Strathmore's Who's Who / Switch and bait!

1 26 Bond StreetWestbury Zip Code 11590, NY, United States
Phone: (516)997-2525

I was a member of Poetry.com. StrathmoresWhosWho.com had contacted me in regards to my recognition of my poetry that I had received recognition from while writing my poetry via Poetry.com back in 2004 until 2009. They claimed that they would send me a free book with some of my original poetry in it along with the annual membership and a plaque stating briefly my accomplishments. Note: They played on my ego! Then when I had received the invoice, low and behold!, not only was I charged for the plaque which I wanted a refund, it was handprinted the following *The book is available at an additional cost -- it is not included with the membership and adding more injury in type the following: Due to the highly personalized nature of our service and publication deadlines, all transactions are final and non-refundable.

Note: I had contacted the company and a man said that he is the new Director. He said that he cannot refund me the money because he wasn't the previous Director!
I informed him that the same people are working under him! Recently, a company EBER & WEIN PUBLISHING, 244 5th Avenue, Suite 1900, New York, NY [protected] sent me an invitation to enter into their new and exciting poetry competition, the 2010 Nationall Amateur Poetry Competition sponsored by them. Frankly, I hesitate to even enter having the "gut feeling" that they take people's poetry for their own financial gain!