Strada Technologies / TNT Cart / Website Development

1 Sudbury, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I have a long history with two companies, i.e. Website Advancement, and Strada Technologies later changed to TNT Cart). Strada Technologies changed their name a few months after I got involved with them and disappeared off the net and their phone numbers were disconnected. I don't even remember now how it was that I managed to locate them again to learn that they had a new website and new phone numbers, and new promises.

In March of this year, I got a phone call from a representative of Strada Technologies, whose sales pitch sounded so sincere and enticing, that I agreed to sign up with them. He forwarded to me an agreement form for Website Advancement, to build a WC3 compliant website for me, which I signed and sent back a scanned copy. A short time later, the representative called me back and said he had sent me the wrong form. He explained that his company, Strada Technologies had been in the process of merging with Website Advancement, but based on advice from their lawyers, Strada Technologies decided against the merger. He sent me another form for Strada Technologies to complete, which I did, so now I am on the hook for both companies. (It now sounds so incredibly gullible of me that I just can't even fathom how I could have been so trusting!)

It is now going 7 months since then, and Strada Technologies/TNT Cart still have not completed my website, and neither has Website Advancement provided a fully functional website. You can never get through to either company by phone, so you have to leave numerous voice mail and email messages that they take forever to respond to, and when they do, it's only with more promises and excuses. Now, it seems, they don't even bother with that.

La

Comments

7th of Nov, 2008

Your story reads exactly like ours...If there are enough of us we could pursue a class actin lawsuit. I have already sent them a registered letter indicating that I intend to notify the Atty Gen of Washington and Ohio and I have also advised my lawyer that I terminated them for cause and have requested full reimbursement of my investment...they have yet to acknowledge the registered letter or return emails

• Ki
      15th of Nov, 2008

SAME STORY for me! I'm in if you agree on a class action lawsuit!
    I was lead to believe that they were the same company that originally hosted my website (myebiz) and even agreed to give me 'Free hosting' for two years as part of the deal. Has anyone actually gotten their website completed and operational by them?

• La
      15th of Nov, 2008

I'm also interested in the class action lawsuit, but I need to know what the potential cost would be as I am very strapped financially now because of this ongoing battle with Strada/TNT cart. Do you know how many people are needed before a class action lawsuit can be filed? Does everyone have to be present in court, etc. How do we decide who will represent us, etc? Lots of questions. The other concern I have is that if the people at Strada Tech/TNT Cart start to feel the pressure, they will just disappear off the net as they did once before, and be very hard to find, in which case, any lawsuit we file would be pretty hard to pursue.

Have any of you been able to reach them when you try emailing or calling? I have been able to get in touch, but all I get is more promises and delays.

It's a bit of a relief to know I'm not going through this all alone, although I totally can relate to how you might feel. I have not told any of my family or friends about this because I don't want to worry anyone, and I feel like a fool for having got myself into this mess. As I'm sure you know, they sounded so sincere and professional at first.

• Ro
      19th of Nov, 2008

They sold me a song and a dance to.
    I contracted with TnT cart in August. With the promise of a web site in 60 working days(per contract)
    I stiil do not have a website Yesterday I got through to customer service and they had enough stones to try to up sell me for and other 1700.00
    It is always more empty promises and more delays
    LAWSUIT COUNT ME IN?

• St
      20th of Nov, 2008

These complaints could have been written by me. I was just trying to figure out who I could contact to get my money
    back, I spent $3, 000 last December and still haven't gotten my web site finished.

27th of Nov, 2008

The same thing is happening to me. Count me in for a lawsuit against them!

12th of Dec, 2008

Lets do this! I am more than willing to go to Seattle if we can get enough people to make this work. We should find out how many we need in order to make it a legal matter. I am done with them. I have been very patient and nothing has been done about what is owed to me.

I will research about what we need to do and then get in touch with as many peaople like ourselves to get this ball rolling. They claim to be ethical, but I have yet to see even an ounce of truth and honesty, not even going into several breaches of contracts.

The other thing that is really bugging me is that I swear the same few people keep answering the phone and they just change their names, I have never said anything to them directly, but I'm not stupid.

Something is fishy and it is time that we take appropriate actions!

Sincerely,
    Anonymous4Now

• Tn
      30th of Dec, 2008

In response to the complaints on Complaints Board,

TNT Cart LLC formerly known as Strada Cart LLC. has been working very hard with the Attorney Generals Office and the Better Business Bureau to resolve any and all outstanding complaints against TNT Cart. It has been brought to our attention that there is a handful of upset clients that are trying to band a Class Act Lawsuit against TNT Cart. The Attorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau both help consumers MEDIATE complaints with corporations. It is not in the practice of the Better Business Bureau or the Attorney Generals Office to ARBITRATE. As an ethical company it is our practice to mediate rather than arbitrate with our client base. TNT Cart is prepared to defend itself against Negative Comments or Slander especially from clients who are not willing to work with us to resolve any issues.

Negative Comments/Slander

Client specifically agrees not to engage in negative comments or slander regarding TNT Cart LLC, including but not limited to publishing, or causing to be published, complaints or derogatory comments regarding TNT Cart LLC in any format, including but not limited to, print, newspaper, television, radio or on internet complaint sites, blogs or other public internet forums. Should there be a breach of this condition TNT Cart LLC will be entitled to liquidated damages in the amount of $2, 000.00 for each publishing or posting. If said breach occurs on an internet complaint site each hit to that website will be considered an individual breach of this condition, and subject to additional liquidated damages of $100 per occurrence. Further, TNT Cart LLC shall be entitled to litigate this matter, and obtain the monetary damages together with conjunctive relief. The prevailing party to that litigation shall be entitled to an award of attorney's fees.

TNT Cart's legal team is putting together a strong case against everyone involved in this attempt to slander and bring unjust hardship against TNT Cart.

TNT Cart is well aware that a client by the name of Nelly Briggs has contacted several other clients in pursuit of forming a Class Act Lawsuit against TNT Cart. TNT Cart will be serving a court order to any and all clients that are involved with Nelly Briggs. As a principal business practice clients with problems should contact the company to resolve any and all outstanding issues regarding services or products. Any clients seeking a resolve to any outstanding complaints should call 1-877-225-1337 and we will assist you. Again TNT Cart has answered EVERY complaint to the Attorney Generals Office, and the Better Business Bureau's office. We want to resolve these issues, please help us assist you. It is STRONGLY recommended that if you are contacted by another client requesting your involvement with a Class Action Law Suite against TNT Cart, you should contact TNT Cart immediately. Here is a copy of the e mail that is being sent to TNT Cart's clients by Nelly Briggs. It is very damaging, and again any and all participants related to such acts will be served a Court Order to appear in person in King County, Seattle Washington.

Hello TNT Cart LLC Client,

There are around 14 of us so far who are trying to get our money back from TNT Cart. I contracted with them in May and still don't have a fully functional site. They won't return phone calls or answer emails and I haven't had any contact with them since October.

I found your site by doing a search for tntcart on Google. A few sites that they are building show up on the second page of the results.

The best thing to do is contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. Most of us are in the process of doing that. We are also filing complaints with the BBB.

The Attorney General usually takes about 4 weeks before they respond to a complaint, but they are responding to ours within a day or two and contacting TNT Cart immediately.

Some of the credit card companies are asking for a lot of proof that you don't have a fully functional website. One is even asking for a webmaster to verify that the site is not functional. You will also need proof for the Attorney General because TNT Cart will respond to them that they delivered what you paid for. The Attorney General will close the file unless you respond and give them a reason to keep it open. You should write down your experience with TNT Cart from the time they contacted you until now, any conversations you had with them and promises they made to you. I'd also take screen shots of anything not working on your site and the administrative back end.

I can add you to our email list and keep you up to date on what is going on, if you'd like.

Nelly S. Briggs

Now in response to Nelly Briggs,

TNT Cart had contracted with Nelly Briggs on 05/06/2008. In TNT Cart's contract we have 60 business days to complete the website. TNT Cart completed Nelly's website with in the first 30 days of sign up. Nelly forwarded her domain name to TNT Cart's web server so TNT Cart could publish the website live on the internet. TNT Cart published the website live on the internet and there was a fully functional hand built website. About two months later Nelly Briggs re pointed her domain name causing the website TNT Cart built to go off line. Nelly Briggs voided the contract by moving her domain name away from her website file on TNT Cart's server, preventing TNT Cart or anyone else from being able to edit the website. Once TNT Cart became aware that Nelly Briggs transferred her domain name from TNT Cart's servers, TNT Cart republished Nelly Briggs website under a sub domain name which is,

productsforthedeaf.tntcart.com

TNT Cart has been in contact with Nelly Briggs and she refuses to work with TNT Cart. TNT Cart is preparing to file a law suit against every client that is caught slandering TNT Cart. If you are a client of TNT Cart, and have complaints with TNT Cart PLEASE call 1-877-225-1337. It is Again TNT Cart LLC's policy to MEDIATE, not ARBITRATE.

• Ne
      4th of Jan, 2009

You say you are working very hard with the ATG and the BBB to resolve complaints. Too bad you aren't working as hard to give your clients what they paid for. Did it ever occur to you that returning phone calls or responding to emails from your clients might have spared you from receiving any complaints against you?
    Just a thought :)

• Li
      5th of Jan, 2009

The funny thing about TNT Carts claim about working hard with ATG and the BBB to settle any and all complaints is that they are only trying to settle with the people who file complaints. What about those who have not filed a complaint and are hoping to settle directly with TNT Cart? Is TNT Cart making any attempt to resolve these issues? Not as far as I am concerned. I have waited patiently to receive a response regarding TNT Cart not living up to their contract only to do research on the web and find there are a lot of folks out there with the same issue. I have filed my complaint with the BBB so that I to can contacted by TNT Cart and have my issues settled.

• Ro
      5th of Jan, 2009

Its been 5 months since I bought a web site package from TNT.
    46 days ago I posted a complaint here.
    Since then TNT cart has been in contact with me.
    Tom actually calls when he says he will And has been excellent on customer service.
    My website is almost finished.All I need is my blog and a couple of changes and Iam ready to rock and roll.
    I just wanted to update my status with TNT Cart here and give credit where cerdit is do

• Pi
      9th of Jan, 2009

In law, defamation (also called calumny, libel, slander, and vilification) is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image.

So lets look at the key word here...FALSE! Why don't you answer your phones? I call and call and call and never get anyone picking up!!! When I call any other companies customer service I GET PEOPLE!!!

Before you go threatening people about suing them maybe you should check yourselves out! You don't scare us and I'm tired of you pushing me around and I'm sure that others are too.

• Ne
      21st of Mar, 2009

Their website says:

'On 03/09/09 TNT Cart LLC officially shut the business down. Any clients seeking a further explanation can still phone in to the Help desk. The number is 1-877-225-1337 All clients will have the opportunity to continue operating their store front. We are duly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for your patience.

This site will shut down completely with in two weeks.'

It looks like they are still doing business at http://wizy-wiz.com/

• Ex
      27th of Mar, 2009

Having originally worked for the company, dealt with the fact that they bounced my last paycheck, then I had to wait forever to get insured funds, I am happy that they are out of business. I am more then happy to assist anyone that has dealt with the company and is now without a finished product. To top things off it will cost you nothing besides hosting cost. Not only will I do the site better but it isnt going to cost you what it did and I stick by my promises. http://www.luciddreamsdevelopment.com

• Da
      28th of Mar, 2009

Could you please post any information about the class action lawsuit? I spent 6, 000 dollars for a website and lifetime hosting and support and now this company has left me high and dry! I would like to get some of my money back!

• Ex
      31st of Mar, 2009

oh and get this. this is the best part. After contacting former people who are working with tnt cart or had. I recieved a phone call today from Alex, Now according to everyone I have spoken with they say that someone by the name of tom is the original owner of the company when in reality its alex and jeremy. To my amazement he began by acting calm, saying I shouldnt contact his clients and I was harassing them. He then said that he was going to post stuff on the internet talking trash about my company if I didnt. of course I have NOTHING to hide. and actually look forward to the laugh I am going to get from his post that he makes. I asked him for his attorney's name. So that way my attorney could contact his. of course he said he didnt have to give it to me. All I have to say about this company is beware!!!

• Ha
      30th of May, 2009

Check this out... Might help some of you.

and of course, the blog version...

• St
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I'll only be "happy" when I finally get back some of my f:-)king money!

• Bu
      2nd of Feb, 2010

These folks are shysters of the BIG fraud in a large pond. Once they get your cc number it's Katie bar the door because they might double charge you (as they did us) and leave you without a pot to stick you own head in.

Keep AWAY! is all I can say.

• En
      1st of Jun, 2011

It has been a couple of years but I was also scammed by these very people. I have no websites from them and no refund either. I've called and was told my case would be turned over to their lawyers - no responses. I DID NOT buy websites from them at the price quoted. They charged my credit card twice. I was battling cancer shortly after that and could not take care of this business. They took advantage of this situation and more situations since then. When I call, I don't get call backs. I was PROMISED refunds on many occasions but none every came through. I had to cancel the credit card and get a new one.
    What they are doing is FRAUD!