Straight Talk Wireless / worst phone service ever

United States Review updated:

I'm not gonna type out 20 paragraphs of a rant. Google "Straight talk wireless complaints". Look at the posts just from today alone. I just spent 02:12:11 on hold before i gave up- thats two hours, twelve minutes and 11 seconds. And that was just today. I've made at least 50 calls trying to get through to customer service in the past 4 days. I returned my broken phone for a replacement a week ago & still am waiting for my new one- they assured me it would be a few days wait. I cant get through to customer service AND i called fedex and they have no record of a package in transit to me from straight talk. Walmart won't do anything about it because they just sell the phones, they don't service them. I'm a pretty patient person, but I've had no phone for a week & it looks like a slim chance of getting a replacement anytime soon. I finally gave up and called my credit card company to dispute the charges for the phone and service. of course now Straight talk owns my phone number that i had for 10 years and ported over to their service, so thats another issue i need to deal with. grrr. sorry i said i wasn't going to type a long rant. Do yourself a favor. Spend the extra $10 a month on a reliable cell phone company. I'm done

Comments

• Ed
      26th of Feb, 2011

Straight Talk is infamous for customer service problems, but if you can get past that then you won't be able to find a totally unlimited plan for 45 bucks a month. More like dish out the extra 30 bucks a month for a contract plan because all prepaid plans cut corners somehow to deliver lower prices. The signal quality is outstanding. If you want to pay a freakishly low price for a powerful plan, be ready to deal with the consequences in other departments.

• Ro
      26th of Feb, 2011

I posted just before eddytal77. I actually had the $30 plan (not unlimited), so an extra $10 (maybe $15) would get me a comparable plan with another carrier. StraightTalk uses Verizon's network, so yes the signal is great... when you have a working phone that can access it. I finally was able to port my number away from straight talk. Remember how I was waiting for my replacement phone? Several weeks later, it arrived via mail. I took the phone over to my local walmart, explained my issues & was immediately refunded. The product manager told me he had gotten so many complaints that it was easier to refund me than try and work something out with the service provider. Walmart just sells the phones, Straight Talk provides the service. I was lucky he refunded me, he didn't "have" to do that. And I was NOT refunded (or credited) for the service plan I had paid for the very day my phone broke. Anyway Good Luck to anyone who buys Straight Talk. It may be working now, but you'll be kicking yourself when issues arise & it's your turn to face the "lack of" customer service you'll receive.

• Ed
      1st of Apr, 2011

Well I'm in Eddy's boat on this one in that nothing has gone wrong so I haven't had to take a taste of the CS nightmare. CS nightmares are no fun, I agree, but I wonder if you would still save money replacing your straight talk phone every time something went wrong than actually signing a contract with one of the big carriers... lol...