Streetbeasts Kit car / They Rip off my money

1 240 ne 72nd streetMiami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-888-6645

They send catalog, they call with good sale price, say must put deposit now, I send fed ex $1500, 8month a go, no kit

Comments

St
  27th of Oct, 2008

me too...### !!

Ja
  14th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

You bunch of dumbass'. You think you are going to pay someone $1500 and get the parts you ordered. You have to pay them off, if you are looking for a company that will send you their product before they get their money, good luck. Go find a back you ###s and borrow it if you do not have it. They do not self finance you ###s.

1b
  18th of Jun, 2010

If you just got stuck for $1500 consider yourself lucky.
I bought a 1934 coupe paid $17445.00 and have not received anything. they will not answer phone or email. I know dumb [censor]. I wish I looked into Streetbeasts prior to wasting all that money.This is fraud and will be in court.

St
  2nd of Jan, 2011

I just went through the exact same thing. They just shut everything down and actually sent me a crap so called kit! All I got was a half assed frame and body to a cobra. I paid an extra 1200 for them to set up my frame for a small block ford and didn't get anywhere close to it. They didn't send anything but a box with carpet, and some head light glass to a VW. No windshield, no harness, no nothing! After looking for some of these parts online, I'm well out 3-4 thousand worth in parts to get it closer to being called a kit!, not to mention the crap body that needs well over 6 thousand in body work to get it close to being decently painted. These son's of [censor]es ruined my dream of actually building a cobra. You mentioned you were suing. Have you gotten with any other victims to file a large suit against this [censor]? I'm looking for others whom have gone through the same things.

Do
  25th of Jan, 2011

they have been promising me a windshield for my cobra for 2 years. they must have taken my body out of the same crapy mold. I wish they was a class action suit that would at least help us get the parts we PAID for

De
  29th of Apr, 2011

I was going to order a kit from them but they never even answered any of my emails or calls. Didn't even get the magazine/brochures I requested. THANK GOD!!! I guess this is one time I'm glad that I wasn't persistent in making contact with (what I thought was) a "slow poke" company. I would have wound up like you guys. Hey man sorry to hear about this kind of crap!!! I hope you all can get some kind of reimbursement for this scam. Good Luck

Wi
  11th of Mar, 2013

I also got ripped off of about $8000 worth of parts. very depressing.

Lo
  12th of Jun, 2015
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Wow.. Just.. Wow..
Welcome to the United States; The laziest vehicle owners in world history.

The problem:
There is a reason people say "Not to buy with companies you don't trust".

The result:
If it's your FIRST time buying ANYTHING with the place, and you're familiar with their operation, then one of two irritants has occured:
(1): You didn't do enough research into the company.
(2): You're too damn lazy to go and find an original model of the car you want.

The solution:
Don't buy from a company you're not familiar with or trust. Go out into the world and find one of the original models of the vehicle! There are hundreds of them, all over the world, in ghost towns, in junkyards, in abandoned properties currently up for anyone who can afford to buy it. All just slowly rotting away in time, while you're busy getting off on being jipped. Nothing against replicas really, as they do look nice when done right, but kit cars are never going hold the type of value that their predecessors do.

Problem solved.

Lo
  12th of Jun, 2015

Annotation for the last notice:

'And you're *not* familiar' is what it was supposed to say..

Abandoned properties run dirt cheap. Look at Detroit. Abandoned places run so cheap, some are only $1 starting price, and others are in such desperate need of attention, the government will apparently pay you the buyer to take it.

If you're not familiar with a company, you should keep "shopping' until you find one that you do know or trust. Or at least one that you dealt with a minimum of three or four times before.

FACT: Most people are too lazy to own and maintain a real car, so they either turn to kits or modern instead. There's no real value in a kit, because you don't put any restoration time and effort into it, and there's no original parts. You just build it according to a manual, so not as much hand-crafted detail to work with.

((Note: This annotation is revised because of the beloved censorship everyone loves so much))