get awa with this they also double billed me and are sending me that 2-3 billing cycle refund email as well i found a website that has other postings about striaex /link removed/ you might be interested in some comments on there

• As
      13th of Dec, 2007

I got charfed by them and they have fake proof of delivery and they sent me a mail form their legal department asking me not to dispute my case!!! They are doing daylight robbery can some one help me with this.

• Ed
      6th of Jan, 2008

I made my worst error ordering a "trial" from Striaex. I never got anything, yet they charged me. I sent a million emails to them, trying to cancel the so-called " membership", it did not work. I cancelled my credit card, and then they emailed me, threatening me with actions. I hope no other honest and innocent customer would get into this trap.

• Me
      7th of Jan, 2008

I had the same thing happen except I relized what I had done before it had arrived and sent it back unopened the day it came-which was VERY late and I canceld my card so no charges could be made (this is after reading the nightmare stories). Now they have threatned to turn me over to the credit agencys if I dont pay a certain amount. Want to sue? Who should we report this too? BBBof Canada-did it! HELP-Megan.

• As
      9th of Jan, 2008

I don't think they would go to the credit agency as they have so many customers complaining they are just trying to scare ppl . By saying we will file a case against you and we will sue you. They are canadian based comapny and they cannot do anything of that kind in USA. To file a case they need to be in USA and their product is not FDI approved so we can go and sue them or the credit agency, its just an empty threat. Candain credit companies ahve nothing to do with US credit companies and since its overseas buisness they have to be more careful than the customers.

• Da
      14th of Jan, 2008

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me with these scam artists. They charged me over $200 for product I never received, and to this day refuse to refund my money. I reported them to the Canadian equivalent of the BBB and they said the company has 30 days to respond to my complaint. All of the e-mails I received were from some guy named Mike or a girl named Sarah who I highly doubt are REAL people. I don't know if you've ever tried but I have never been able to get someone on the phone. I was charged back in September and I'm still unable to get my refund processed. I'm now making it my mission that NOONE ever buys anything from these people again. It's nothing more than a cross-border scam.

• De
      14th of Jan, 2008

Same thing happened to me. Tried to cancel trial within 1/2 hour after reading all the negative publicity. They claimed I couldn't since it had already been shipped. Too bad thier customer service wasn't as speedy! I cancelled my credit card right away. They now have harrased me into sending a money order of $79.99 so they do not send me to collections. I have excellent credit and do not wish to have to hire an attorney to fix it later. That will cost even more money. It's a shame this company stays in business after reading how many people they rip off each day. I have now paid $83.00 plus costs of shipping and postage and receipts for NO products in hand, not even the trials. What a rip off. Stay far away from this company.

21st of Jan, 2008

I not only filed a complaint with the BBB, Vancouver, BC, but also the United States Attorney General's Office.
    Please do the same thing. With enough complaints, they will take action against Striaex.
    I was charged $259.00 for unwanted products that was returned to them. My CCCompany paid them against my dispute because they were hassling them so much.
    This company has to be stopped.

Please file a report with the US Att. Gen. Office.

Just go to this address: http://www.ic3.gov/ and file the complaint. Together we stand--divided, I'm afraid they win.

• Mi
      3rd of Mar, 2008

They did the same thing to me. They claim my refund is being "Requested". I filed a complaint with the BBB and I am going to my local police this week to see if there is anything they can do.

• Me
      22nd of Mar, 2008

Please please help... same thing happened to me... what shall i do... should i cancel my card so no charges should be made... pls pls help!!!

• Pe
      18th of Apr, 2008

i totally agree with all of you..they are robberies..i just checked my saving account and i realized i got charged twice which made up almost $200..i am so worried now..i wish i could stop the transaction from being processing..what i can i now? it seems like they would never refund or do anything about it...help me please?

• Ra
      3rd of May, 2008

I'm glad that you guys took the time to write about you experience, I was about to orde from them, but I decided to do a little research about their reputation, because it just sounded too good to be true.I also got alarmed when I couldnt find a customer service number for them. On their website it says that the shipping might take 2-3 weeks and by that time the free trial period is pretty close to end so that made me uncomftorable .Im so glad I found this website.For you guys who have lost money because of ordering from them, I sugest to go from your bank and open up a dispute with them.I'm sure with your proof you can get your money back.

• St
      4th of May, 2008

I am sorry that you had to go through this. I work as an email customer service representative for several major online stores. Unfortunatley, we have the same policies for refunds. Most credits only take a week or two, (still too long for me). For some reason, some refunds will take up to 2 billing cycles to be processed. I know, it sucks. Unfortunately, I can't tell the customers that. I've learned through my job that you always read the help desk on the website. Usually, this explains all the return procedures, etc. If you can't find the information there, look under the "about us" or "company info" sections. Sometimes they are at the bottom of the homepage. And you're right, if you can't find any of this information, don't order.

• Ca
      15th of Oct, 2008

About a year ago I also ordered their product on a trial basis. It was suppose to be a 90 day free trial. Well from the time I ordered to the so called free 90 day time to try it, I got it with 2 weeks left to spare of the 90 day time period. I'm sorry but 2 weeks is not enough time to see if a product is going to work for you or not. I called and told them this, and they told me that their records showed that I had the product for 90 days, so they charged me for it. What a shame that there are always people out to rip you off, what a shame that there's so many dishonest people out there. Do not order this product. Go to your local drug store and buy something off the shelf, they have great products out there now, and they won't cost you $109, or unwanted charges on your credit card. At least you'll know how your money was spent with peace of mind.

• Ac
      18th of Oct, 2008

Has anyone tried to dispute the charges with their credit card companies?

• Jq
      28th of Oct, 2008

awful company! We all need a good lawyer!

• St
      25th of Jan, 2009

Please help on how i could file a complaint against Striaex!! They are such a bunch of scammers!! I've made a terrible mistake of ordering the free trial and now they are charging me $200. I've called/emailed them a hundred times with no response. I've then cancelled my credit card and now i've got a letter from 'Transworld Systems' asking me to pay that bill or if not, they will assign my account to a collector!!..With all the complaints, I just can't believe how STRIAEX COMPANY could still operate their scamming business until now. I've checked their website and they are still posting that SCAM 'free trial'..Please help...

• Si
      2nd of Feb, 2009

Yes this company is awful! I Fell for it too. The only thing you can do is dispute it with your credit card company because they have specialists handle fraud.
    And you need to tell them WHY this can be considered fraudulent.
    First, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Vancouver, CA.
    They will say you gave them your electronic signature when you checked the box. The Terms & Conditions was very faint and it was hard to see that if you clicked on it, it was a hyper link. Also their Terms and Conditions can't be accurate because THEY agree to a 25-day free trial for $2.95 shipping. Then they will tell you that you should have paid $50+ for Expedited shipping because you are in the U.S. and that is a "long distance shipment." Also it was hard to see there was a drop box for Expedited shipping because it automatically chose the $2.95 shipping, and it takes about 10 days for it to ship, meaning there is NO WAY you'd get your "FREE 25 DAY TRIAL" before they bill you about $419.91.
    I followed the return policy completely and should have gotten a refund for AT Least the 2nd shipment for $200. But i've had to put up with this crap just like everyone else.
    You need to tell your cardholder services what happened and WHY they should try to dispute it. Yes, they are a VALID COMPANY but they're a rotten one.
    So say Striaex website is SNEAKY and is purposely just trying to get your credit card account and charge you for something you "agreed to" when clearly they've been doing this far too long.

***Last but not least, VERY IMPORTANT!!!***
    If and when you follow their "return policy" and get an RMA number, send them back all their products--DO NOT KEEP THE PRODUCTS EVEN IF YOU'VE ALREADY PAID FOR THEM--because they don't even WORK from my experience--and get a TRACKING NUMBER, from the post office or whatever. It will cost you about $10 for shipping w/ tracking number out of your pocket.
    Keep your original USPS receipt, track your shipment online, and you can prove that STRIAEX RECEIVED YOUR PACKAGE BACK and accepted it. So you can now help your cardholder services dispute because YOU NO LONGER HAVE THE PRODUCTS, they have them!

I hope this helps someone, anyone.

Peace!!

• Kn
      19th of Feb, 2009

i ordered the product and returned it in a timely manner w/o opening the box. i send the product back in april thru the post office. i also went to their customer service dept & e-mailed them w/the tracking #. i never heard anything from them & last month finally threw away the post office tracking info thinking all is clear. i just received a note from a credit agency Transworld Systems based in OH stating that i am charged $189.98. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. i am going to report them to the canadian version of the bb.