Stratstone / Jaguar X type / Rip off

United Kingdom Review updated:
The latest position with my Jag is the car is to be towed from Harrogate (breakdown area) to Stratstone (Preston Hall). Stratstone are preparing quotes on my behalf to hand the car over as scrap.

The outcome is that I purchased warranty from Stratstone to cover for 100, 000 miles and the car failed at 40, 000. A £13k car purchased 18 months ago is now valued at near zero cost.

I am very disappointed with both Stratstone and Jaguar. Jaguar has stumped up half an engine and Stratstone half the repair - this does not get me safely back on the road. I intend to move away from the brand and avoid Stratstone in future like the Bubonic Plague as I fell like I have been conned.

I am considering my legal position.

A  6th of Apr, 2011 by
The X type is a rubbish car. Ok if you just want to drive to shops or the occasional long drive but absolutley rubbish if required for any heavy duty driving. I picked up a 04 X-type estate. It had about k40, 000 on clock. Now done 119, 000 but on third engine, numerous back shock, and costs a fortune every time it gets serviced.
Stratsone were less than useles when 1st engine blew up.
Jag can't make a car that is designed for high milage