Straight Talk Cell Phone / cannot activate

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I bought a Straight Talk phone a week ago and have yet to be able to activate it! They claim the serial number of the phone has someone elses account information on it. When I call "customer service" I get put on hold and transferred to departments that don't answer!!! This is an obvious rip off operation aimed at getting your money and wearing you out trying to get what you paid for.

Comments

• Ed
      24th of Feb, 2010

My experience with Straight Talk has been nothing but great. I use their $45 Unlimited plan and have dealt with their customer service a few times, each time its been good service and has fixed my problem. As an example, I didnt like hearing my credit update before every call so I spoke to someone in CS and they turned it off within minutes. All big companies, and especially all cell phone providers have problems with the CS departments, maybe try going into a WalMart and speaking to someone in person. Considering what excellent value for money Straight Talk plans provide, its hard to see that they'd be a 'rip-off operation'.

• Ti
      25th of Feb, 2010

WELL I GOT A PHONE FROM WALMART LAST WEEK AND I CAN'T SEEM TO ACTIVATE IT. I TOOK I LAST ONE BACK AND THEY GIVE ME A NEW PHONE. BUT HELL THAT ### DONT WORK EITHER AND IAM REALLY GETTING FIRED UP ABOUT IT. IAM TAKING THE OTHER BACK TODAY AND I WILL JUST GO BACK TO ALLTEL AND T- MOBILE.

• Si
      9th of Jun, 2010

WHY IS MY PHONE SAYING SERVICE DISABLED

• Wh
      21st of Jul, 2010

I got straight talk back in October and had a problem with my phone I called cs and they told me to just see if I could return the phone or they would send me another one. I did not want the same phone because I looked up the reviews and there were a lot of people who had problems I did return the other one with a fight and got a new phone That is what customer service told me to do. I called to activate the new phone and the problem started. Since I returned the other phone it deactivated everything. I have made several phone calls and spent several hours on the phone even with corporate.Every time I talk to someone I hear a different answer to how long it will take to reactivate my phone. I explained I gave this number out on my resume and who knows how many calls I missed. I also have a mother who is 83 years old and I am scheduled to go out of town and if there is an emergency no one will be able to reach me.
    I was told it would be fixed in the morning and if it is nor I can not go out of town I will have to cancel.
    I am beyond I do not know what to do except hope it is activated in the morning. If not I will have to call corporate again.

• Gd
      21st of Dec, 2010

HASSLE! HASSLE! HASSLE!!! I've had nothing but problems since I bought this phone. The customer service is obviously half way around the world and communication is a -10 on a scale from 1 to 10! And try canceling a credit card on your account! Good luck there. My phone went south on me after I received a text from Straighttalk to dial *22890 to upgrade the towers. Immediately after my phone ceased to receive and send phone calls. It tells me the phone number does not exist or is not in service and to contact my service provider. Fat chance! After an hour of doing the same exercises over and over with a S.Talk customer service to no avail, I ended up hanging up and totally frustrated and my phone still doesn't work. To make a long story short, I made a trip to Verizon and canceled this piece of junk. NEVER AGAIN!! Don't take the bait and go for this junk service -- you'll regret it!! And, it's not worth the "cheap" phone. You'll end up paying for it -- one way or the other.